5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, Great product, Great buy
these are exactly what I was looking for.

I read all other reviews on this product prior to purchasing and I must say that I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

Published on July 13, 2012 by amcasper27

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but doesn't last long
Sound quality is amazing for the price but these headphones aren't durable. They lasted less than 2 weeks before the wiring shorted out and I could only get sound through one headphone
Published 8 months ago by Steven Setar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, Great product, Great buy, July 13, 2012
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
these are exactly what I was looking for.

The fit: With the interchangeable inner ear pieces, I was able to select the perfect size for my ears - not too big not too small, just right. The over-the-ear hooks are incredibly comfortable and ensure that they stay perfectly in place no matter what you are doing (running, laying down, even doing jumping jacks or jump rope).

The sound: All sound that these produce I have found to be exceptionally better than all headphones I have had in the past. (now I have never owned "beats audio headphones" or anything too over the top, but I am someone who loves to listed to music and watch movies (I even sometimes record my own videos, music and songs and use these to help me edit them) I have also found that they produce clear crisp detailed sound even when on a very low volume level. Also, the fact that they go slightly into your ear allows for the sound to be richer and they even slightly cancel out other sounds (sometimes I even use them as I sleep because they muffle out background sounds and help me sleep better)

The looks: They are simple, sleek and light. They are not bold or distracting on (and are also very easily blended into my dark hair - some people don't even realize that I am using them) *keep in mind also that the hook goes behind your ear so only a little bit of the earphone is visible*

Also: These are sweat/water resistant so when you are working out and sweating or even if you are at the pool or beach (where they might get into contact with some moisture) You can put your mind at ease knowing that a few drops of water won't hurt them. I have even used them after swimming while I lay out in the sun (with my hair still wet).

Bottom Line: I am very satisfied with this product. If they ever broke or got lost, I would buy new ones,and I would recommend them to a friend. If you want a budget-friendly, above-average-sound-producing, sport-ready, water-resistant and comfortable headset that stays in place no matter what, THESE ARE IT :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 4, 2012
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
High bass and crystal clear sound. It's perfect when you are on the gymn, or running. It has a long cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars MB review, October 27, 2012
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
These ear plugs are great. Left-right separation is really good, and the ear clips keep them in place no matter what I am doing. Also, liked the extra sizes of ear plug covers that were included.

4.0 out of 5 stars These JVC's work for me., August 3, 2013
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
I have bought two pairs of these. Use them to listen to talk radio while exercising and when doing yard work. These will stay in your ears, are easy to clean, fit well and are inexpensive. If high quality music reproduction is your priority, try something else. If you want a low cost, relatively durable product at a reasonable price for rough service, give these a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, Stay put in ears during runs, Sound quality is OK, August 12, 2012
Tom C. "Tom" (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
I bought these headphones specifically for running because my current earbuds that came with my smartphone always keep falling out of my ears halfway through each run, as they become slippery from sweat. I ran with these earbuds for the first time yesterday and they stayed put in my ears without a problem and showed no signs of falling out over the course of the entire run. They felt like the may eventually hurt my ear a bit when I first put them on, but as I began to run I didn't even feel them on me (could have had something to do with me focusing on the run and not on the discomfort that could have actually been present, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the headphones). They fit comfortably into the ears and hold themselves in place very well.

The sound quality is acceptable, though I personally believe that it's nothing to really write home about. For casually listening to music on my phone when I'm not working out, I think I'd prefer to still use the Samsung earbuds that came packaged with my smartphone, but the sound quality on these headphones is just fine for running or working out, as you tend to be less picky about sound quality when you're just looking for some background music to accompany a workout.

Overall, I'm happy that I bought these, and for the price, I'd say they're definitely worth it. There's no doubt I'll be getting my fair share of use of these headphones in due time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but doesn't last long, November 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 13, 2012
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
Sounds great, doesn't slip out of my ears when I run or cycle. I would definitely recommend this set of headphones to other runners..

3.0 out of 5 stars Good running headphone, August 29, 2013
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
Headphones are great for running. They dont have the best sound quality, but I dont really care that much when I run. I'm just glad they dont transmit the wind noise. THe only thing I didn't like was when I took out the Right headphone one day, the rubber ear bud was stuck in my ear canal. It was awkward and scary when it came off the headphone and was lodged in my ear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not loud enough at all - frustrating, June 11, 2013
Alex (Ann Arbor, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
I've used these in the gym for about 4 months now. Since I travel, I got a chance to use a different pair during my trip last week... And the difference in sound level was amazing.

I was used to constantly having to shove these way into my ear canal in order to barely hear my podcasts while setting my blackberry on it's highest volume setting.

But I realized that's not how other headsets behave, just this brand and unit.

You can buy it, it's comfortable, but you won't be able to hear your news or music... Unless your device is capable of playing at 100 decibels.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Sound!, December 12, 2012
Siklootd (Santa Fe, NM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC HAEBX5B Sport Clip Headphone, Black (Electronics)
I tend to like wrap around headphones, seeing how they allow me to workout, lift objects, etc. without worrying about the earbuds falling out. So, when my pair of Sony wrap around/clip headphones died, I bought a pair of Phillips headphones that I found at my local store. Both the Sony and Phillips headphones worked great! However, when my Phillips headphones began to lose sound out of one of the earpieces, I headed out to the store in search of another pair, but my local electronics store was sold out of both Sony and Phillips headphones. I saw this pair of JVC headphones and decided to try them out. Big mistake.

The headphones are comfortable, but they have problems staying in my ear. The top of the clip is too long and tends to fall off the ear when the head is in motion for extended periods of time. The inner ear bud is also oddly shaped, and only had a slightly better fit after changing the cover to the earbuds to a smaller cap size. I could deal with owning a pair of headphones that falls out occasionally, that's not a deal-breaker, not as long as they provide an adequate sound quality. These however do not.

I purchase cheap headphones all the time, and one of the biggest bargains I ever came across was finding a pair of earbuds by Rocketfish for $9. The sound quality was amazing, something that astonished me since the price was so low and I was expecting much worse. However, this pair of JVC headphones has an absolutely abysmal sound quality. After placing the headphones on, I started to play my typical music (heavy metal) through the set and immediately noticed that the sound was off...really off. Drum tracks were barely audible, vocals sounded distant, as if being recorded through a tin can in a hollow room, and guitars lacked "crunch" and dynamics while the bass was completely absent altogether. At first I thought that perhaps I had changed sound settings on my music player, but after borrowing a different kind of headphones from a friend and trying the same song out, I realized that the JVC pair simply has terrible audio quality.

The audio sounds weak, and when attempting to turn up the volume to make up for its lack of dynamics and bass, the end result is simply a really high pitch frequency that is actually really sharp and hard on the ears, yet still hollow and empty sounding. I tried the headphones out with several different types of music: instrumental rock, alternative rock, acoustic rock, heavy metal, jazz, and even some rap, and the end result was all the same: poor frequency range distribution and complete lack of bass.

If someone is in the market for a cheap pair of headphones, look elsewhere. Rocketfish, Sony, and Phillips all make really cheap headphones that have really good sound, especially when considering the price range for the sets. This pair of JVC makes even the most lively and powerful of artists and musicians sound cold, hollow, and weak due to its poor sound registration and broadcasting. I would recommend everyone to highly avoid this product if you're a serious music listener who needs a good, crisp sound for their music.

Rate and Discover Movies