Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3D Full HD Camera (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 30, 2011
I'm extremely happy with the quality of my images taken with my new GS-TD1 and of the quality of the build of the camcorder. I have been very pleased with the quality when viewing recordings done in both the AVCHD and MP4(MVC) modes.

I've been especially impressed with recordings I have done at night. The recorded image is very close to what the eye perceives and there is a lack of grain in the images as compared to my other camcorders and to the Fuji Finepix Real 3D W3 which I have been using for a year to take 3D snaps. The anti-camera shake feature works very well for handheld. Having 3D zoom and all the manual features is terrific. The auto mode of shooting has been great so far and I've just begun getting into the manual features.

The 3D viewing screen is big and bright and the touch sensitivity works well. I don't think the 3D image on the touch screen is as solid as that on the Fuji Finepix Real 3D, but it works as well when viewed straight on. In the 2D mode the viewing screen in very impressive with a very sharp image.

So bottom line I am really happy I bought the GS-TD1. I think that JVC has done an excellent job in the design and implementation of a consumer 3D camcorder. I view my video on a Samsung 55" 8000 series LED TV and the output looks great to me in either format. The results of shooting in the AVCHD mode look better to me than what is being shown in 3D on DirecTV or down loadable on Vudu. There is very little crosstalk or ghosting in my images. I'm not thrilled about JVC's included editing software but I expect it to improve.

I would recommend this camcorder to anyone wanting to use a compact 3D camcorder to shoot videos to enjoy on their 3D TV. I for one love the 3D experience and as complicated as it can be to create 3D images, JVC has done a great job making it simple and portable for everyone. Good job JVC!
on December 26, 2012
Used on a South America cruise and have some great video of the glaciers and penguins. On the Falklands a penguin came up to the camera and pecked at it and that video looks like the beak is coming out of the tv right at your face.
on August 22, 2011
This is not a review, but I wrote it to let you know in 'B&H Photo Video' website you can get good reviews you'll find useful.

Nevertheless, the reason why I've chosen this one over Sony HDR-TD10 is because those reviews mention that JVC's camcorder has a very good Low light performance, the most important thing for me now are indoors (for everyday family events).

To let you know,
- .MP4 (MVC) 3D format records about 275MB per minute. Format not accepted by YouTube, however JVCs included software lets you upload (converted before uploading) in Side-by-Side 3D format.
- .AVCHD (AVCHD) 3D, Side-by-Side. Accepted by YouTube.
- .MTS (AVCHD) 2D. Accepted by YouTube.

Options available are based on Quality
With internal 64GB HDD

Quality UXP: 5 h 50
Quality XP: 8 h 10 m
Quality SP: 11 h 40 m
Quality EP: 29 h 10 m

This camera records 1080i, not 1080p. No idea about 720i or 720p availability. According to CamcorderInfo website, 1080i is the only option to use, and that's what I have experienced.

- Battery last around 110 minutes

Manual settings are few:
- Brightness (-6 to +6)
- Focus
- Shutter speed (1/2 to 1/4000)
- Aperture priority (F1.2 to F5.6)
- White balance (Auto, Manual, Fine, Cloud, Halogen, Marine:Blue, Marine:Green)
- Parallax adjustment (for 3D)
review image
on July 22, 2014
It may be a good machine but it gives me headache when I watch videos using its viewfinder.
on November 27, 2012
i like this camera i like this camera i like this camera i like this camera i like this camera
good quality
I LIKE 3D
on February 19, 2014
This is my 3rd 3D recorder. The 3D video effect is great, and the monitor is also great, too 3D effect with bare eyes. Nothing to complain about this machine except the size of the camcorder. It is a little bit too big compared to SONY 3D camcorder. The video editing software comes with the machine is a little too simple. And JVC has it's unique video format that you can't use other video software to edit it. That is a little disappointment. Though if you are not too picky about editing the video clip, this is a really nice video camcorder. And I am still waiting for some new software that can be used to edit this 3D video format.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2014
At an unbeatable price you can experiment making your won 3D videos. I did add a higher capacity battery to replace the one that comes with the camera. That one has very little lasting ability. Otherwise I love the camera. It is really easy to operate - one-button recording in 3D. You can switch to 2D if you want to also. You can also look at your 3D in 2D mode. Good menu controls.