1,131 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for the price !
After extensive researching on the web for buying a headphones I was highly confused because every headphone had one negative review for every two positive reviews.

I finally decided on this pair and decided to give it a try and my previous experience with JVC was good and they didnt disappoint.

These headphones are really good and have the same...
Published on November 14, 2008 by K4

3.0 out of 5 stars U get what you pay for
It was delivered in time and was well packaged. Physically it was better looking than in the pictures. I am a Jamaican living in Jamaica where our music is filled with deep rich bass and sharp crisp top end as a result I am disappointed with the headphone's lack of ability to produce even moderately deep bass. The top end is great crisp and sharp (the best I have heard in...
Published on May 3, 2011 by F. Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for the price !, November 14, 2008
K4 (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC HARX300 Full-Size Headphones (Black) (Electronics)

These headphones are really good and have the same quality as a old pair of Sony headphones I used to have.

The bass is good, there is no noise or distortion and all frequency ranges can be heard easily and clearly. And when wearing it and listening to music it isolates at least 90% of the noise around you. So dont plan on talking to someone when using these headphones.

The headphone is also quite comfortable, the ear seals/muffs/pads whatever you call 'em are soft and the headphone can be worn for long periods without discomfort.

They also look great in black, much better than they look like in the product description. I would highly recommend this for anybody looking for a decent pair of headphones without paying an arm and a leg for it.

My only peeve is that it doesnt have an inline volume control so I have to adjust the volume on my Laptop/Mp3 player.

Another problem some people may not like is that when the volume is set high, there is some sound leakage and people sitting close to you will hear the sound although not really loud..

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best of the four that I tried., December 1, 2009
I have tried the JVC HARX500, the Sennheiser HD 202, the JBuds J2, the Sony MDR-XD200, the Koss KSC75, and the Panasonic RP-HT21, and finally the JVC HARX500 all together. The JVC HARX500 is the most comfortable AND sounds the best, the treble and bass are perfect and I can wear these for hours without being tired. For some of the others like the Sennheiser and the Koss the treble is high pitched and whistley. The JVC also has better Bass and is more comfortable than the Sony. The Sennheiser HD202 was too high pitched and the ear cups were small and not comfortable for long periods. The only thing about the JVC is that it doesn't block outside noise that well like a set of cheap peltors would.

4.0 out of 5 stars JVC Full Size Headphone, May 30, 2008
This review is from: JVC HARX300 Full-Size Headphones (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased this headphone a month ago. Overall, it is a good value for your money.
The Good:
1. Very good build quality (solid) and quite comfort to use. Good looking too.
2. Large driver to reproduce plenty of bass.
3. Very good "Noise Cancellation" effect even it was not designed for, so it is good to use in a noisy office or airplane.
4. Very good value for your money. What do you can get for $17.00 (What I paid)?

The Not So Good:
1. Bass turn to too heavy and boomy when play certain music, need to reduce the bass level from the player.
2. Miss some of mid range of sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality for the price, August 27, 2010
Gabriel D. Vine (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I am an audio professional and bought these to use outside the studio when doing things in environments where the headphones might be damaged or stolen. Since they are cheaper, they're more expendable than my professional headphones.

Comfort:
I have worn these for up to six hours at a time and experienced ZERO discomfort. The cups are very, very soft and gentle. I was able to slightly loosen/bend the plastic band to get the tension I wanted on my ears (light).

Sound Quality:
Very impressive for the price. I find the frequency response especially flat and accurate -- no bad peaks or valleys anywhere. I can even hear aliasing on poor quality mp3s. They definitely outperform Sonys in the same price range. These are by a large margin the best under-$25 headphones I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Durability:
They seem durable enough. Certainly not a super tank or anything, but I have not had any problems.

The cord is nice and long too. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC Earphones - Great Bargain, December 25, 2008
I'm a HAM Radio operator and needed some full-size earphones at a reasonable price. These are great and have excellent frequency response. They are super comfortable and really provide a secure, sealed sound. It's hard to beat these earphones for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, May 4, 2011
The biggest thing that helped me in choosing these headphones was the reviews. I had a pair of Koss headphones for 6+ years and really liked them,but when they broke I could not find a new pair that were in my price range. I came across the JVC HA-RX500 headphones and read the reviews and ratings and quite a number of people had great things to say about them so I got them. These fit over my ears very well and are comfortable as well. The cushions are thicker on the back which helps block out a good bit of out side noise. (I am a cabinet maker and used them while using a sander and other various power tools and could still hear the music over the noise which surprised me!) For the price these are the best headphones I have every used. My cousin let me borrow a pair of Sony MDR-XD200 headphones when my Koss headphones broke and I think the JVC HA-RX500 are better in comfort and sound than the Sony ones. I hope this helps other customers in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, April 10, 2009
I bought these after my beloved Koss UR-15cs broke. I use them with my computer while I work and with my little Sansa Clip MP3 player. They aren't noise cancelling but they do a very good job of deadening the cartoons your kids are watching on TV and your spouse talking on the phone close by. ;-) They are very comfortable - not too tight on my head and I wear them with glasses - and the sound is wonderful. FYI: I sent my broken UR-15cs to Koss and while I didn't mind the company replacing them with something else (Koss doesn't make the UR-15cs anymore) it would have been nice for them to send me something comparable in their place. What they sent was basically a piece of junk just to save 4 or 5 bucks. They forever lost a customer in me. Anyway the JVCs go all the way over your ear and the ear cups pivot right and left and up and down for an optimal fit. A little more expensive - about 5 bucks more than my $20 UR-15cs - but well worth the higher price.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what we were looking for, August 6, 2013
I was looking for headphones for my tv that I could use while my girlfriend could be in the same room doing school work. I thought they would be easy to find, but I saw that many were extremely expensive. Of the more modestly priced options, one was wireless and kept emitting white noise whenever I moved my head in certain directions, and another had a cord but I could not increase the volume above a whisper. Then I found these JVC headphones. They are comfortable, perfectly loud, and a great price. I've recommended to several of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better headphones out there!, March 27, 2010
I just got my headphones. I ordered a set for myself and a friend. We got them for the explicit purpose of drowning out other sounds so everyone could have their own head space in a crowded basement. You can jam your music or listen clearly to your movie without people around you griping to turn it down (tested this. 4 feet away and my room mate could not hear my music, which was loud enough to drown out my own speaking voice in my head)

I have to say the sound quality is amazing, a nice balance of bass and treble. They are indeed a large set of headphones, but they wear lightly and comfortably, while still covering your entire ear. The cord is extremely long, so I wouldn't recommend walking with this headphones without a twist tie to keep you from tripping over your own cord.

The price is extremely attractive and you know because it's JVC it's a quality product. The headband part even has some padding like the ear covers so you won't have that sore spot on your head after extended listening sessions.

All in all, this was perfect item for my needs and I would definitely purchase again.

Comfort - *****
Sound quality - *****
Cord length - *****
Price - *****
Noise Blocking - *****

5.0 out of 5 stars You might never own a better set of headphones than this!, October 14, 2007
This review is from: JVC HARX300 Full-Size Headphones (Black) (Electronics)
These JVC headphones have the finest sound I have yet heard from any, regardless of price. I have two pair of the JVC HA-WA300RF wireless headphones and have been very happy with their sound quality. So, when I saw these (and the fantastic price) I took a chance. (the cordless format has some minor problems with RF interference, etc). The cord is fairly long (about 8ft).

The extreme low frequency bass is phenomenal! The highs are there, firmly but not stridently, midrange is there for vocalists. This has it all! You won't want to lend these to anyone. Very comfortable, too. Where have these been all my life! Get a pair now. I'm ordering my third pair.