5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value: Great Sound Quality
Published on February 24, 2012 by Aaron K. Schwarz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but there's better for less.
Published 22 months ago by W. Lorence

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value: Great Sound Quality, February 24, 2012
My lovely girlfriend was dissatisfied with her "Apple iPod Buds" because they kept falling out of her ears when she was doing school work and other things while listening to music. I found a set of these on Bestbuy for $9, and promptly ordered them via in-store pickup: A quick demo in the car on our way to dinner... Holy Mother of Life, for under $10 these sounded absolutely fantastic! They sounded as good or better than buds that cost 5-30x more.

Sound Isolation: they have great sound isolation and include three different size ear bud inserts for different sized ears.

Sound Quality: Sharp bright highs, with rounded warm mid's and well balanced bass. I honestly have a hard time believing how good these sound for this price point. Wow

Value: The best value in audio hardware I have ever run across period.

Construction Quality: Build quality is good, but they seem light/ fragile, especially the wires. That said, for this price you could pick up a pair and still spend less then you would on other buds that have less quality audio performance.

Adding even more joy, they seller on Amazon has them for under $8 with free shipping! Wow!

My package was delayed, but a quick message to the seller resolved why, and they were very friendly and responsive.

Save your money, and try these out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best budget headphones ever!, July 23, 2012
I don't typically write reviews but I was so happy with these headphones that I simply had to share my thoughts with you all!

First of all, I have a set of Klipsch S4 headphones that I absolutely love but I didn't want to keep using them for workouts. These don't quite have the noise isolation as the S4's but they are pretty damn near! The bass on these things is amazing! And they STAY put like no other headphones I've ever owned.

If anything I would like the cord to be a bit longer but that can easily be fixed with an extension...other than that these are great headphones!

I'm sorry if I'm not very technical about my review but I'm not very acoustic savvy...I just think these things are amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweetest cheap ear buds, November 16, 2011
For $8, these are really awesome. And that's before the full break in. I am a quasi audiophile. I can appreciate the high end, but also aim for the point of diminishing return, where more cost doesn't equal an appreciable difference in sound quality. These are well below that point. The sound is balanced with great bass response and clarity for the $8 price tag. The angled ear piece allows for a nice ergonomic fit and seal. If you're looking to replace your nasty Apple factory ear buds with something better, get these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but there's better for less., March 24, 2013
W. Lorence (LaPorte, IN USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these along with 4 other pairs of <$10 headphones. These ranked 5th out of the 5. It's not that they suck, but there are better headphones available in this price range. When doing my comparison I was shocked at the sound quality of cheap headphones in general. Headphone technology has come a long way in the last 30 years, and you really can get great sound for pocket change. My suggestion is to put your ten bucks toward Panasonic RPHJE120S or iLuv iEP322BLK, or try to score some Sennheiser CX150 for another $5 if you can find them on sale like I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars They SOUND great, but will they last?, May 28, 2012
Chrispy (Chicago, Il) - See all my reviews
UPDATE 5 Months Later: Still going strong! No loose connections to either bud or 3.5mm connector. Still sound wonderful.

The sound from these earbuds is excellent. Great mids, moderate bass, warm sound. Audio-wise, these buds are an excellent deal. Has anyone else noticed that JVC seems to be making some pretty excellent sounding budget earbuds these days? Comfort-wise, you'll easily forget you're wearing these.

My problem: how are you supposed to remove these buds from the inside of your ears if not by pulling them out by the wire? I'm not positive yanking anything by a wire will really allow for a long lifespan. Alternatively, imagine if these buds had a short stem you could use to insert and remove.

Additionally, the headphone wire and rubberized coating are thin thin thin. Had JVC wanted to really improve this product, they would consider a fabric covered wire of a slightly higher thickness. The sound quality of these buds actually deserves a more robust connection.

In summary, you'll buy a terrific sounding earbud with a questionable method of entry and exit from your ear hole. Also, apparently these buds are anti-sweat- which is pretty cool in a headphone in this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding For The Money, January 26, 2013
It all boil's down to this! ..Folks you can led a horse to the water but you can't make it drink! these headphones for the money really know how to drink headroom and clean music even if you decide to take it up a audio notch. I have been a audiophile from the earlier days of Phase Liner, Acuphase, Macintosh, Crown, and Krell I've heard Wilson Audio, Mark Levinson, Modulus, Emotiva, Bolder and others which I've ether owned or listen to extensively. I do not by habit listen through buds or headphones but time has caught up with me and I don't always have the head set to listen to music as I use too, but I still have a critical ears.

No they are not high-end headphones or ear buds but for the price I have heard others for 20 times the dollars, in sound caparison, these little buds can put out sound pressure levels that are superior to others especially when you feed it with clean not distorted power. Buy them you want be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best performance/value for sub $20 earbuds, April 21, 2014
William Lau (SF Bay Area, United States) - See all my reviews
I've spent last 4+ years working on headphone/headset/earbud professionally, so I rarely write review for this type of products because of the "seen it all" mentality. This is probably the best sub-$20 value-segment earbuds on the market, beats Sony hands down. I picked up mine from Fry's for dollar-store pricing and I wasn't expecting much because it would be a throw-away type for my gym bag. The wear is comfortable and no fatigue issue for long wearing time. The sound quality is exceptional for something this cheap - energetic bass and good reproduction on the mid to high frequencies. It's certainly not your $150-$200 type of performance, but more than satisfactory, especially for the price. One thing I want to point out is the well above average workmanship on these earbuds. It's very evident that they use cost-sensitive materials but they managed to keep it looking decent. Extra plastic trim from production are trimmed/polished, so no rough edges to scratch your finger or clothes. Good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and fit, July 11, 2012
I have never been able to wear ear buds for more than a few seconds without them falling out. My ears are so small that I can't get regular ear buds in properly so they don't stay. The three different sizes for these are a great idea and the smallest size fits my ears so much better than any other ear bud I have tried! I was worried for the price that they would be cheap, fall apart, or have poor sound quality. I have had them for a little over a month now and I still really like them and love the way they sound and block out other noises. Just be careful walking/jogging near the road if you wear them ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted only a week, March 4, 2013
This review is from: JVC HAFX8A In-Ear Headphone,Riptidz (Electronics)
Both buds stopped working within a week. Probably a short in the wiring. Sound was OK while it lasted. The Panasonic RP-HJE120PPK is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT for small ears!, August 26, 2012
M. Bertini (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
I'm not a connoisseur of sound quality -- really can't tell the difference a lot of times -- but I'm happy with how they sound and they fit! They don't fall out of my ears when I'm running the treadmill, walking, etc. I have small ears and they are the first in-ear headphones I've found that really work for me.