Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 25, 2012
I used the handle bar mount for my Adixxion camcorder for the first time today. It was easy to install. The tripod hold is easily removed to attach the cam and easily fits back into place. The mount holds the cam tightly. The cam is easy to adjust left to right on the mount, but the mount is very noisy! It rattles! Constantly! No matter how I tried to adjust it or anything I tried could quiet the constant rattling. I enjoy the quiet of being outside on my rides and the rattling was very annoying.
Also, there is no dampening/cushioning on this mount that might help to stabilize the video. What I came home with was a noisy, very shakey video of my ride.
3 stars because it does what it says it will: hold the cam tightly on my handlebars. However, I am looking for a different mount for my Adixxion.
on June 17, 2013
Nice mount for the camera that provides a strong wide base for the Adixxion. The rattling mentioned in the previous post is caused by the base that quick-releases from the mount (which is nice and convenient actually) not being a tight fit so it actually rattles when going over any bumps. But it's not loose and you don't have to worry about the camera coming off. Fixed the rattle problem by just puting some cushion inside of the mount so when the base sits on it, it's cushioned. Easy fix. Used some 3/4" wide x 3/8" thick weather stripping as the cushion which you can get at Home Depot or any hardware store probably. Something like this - Frost King R534H Sponge Rubber Foam Tape 5/16-Inch, Black

Any kind of cushion would work. I just wanted something that would hold itself there when I take the camera off. The weather stripping I had has adhesieve on one side.

would have been 5-stars if I didn't have to do a quick-fix to cure the rattle.
on October 31, 2013
I purchased a couple of these for my JVC mini camcorder. I put one on my mountain bike and I use one on the rifle scope of my rifle,shotgun and crossbow and works well. On the scopes I put double face tape underneath so the camera will not slip from side to side as the scopes have a very smooth surface. My hunting buddy put one on his compound bow stabilizer and it works well. It is made of a very durable plastic and is lightweight and holds up well, should last a very long time.
on January 25, 2014
Fast shipping and a great quality product. Mounts securely to my handlebars with no problem and the camera fits on the mount perfectly.
on February 24, 2014
This mount is a great idea, but hasn't been completely thought out. For starters, the bolt is 1/2" too short to fit the largest part of modern road bike handlebars (near the stem). It'll fit just fine on smaller bars or further out on a road bike bar, but I want that space for my hands!
Also, there's enough play in between the bracket and the base of the mount and again between the mount and the camera that road vibration gets exaggerated and minor chatter can make video hard to watch (see http://youtu.be/n6HsYU73dao). To correct this, I put a thick rubber band between the ring that goes round the bar and the base that holds the camera. I also put a small foam rubber pad between the base of the holder and the QR plate. These two fixes manages to tame the vibration and make the mount useable again.
The mount also dropped my camera once (before I added the foam pad) when I hit a large pothole doing 25 mph. It has, however, proven to be reliable in other circumstances, but I would advise using a retaining strap of some sort if I was mounting this on a MTB or riding on especially rough roads.
on July 15, 2014
well it works for me well not only can I use my camcorder I get to use it for other things as well like my camera that I just got in. As I used it on my trip to New Hampshire run it let me take great pictures, and I even took videos of the other bikes as well while riding behind them that way I got to see things I was Unaware of as being on two wheels and balancing 800 pounds of machine one needs to focus more on the road then when in a car, All I do is hook the attachment to the unit Im going to use and just place it in the unit that is mounted to the handlebars. And it has a quick realease button so you don't have to keep remounting the main unit back on the handlebars every time you want to use it. All you need to do is screw the plate to the unit that you want to use pop it in. You will hear it click and you know it is secure. And it works well with a action camera.
on September 17, 2014
This mount holds the camera well, but it's maximum compatible bar size is too small for a lot of newer style handlebars that are much thicker near the stem.
on September 29, 2014
good for outdoors action shots bike riders skate boaders
on March 21, 2014
The bicycle bar mount works great and is very solid when riding, even on bumpy dirty country trails. It also has a quick release feature, which is great in case you ever need to leave your bike and don't trust leaving your camera behind too.
on June 17, 2014
Simple installation on the bike handlebar, holds the camera very well and secure
Was able to mount on multiple locations on the bike