5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal
Published 21 months ago by AfflictedEdge

2.0 out of 5 stars on the fritz 9 months later.
started out fine, but now it's not working (will not stay on for more than a few seconds) ... 9 months later (with pretty light use)! I'll be calling the service dept. soon. Hope they are responsive.

Published 14 months ago by Mary E. Paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, February 6, 2013
This review is from: JVC JLE47BC3500 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
So I chose super saver shipping and still received this bad-boy in one business day. That's impressive. I see what amazon is trying to do to beat the competition online. And they are doing a great job in this respect. I bought this TV for 529.00. TV retail is around 800.00. Got the TV setup and tuned to my liking and I can honestly say I would have payed 800.00. The edge lit led Picture is above average, I'd give it a 8 out of 10. Not a lot of noticeable light bleed on the corners or on the screen when just a black screen is present. Very little in fact. And the back-lighting is very even (not blotchy) for an edge lit led TV. Set it up right and colors are true and vivid and the picture very clear/detailed. Very easy to setup and adjust. Now this TV is 120Hz. Which isn't bad, not the best for sports but one thing I do like, is when this TV picture (smoothing) technology is engaged, there are no hovering artifacts around fast moving objects within the picture. Which a lot of LCD/LED TV's have at a refresh rate of 120 to 240Hz with their picture smoothing technologies engaged. I rate the sound on this TV 10 out of 10 for being a slim led HDTV at this price range. The speakers are forward facing and sound great. Engage the XinemaSound 3D acoustic and post processing technology for best sound. Living in an apartment, with this TV I have no need or want for a soundbar or surround sound. This TV's sound is plenty. Enough bass and overall again, the sound for this price range of TV is awesome. The TV stand was easy to put together and is sturdy. Everything is easy to get to and use on the TV. The remote is boring but works well and serves it's purpose. This TV has no smart features, wifi,browsers, streaming apps, ect ect and only two HDMI ports. I wish it had one more HDMI port but I could care less about the over stuff you pay hundreds more for on "smart HDTV's". Overall if I had bought the TV for 800 I'd rate it 8.5 out of 10. For the price I paid, 9.5 out of 10. Great buy here on Amazon.

I'm going to go the extra mile and post Calibration settings that work well with this TV. With a few adjustments, you can calibrate the JVC BlackCrystal JLE47BC3500 to match HDTV industry standards as I did. Beneath this section is a table showing the factory settings and my calibration using several standardized tests provided by DisplayMate software.

Setting Default/ Calibrated
Backlight 80/ 100
Contrast 50/ 42
Brightness 50/ 50
Color 60/ 46
Tint 0/ 0
Sharpness 10/ 5
Color Temp. Natural/ Cool

Now peoples eyes are different. So you will need to adjust to what you like. These settings should be a great start though. Now when it comes to the Dynamic Contrast and Vivid color systems on this JVC, that is also your preference. My advice, is to have these either turned off completely, or set to a low to medium setting. Anything above that and yes colors pop, but look over done and unnatural. I hope my review helped! This is an awesome TV for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon!, January 31, 2013
I first seen this TV last year around thanksgiving on a "shopping channel" for 699.95 with six "easy payments". I debated back and forth about making the purchase and waited too long as the shopping channel took away one of the easy payments and raised the price, and was charging almost 30 dollars extra to ship. So I decided to dig my heels in and wait for them to put it on sale again around Christmas, well it never happened, New Years, price never moved. Then last week I am cruising Amazon.com and I find the EXACT TV on sale for 529.00 and free shipping (Super Bowl sale). I couldn't pull the CC out of my wallet fast enough and placed the order, and within 24 hours UPS is arriving at my door with the TV! Did I say I checked the free super saver shipping and it still arrived at my house in one day! The TV is perfect, sound quality and color are great, the only thing I found weird was when setting the TV up and adjusting color and other settings to my liking I found the volume would be great while watching something but as soon as it went to commercial the volume would blow you off the couch. This TV has an audio channel where you can use the factory presets or make adjustments, I tried everything but the volume when going to commercial was very loud. For some reason JVC put some other AUDIO controls under the picture setting controls and its under a sub-button called "advanced picture" click on it and you will find a button for Noise reduction and you can set it low-med -high. Set it to high and it will control the very large difference in volume between TV shows and commercials. Go figure. Other than that this is a really nice TV at a really nice price and free shipping to boot. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tv, February 4, 2013
I have owned three tv's (this is my second JVC)and it is a definite step ahead of any previous set I've owned. I'm very pleased with the ease of setup (3 minutes from box to TV stand)! The picture size is the factor weighing the most in my decision to purchase this product-I have issues with my eyes-and I'm not regretting buying it at all. The 3D sound wasn't for me, but I had it all customized in minutes and haven't had to tweak anything. Kudos

4.0 out of 5 stars A T.V. with sound in the front, June 7, 2013
We looked at the T.V.'s in stores and some on line. In our area there are only a couple stores to go to. There is a lot of choices on-line and you can spend a lot of money. We wanted a simple but nice T.V. We watch T.V. occasionally and mainly taped shows, movies, and sports. We didn't want a Smart T.V. because we didn't want to battle with the kids about turning the T.V. into a play station. They have already figured out how to plug the lap top into the T.V. if they want a bigger screen than the computer for games but they have only done that a couple times. The biggest feature for us was the fact it has a soundbar built into the front. My husband needed to turn off the 3D option to make the lower volume clear. After he did this the T.V. sounds great. Great picture and love the size for movies and sports.

5.0 out of 5 stars TV., February 18, 2013
Thin, light weight, reasonable price. The JVC brand is a great brand, I have had no problems in the past and was happy to buy a new one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, good quality, April 18, 2013
Pros: Price for this picture quality. Very satisfy paying $530 for the size and the picture quality.
Cons: This isn't really a real "cons." The 3D surround audio is very nice when watching TV, but was bad when playing video games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet TV, March 26, 2013
Sounds good, very nice looking, super thin, and has a great picture when you set it up right (i didn't like it for a couple days until i figured everything out). Only has two hdmi's.

2.0 out of 5 stars on the fritz 9 months later., September 25, 2013

2 days later: I have called, gone through the checklist with the CSR, scanned my receipt to the customer service dept. and am now waiting up to 3-5 business days for a repairman to schedule an appointment to come take a look. I may be removing another star if they don't call back soon.*

------------

* The service company did come out a week later and replaced an electronic board ... has been working fine for the past 6 months. I still wish I didn't have to go through this process so much. I guess nothing is made to last these days. It sure takes time to get everything fixed. I guess I should be grateful it is fixed. That is the new normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS JVC 47" TV!!!!, March 29, 2013
I am very happy with my JVC 47" television! I've had it just under a month and it is working wonderfully and met all of my expectations! I too saw this tv on another website (Q..) and after doing some extensive research, I found it here on Amazon for much less and free shipping. The reviews here on Amazon were also very helpful in making the decision to purchase the JVC. It would be awesome if Amazon had a monthly billing program for larger purchases, but the price was so afordable and an absolute deal that I could not refuse. Price is higher now, so if you are on the edge, you better get it before the great ratings make the price go even higher. Great size for my master bedroom and there was a screw driver in the box! I am super thrilled (can't you tell). Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 18, 2013
Packaging was excellent and it arrived on time. Easy set up and I programed the picture quality to a previous reviewer's recommendation. Nice colors and you can set it standard, panoramic, wide screen, etc. Love the volume and surround sound. Perfect for my noisy home Gym equipment area. Screen large enough to easily be viewed by every angle of the room. No complaints yet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›