Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 16, 2012
I can understand some of the other reviewers giving this less than 5 stars because of the purpose for which they bought these headphones. I didn't need deep bass sound or volume control (although if there is a model with that feature and the same style ear bud I'd prefer that one). I have been searching high and low for in-ear ear buds that have a small enough profile that I can have both ear buds in while I am sleeping. That is, ones that have a short enough profile that they can fit comfortably in my ears, even when they are in an ear that is resting against the pillow.

I tried SleepPhones and they were good, but the full-on headband just got to be too much for me. I tried Bedphones which are ear buds that are flat but they are placed over the ear canal and suspended by a wire that wraps around the back of the ear. They are a good solution for most people, but I have small ears and they were still too cumbersome. So, I tried these and the Skullcandy Ink'd headphones. The Skullcandy ones had excellent sound but were not as comfortable as these were for sleeping with. The marshmallow, or replaceable ear pad, is a type of memory foam that is comfortable even in my small ear canal. I think that after a couple of nights of having them in, they've taken to the proper shape of my ear canal. I have small ear canals similar to another reviewer but I found that the smallest ear pad (they come with a small and a medium size set of replaceable ear pads) does work but I do have to 'screw' them in a bit to get the right fit. I've been sleeping wonderfully and with no ear pain thanks to these. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat because of their perfect size for sleeping with. Oh, and the cord is fairly long, too, which means I can situate my iPod above my pillow and the ear buds stay in even with my nighttime tossing and turning.
on November 21, 2011
Pros: substantial feel, good comfort, and two sizes of marshmallows. Works well with my iPhone4. Good list of compatibility on the package.

Cons: Like the others said, it does have a mic and a pause/skip control, it does NOT offer volume control. I'd have bought up a model if I had realized it. The control does not work with my ancient iPod, but I knew that from the packaging info.

But, so far so good. If I do buy another set with volume control, at least these make a comfortable, nice-sounding backup.

Overall "thumbs up". Four stars for comfort and decent sound for the price. Minus one star for no volume control.
on August 2, 2012
I have tried at least five different headphones over the course of last two years, ranging from earbuds, over the head, over the ear, on the ear, pretty much everything out there. Some of them sounded really good, however my problem/need was comfort, some ear buds just didn't fit in my ear canal and some over the head and over the ear starts giving pain if you have them on for over an hour.

This JVC marshmallow has (1) awesome sound quality and (2) fits perfectly and more importantnly comfortably. I have them for about a week and I wear them everyday at work while I am working sitting in fornt of the PC all day long. You hardly feel like you're wearing them, foam/rubber caps are very smooth and even at low volume I can clearly hear and enjoy both bass and song lyrics. I would recommand these if anyone is out there thinking if this would end up same as other headphones one may have bought before or this is for real... I would say just go for it and you wont be disappointed.
on June 22, 2013
I'd like to preface this review by stating that I'm not an audiophile, and I don't pretend to be. I'm a budget-oriented consumer that tends to avoid high-end kit, especially when I don't perceive any difference between that high-end kit and a sub-$20 pair of JVC Marshmallows. That said...These headphones are awesome. They deliver excellent bass and great overall sound quality at an amazing price. I've bought two or three pairs of these headphones over the years and have always recommended them to my friends. They're an excellent budget solution, and I haven't found any low-cost headphones that even come close to this level of quality.

If you're aiming to get a great pair of ear buds for less than $20, these are it. Trust me. The built-in remote is also very handy. I had to get an app to make it work with my Android phone, but now I find it indispensable.
on November 4, 2011
When looking at these, be forewarned that although they have a "remote," they do not offer volume control like the original Apple earbuds. They sound great-better than the OE Apple units, but lacking the volume control eliminates half of the functionality for me.
on December 4, 2012
the best part of these headphones are the soft ear pieces... they are incredibly comfortable.

other things i like about the headphones: the wire is not rubberized.... many other headphones i've tried have rubberized cords which "stick" or "grip" onto everything and end up yanking the cord out

The sound quality isn't up there with the $100+ headphones but it is better than average IMO.

Given that these cost around $12 they are an awesome purchase
on March 2, 2013
I love these headphones! They work amazingly well and have all the things the Apple brand ear buds have, but for way cheaper. While I don't recommend you try this, I accidentally ran these, in my jean pocket mind you, through the washing machine and dryer. Guess what? They still work 100%.
on December 12, 2012
Good headphones, good sound, is fully compatible with android devices (you can use 3rd party apps to increase its functionality), the three button version of this wont work fully, only on apple devices. Only problem is there is no clip to attach this to your shirt while youre walking and is therefore regularly being tugged neither does it wrap around the back of your neck for support, it just hangs there.
on December 7, 2011
I bought these in part because I had heard rave reviews about how comfortable they were, but this isn't the case for me. Even the smallest ear tips are too big and I can't wear them for more than 30 minutes or so. I LOVED the remote, but it stopped working after less than a month of normal use. The microphone works well though; I can talk at normal volume even in the car and the person I'm talking to hears me clearly. I'm looking for a replacement pair and will keep these in the car as a back-up.
on September 22, 2012
I had a previous pair for a year and they finally broke. I run with these and wear them while commuting. I put them through a lot and the sound is still great and audio quality of my voice on a call is top notch. Best value out there.