Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 7, 2011
This is the first used item I purchased via Amazon. I was happy to find that it is truly in "very good" condition and has all the features of a new one for about $100.00 less. The 40 times zoom is incredible. Of course, it is hard to hold still at full zoom without a tripod or bracing yourself or the camcorder against something solid. The
image stabilization helps, but can't stop all movement. I wanted this model camcorder because it captures in 720P rather than 1080(though files can be up-converted to 1080). The files are smaller(less than 1/2 of 1080)for storage and processing, yet provide HD impact that many won't differentiate from 1080. It will also capture in regular
quality for easy recording to a DVD. The camcorder was received quickly with everything but the Media Browser3 software. After an email to the seller, they located and sent the software soon after. I'm pleased with this vendor
as well as the camcorder.
55 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2011
Works like a charm. Lite-weight, easy to use, and can zoom in and bring your picture up close even at 100 yds. All I needed was a monopod to help steady it.
on September 24, 2012
This is a great inexpensive camcorder that can perform like the expensive ones. It is very versatile and takes great videos. the recording controls are very convenient and easy to use. I particular like that fact that it is very light and easy to hold and takes standard SD cards. On the downside, the menu buttons are hard to see, black on black and it needs a larger battery, only good for 30 min max. Much larger replacement batteries are available though at a reasonable price on the internet.
on November 30, 2011
I bought this camcorder as my first one. It.is awesome considering what I paid for it. HD is great. Zoom works very well. I would def recommend this product to others! Thank you.
on November 7, 2012
Pros:
- Easy conversion to wmv format
- Nice range of picture quality options
- Good sound quality
- Good picture quality in the higher range formats
- Uses SDHC or SDXC disks (no more video tape)
- Able to film in low light (electricity went out)
- Optional longer length battery
- Works with standard light weight tripod
- Instructions state that you can extend filming time by using the power cord (haven't tried that yet
Cons:
- Tiny buttons with tiny lables (difficult to read and need finger nails to push)
- Have to purchase the SD card separately (there is 8gb built in)

I purchased this camera because my college requires me to record certain assignments. It is neccessary that my videos are converted to wmv format. The included software makes converting very simple. We had a little power outage and the room was a bit dark with some window light. It still captured a good picture. I love that I can adjust the size of my SD disk to extend the video length. Just a note, if you are using a SD card, make sure you have the camera set to record to SD.

For my purposes, I am very pleased with my purchase.
on December 4, 2012
This video camera is SMALL! It's almost too small for my hands and I'm not a big guy at 5'7" and average weight. I actually bought it for my son and he thinks it feels great when he uses it. The camera may be small but the picture is certainly BIG and AWESOME! I nearly chose a similarly priced non-HD video camera and then I got lucky and found this one and I am so happy I did. It doesn't have the super great low-light performance of the high-dollar cameras, but for what he'll be using it for it's more than adequate. I've borrowed it a lot to use for birthday parties, indoor and outdoor events, etc. and I've been very pleased with the results. The only bad thing I can say about it is regarding the battery. JVC chose to include a rather small capacity battery with it and wants to sell you additional larger capacity batteries at a significant price. I think the battery fully charged will go for about a half hour which isn't long enough for most events. When using it around the house I use a tripod and connect the supplied charger to power the camera which works well. The included 8GB memory is much more than I need and the zoom is really good.

Overall, it's a great camera for the money.
on June 13, 2014
This is another item I lost during a home burglary. When it came time to replace it, I didn't want to change cameras. Even though this model has been discontinued, I bought it anyway. It was easy to use, easy to set, and worked every time without fail. Getting the memory card in and out of the body was easy as well.
on August 26, 2013
From the physical point of view I can only complain about the fact it is too small and light weight and this makes it quite unstable in the hand that results in shaken image. In the same idea, it is quite impossible to use the zoom in/out switch without giving the camera small shocks that become big image shakes in the footage. But maybe it's just me and in time I'll learn to move smoother :)
Then, the battery life is not very generous, everybody complains about this but for me it was enough until now.

From the software point of view, it comes with Pixela's Everio MediaBrowser CD that is ok as layout and options, and serves my purposes.

To my surprise though, the camera stores the movies in a strange format (.mts) and even you can see them in VLC media player at almost perfect quality, if you use the Everio Media Browser to make a DVD out of those .mts files, you'll see a really noticeable decrease in image quality. Actually, the most annoying thing is that the movies appear to have missing frames and any motion in the movie appears quite fragmented (jerky). This is because apparently the .mts files are recorded at 60 frames per second and the DVD output in NTSC allows only 25 f/sec so probably the rest of frames are lost. Anyway, unpleasant no matter the technical reason behind: add the jerks to the shakes and you can get sick and dizzy when watching the "productions".

It is true that there are 2 more options in the output format from Everio MediaBrowser, one being AVCHD (which appears to be camera's native format) and another one being blu-ray; I have neither the hardware to play AVCHD nor the hardware to record blu-ray to see if the quality is indeed better.

Actually, the only real perfect HD quality I can get out of this camera is when I play it through the HDMI cable directly on TV. Even playing the .mts in VLC and connecting the laptop to the TV through HDMI cable results in a bit lower quality. Finally, the lowest quality is the DVD created with the Everio software.

Another good advice would be to treat you software CD as vital and make it a backup in a safe place. If you loose it'll cost you time or money in case you want to install it again on a new computer. A workaround for this situation is here: [...] but it is neither a perfect or universal solution.
on July 3, 2011
The picture quality is excellent. The instructions are concise and easy to follow. They are the best instructions I have seen with any camera purchase.
on February 26, 2013
Overall its okay it isn't the best quality if your into doing a lot of videos i would say save your money for something better i still use it to do my videos on youtube but it isn't the greatest its okay for beginners that like filming videos.