JVC HD56FN97 56" 1080p HDILA Rear Projection TV
From the Manufacturer
Come and learn about the next evolution of DILA technology with JVC's "True 1080p" Series with over 2 Million Pixels per chip! This 3-Chip DILA design features a true 1920x1080 pixel structure that delivers resolution that rivals reality. Packed with supporting features for the most demanding digital customer like 5th Generation Digital Image Scaling Technology (D.I.S.T. 1080p) with GENESSA Picture Processing where all signals are upconverted and displayed at 1080p, a NEW Advanced Optical Iris, 5-Point Color Management, Dynamic Gamma Correction Circuitry, 2 1080p capable HDMI/HDCP Digital Inputs, Dual IEEE1394 Connectivity, 2 HD Component Inputs and features geared to make your Standard Definition sources perform better, like Mosquito Noise Suppression, MPEG Noise Reduction Circuity, a 3D Y/C Comb Filter with Cross Color Elimination and Digital Noise Suppression. With all of these features built in it is no wonder that JVC delivers the most technologically advanced and superior 1080p micro-display televisions available today.
The HD-ILA Advantage
True 1080p Over 2 Million Pixels Per Chip: 3 chips are better than one. With HD-ILA and a 3 chip design consumers are getting the highest resolution available. Each DILA chip has 1920x1080 resolution or true 1080p, that equates to over 2 million pixels per chip or over 6 million pixels in each set.
Advanced Super Cinema Mode: By using an iris, it is possible to regulate the amount of light from the projection lamp which goes into the light engine of the HD-ILA. For 06, the 1080P HD-ILA displays have an improved Advanced Super Cinema Mode which links the iris to JVCs exclusive Genessa single-chip picture computer. The Genessa processor analyzes the picture and adjusts the iris for the best picture. This creates many benefits:
- The contrast ratio is increased to better than 10,000:1.
- Black levels are improved significantly (The HD-ILA can create a "blacker" black).
- Provides more accurate gradation of shades in shadow areas/dark scenes.
- Makes it possible to optimize the HD-ILA for best picture under a wider range of room lighting conditions.
Genessa - JVC's Exclusive 5th Generation D.I.S.T.:
The challenge to television display engineers these days is in making even the oldest and the poorest quality sources appear glorious on big screen HDTV's. JVC engineers answer to that call was to develop a picture processing technology that would not only deliver the advantages of HD resolution, but also one that would create natural looking images with remarkable detail, pure color reproduction and precision focus no matter what the source. The result is JVC's 5th Generation Digital Image Scaling Technology, D.I.S.T. with GENESSA.
Our newest GENESSA Chip detects and seamlessly up-scales all SD sources (480i and 480p) and all HD sources (720p or 1080i) and displays at 720p or 1080p. This customized upscaling insures that no matter what the original video source, the images will look as sharp, bright and smooth as intended.
D.I.S.T. combines all of our core image preprocessing, noise reducing and color management technologies into one communication unit within the GENESSA chip. GENESSA is the industries first CPU dedicated to such image processing and its accelerated 32bit "turbo" powered picture processing provides for both super fast sampling and more efficient communication between the technologies that comprise the D.I.S.T. engine.
Because all of our core technologies are able to work together and faster, JVC TVs yield incredibly fast calculations that translate to a smoother picture and a better resolution image.
5-point Color Management:
JVC's Exclusive 5 Point Color Managment employs a pin-point sampling process of the four colors:
- green - In order for greens to be their purest and to look natural, yellows often need to be toned down.
- yellow - CMS softens yellows so that they look silky and smooth without giving skin tones a darkened.
- red - In order for reds and magentas to appear as vivid as possible, CMS samples these areas and tones down blues within that range.
- blue - CMS samples blue areas of images and tones down the greens to avoid being influenced by greens.
- fleshtones- Samples flesh tones so they appear warm and natural.
D6500K Theater Pro: When the video editors convert films to DVD, or other video sources, the color temperature standard they use for their equipment is D6500K which is the equivalent or average color temperature of natural daylight. In transition to DVD, this color temperature can be lost but with our exclusive D6500K calibrating circuit, a press of the button can bring the original warm look and feel back to any video source.
Multi Screen Features: Every HD-ILA television is widescreen which is perfect for viewing movies in their original format, but it also allows for some other convenient multi screen features as well. Twin mode lets you view two programs in same size windows side by side on the screen.
Index lets you search what is on by scanning the programs consecutively in 12 separate windows. Once you see the program that you want to watch, press the SELECT button on your remote control to go to that channel.
Each '06 1080P HD-ILA is ready for the latest technology with two HDMI inputs that can accept a 1080P input. This is the highest resolution HD signal that is available. This makes JVC HD-ILA the perfect choice for seeing the best possible picture from your Blu-ray disc player as well as future HD-DVD players and game consoles.
In addition, HDMI is the perfect all-digital connection for D-VHS high definition VCRs as well as upconverting DVD players and recorders with an HDMI output. A JVC 1080P HD-ILA is a perfect solution for any source.
Standard Inputs: No matter which model you choose,every HD-ILA model is substantially equipped with the inputs and outputs you need to connect your current components as well as any you may need in the future. Standard on every 1080P FN&FH Series HD-ILA model are the following connections:
- Two (2) 1080P Compatible HDMI digital inputs w/HDCP
- Two (2) HD auto sensing Component Video Inputs for satellite set top box or DVD player
- D-Sub 15 Pin PC Input
- Two (2) S-Video Inputs for cable or S-VHS connections
- Four (4) AV inputs for all Composite Video connections (3 rear/1 side)
- One (1) Smart Input for AV receiver connections
- One (1) RS-232C Interface (FH Series Only)
- A Center Channel Input for the TV to act as the center speaker in a surround sound system
- Fixed/Variable Audio Output with TV Speaker on and off
- i.LINK (iEEE1394) for connecting to i.LINK compatible components
- An Optical Audio Output
- A Digital CableCARD slot