Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Old Bluetooth Receiver|Color: Old version|Change
Price:$178.42

on April 16, 2014
After installation, everything appeared to work except CD Player function. When inserting CD, unit would draw in the CD, then appear to loose power (all lighting on display would flash off for a couple of seconds before restoring). Contacted JVC techs who determined unit was defective. Ordered replacement which exhibited the same identical strange problem. Contacted JVC again who stated that I must have received another defective unit (even though they showed no history of this type of issue). Finding it too hard to accept that I had gotten two units in a row with the same identical problem, I proceeded to troubleshoot as a power issue. Turned out to be the fuse size for the MEMORY lead(yellow) was too small. This lead was fused at 0.5 amps for older radio that this one was to replace. This should have been more than sufficient to keep the memory active (clock time, presets,etc) when turning off the ignition. I contacted JVC again to let them know what I had found and to find out what the recommended fuse sizes were for the main ignition power lead and for this memory backup lead since they were not given in the manual. Neither the person contacted nor their 2nd level support could tell me or admitted to be able to find out from anyone within their company. They said a professional installer would know had I used one. I could not convince them that no one but the manufacturer of the unit could possibly know that information and they should be the ones to supply it. I never cease to be amazed by the lack of basic knowledge and common sense that people have these days.
Long story short, I replaced the 0.5 amp fuse with a 3.0 amp (still small enough to protect existing wiring) and everything works as it should. Even though JVC verified that the MEMORY lead should only be supplying power to keep memory active, it obviously serves some function for the CD player as well. If you happen to purchase this unit and exhibit similar issues, check fuse sizes. But don't depend on JVC "techs" to be very knowledgeable.
on January 2, 2014
1st of all--It is NOT 'Bluetooth Ready'. It is bluetooth capable, IF you spend another $70+ on an additional device JVC KS-BTA200. Since this is the purpose for my purchase, this is the huge disappointment when it arrived, and only then was it clear on the box that the description was very inaccurate. The other issue i have is that the plastic looks and feels so cheap and delicate that im afraid to push the buttons. If you havnt heard this before--BUYER BEWARE!!! Which is why I hate buying online. Now I have to go through the ordeal of returning and wasting an hour of life
55 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2013
Bought this radio for my 2006 Toyota Corolla. Installed it myself (I'm a girl) using a wiring harness, an after market dash kit, and some electrical tape after watching one youtube video. It was very simple. The radio itself is perfect. My favorite feature is that it has an option to dim the display, which I keep it on all the time. As far as driving at night the radio is not so bright its a distraction. My only (VERY small) complaint is that as soon as I plug my iPhone 4s into the USB cord it begins to play the first song listed in my iTunes music list. I wish it kept playing whatever I had selected (radio/CD/etc) instead of instantly changing. USB cord also charges the iPhone (added bonus) which I had no idea it would do b/c my last radio was original radio in the car.
33 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2014
The fact that this is listed as Bluetooth should not be allowed because it really isn't. You need to buy another adapter to make it work with bluetooth. It also would not work with my iphone 5 through usb. This was immensely disappointing and WOULD NOT recommend getting this. There are much better for not much more money that are fully bluetooth capable.
on September 24, 2013
Easy to install and went thru the manual while learning to use the radio.
Need the manual to figure out all the cool stuff this radio can do.
The only negative is that it doesn't illuminate at night when then headlights are turned on if the radio is off.
It does illuminate when turned on.
I have to feel around to find the power button or turn on the interior light to see it.
Other than that, the EQ settings are really convenient and actually sounds really good.
You can easily and quickly change EQ settings with just a glance.
Easy to scroll thru Menu. But, I challenge you to set the time without the manual.
on July 14, 2014
I bought this because it said it was Bluetooth ready. It is not in my opinion. It requires a 70$ optional Bluetooth device. Very misleading.
on June 25, 2013
97 Ford Expedition - For a simple upgrade this unit turned out perfectly. Out with the factory & N wit the New. This Unit is a great value for the buck. It has the necessary components I need to rock the turf once again!! CD functions as usual providing Mp3, WMA, CDR & CDRW formats. Aux is perfect considering you have a 3mm male-male connection to hook to your Ipod or phone. I basically use my EVO 4G LTE with 32gb of storage space to accomadate all the music titles with no worries of dragging around a car load of CD's - Just Perfect!! The USB port is another great option for playing content. Multiple EQ choices generate the perfect audio/sub clearity for the enthusist.. Overall - Love this product and made it to the house the next day. Great price, product and company..
on June 21, 2014
I was totally pissed when I realized I needed an adapter to use bluetooth. It should clearly state in the description that you need an adapter in order to use bluetooth.
on July 21, 2014
Well, since I am an engineer, I took my time, read the manual, made sure all the connections were correct, hooked it up and it lit up and worked - for the first 2 times. After that, no power on. Checked all connections, made sure power was to the connection plug, and still no joy.
Since there is and was a lot of time and effort involved in the install, to have it fail after 2 power on tries is more than a bit frustrating. I will be taking the unit to a local JVC repair shop on 7/22. If that does not resolve the issue, this review will be lowered.
on March 9, 2014
I like the unit. Love that I can change the display colors to match the car. What is not that good is that I can't longer received the FM stations that I was able to received with the factory radio. In general radio reception drops at least 80%.

Update: After several months with the unit, the unit works good, connects to Pandora and plays music on the phone using the USB port flawlessly (iPhone). The radio reception has improved a little bit after I change the antenna connector. Now I can received at least 85% of the radio stations without noise. The other 15% is noisy or weak.