5.0 out of 5 stars Bang for the buck, November 8, 2007
This review is from: JVC KD-G430 - Radio / CD / MP3 player - Full-DIN - in-dash - 50 Watts x 4 (Electronics)
My factory installed car stereo had died not long ago and as a driver who drives over two hours a day to commute, I needed to get the new car stereo. After researching some products within affordable price range, I decided to get this unit for my Nissan.
This slick and sweet looking JVS car stereo came with very impressive performance and functions to make his new owner happy.

First, although my dead factory installed old system had more powerful and rich sound, this JVC G430 came with a very clean and crisp sound quality.
Additionally, I noticed that I could easily distinguish left and right channel of the stereo sound unlike my old system. Thus it made me feel like I was listening true stereo sound.
Even when I played MP3 and WMA music files, this JVC generated wonderful quality sound.
I don't like any factory set EQ for different kind of musics and I didn't like settings from JVC, either.
However, when I made my own custom sound setting with 3 band EQ on this system, it created superb sound quality that I really like.
It came with the super-bass feature that you can adjust when you set up your own sound setting and it worked really well with my no-amp sub woofer that my car had. My car started shaking when I increased the volume.

Second, this sweet stereo system has equiped with some nice features such as auto dimming, nice wireless remote controller, one touch music selection button, scrolling test display, front AUX input, detacheble faceplate, fold-down front panel , satellite radio ready, and external amplifier & sub woofer outputs. You even can name the radion station if you want to identify what kind of music each radio station plays such as jazz, classical, pop, rock, or etc by yourself !
When you play MP3 or WMA files with ID Tag, it scroll the song title and the name of the artist nicely through its display window.

This system is a bang for the buck.
My fist car stereo system I bought long time ago was also JVC and I liked it a lot. This system didn't disappoint me as its ancester didn't.

NOTE : You need to get the right wire harness for your car if you want to install it by yourself. I installed it by myself with the right harness and it was very easy to install.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected...., January 23, 2009
Bought almost a year ago,and still kicking.
Before this deck,I had a way more expensive one,that didnt have the kick that this one has...
I was pleasently surprised...
As for the remote...Uhh,its really small...Really small.
Hense the 4 stars...
Definately a great deck,for the price...

4.0 out of 5 stars worked great, July 2, 2008
i originally put this stereo in ford focus in which i also have a mtx sound system while driving and listening at moderate levels it worked great but if i turned it up the cd player would begin to skip so i went ahead and put it in my 2002 ford explorer and haven't had a problem at all. so all in all i would say this is a great entry level stereo works great with factory speakers sounds alot better than the factory stereo any day. and i have recomended this stereo and would again

Rate and Discover Movies