5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones!
Published on July 11, 2007 by A. Cheffy

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible! Don't Be Misled!
I was looking for a pair of inexpensive headphones that had a five star rating. From the glowing reviews on the sound quality, I figured this was a good buy. I normally don't spend less than twenty dollars on headphones, but I decided to take a chance here--something I shouldn't have done.

The headphones seemed to be good quality in the picture, but in real...
Published on October 18, 2007 by Danielle Greenhouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible! Don't Be Misled!, October 18, 2007
This review is from: JVC Lightweight Headphone with Volume Control (Silver) (Electronics)

The headphones seemed to be good quality in the picture, but in real life they are made of a cheap, flimsy plastic. They look like they would easily break even with normal use. The earpads are paper thin and rough. They probably would have to be replaced within a month, if not sooner. Also, something that surprised me, is how small the headband is. I had to put the headband on its largest setting and it barely fit. Most of the time with headband earphones, I have to put it on one of the smaller settings. I doubt these headphones would fit the vast majority of adults. It seems like these were made for a child or something.

The biggest disappointment, though, is the sound quality. I was expecting the sound quality was pretty good from the other reviews. That is not the case at all. The sound is absolutely terrible! There's no bass, and music sounds very tinny. I'm not sure why the other reviewers thought they sounded fantastic. All I know is that I definitely received the headphones pictured here. If you're looking for cheap headphones and don't care what they sound like, you'll probably be happy with these (though you can get BETTER sounding headphones that are cheaper). But if you want inexpensive headphones that are made well and that sound halfway decent, I would look elsewhere.

Things did end well, though. My daughter wanted headphones for her Leappad, but we couldn't never find any that were small enough. These fit her perfectly, so luckily we did find a use for them. She doesn't care what they sound like, and it doesn't matter anyway, because her Leappad isn't in stereo. So, if you're looking for headphones that would fit a young child, I would recommend these. Other than that, I would definitely keep looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones!, July 11, 2007
I bought one each in red, blue and silver for my daughter, hubby and I and the stereo sound quality is excellent! I often use my headphones on my laptop if I want to watch a different movie than what is playing on the main 'family' TV and the sound is actually better on my old laptop with these headphones than without them (with the extra sound boost). Great product and my whole family loves these.

Also, being able to fold these for storage is nice and they fold very easily and flip back out again easily too. I also like the adjustable sizing feature and we all have different sized heads and they fit each of our individual craniums perfectly (even my hubby's big head lol).
~

Update July 5th, 2009:

These headphones are still working great, no worn out ear-pads [I can't imagine the ear-pad foam even falling apart unless you're a full-on slob, these still survived my HUSBAND--ahem] and I forgot to mention that these can plug right into my little mp3 player in the same 'ear-bud' jack as well.

Of course, these aren't going to sound like a 500$$ pair of uber hoity-toity ear-phones but the sound [imho] is fine by me when just listening to a movie/music on my laptop or music on my mp3 player.

YEP. STILL HAPPY with my purchase! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for a low price..., November 6, 2007
I purchased these headphones mainly to do medical transcription because it has a separate volume control, but found they are also great for listening to music (especially if you want to drown out annoying videogame sounds!!). I was amazed at how great the sound quality was for such a cheap price. I highly recommend them for business or personal use. Be sure you check out all the different color options!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift for my husband, January 17, 2008
I bought this as a christmas gift for my husband and he was really pleased with it. He does a radio show on Saturdays and he uses these headphones. He asked for headphones that had volume control. The price was right because he doesn't need the expensive ones. Also being compact and lightweight works because he has to pack his equipment. Great buy and it made him happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't try to move!, December 1, 2007
I purchased these because of the inline volume control which works as described. The sound is fine too. The headphones are only good if you are not moving your head or body. They are light and kinda flimsy and keep slipping around when I move. I use earphones for outside gardening and walking and working where I don't want to disturb others and these just don't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Portable Headphones I've Ever Used, September 11, 2007
W O W .

These are the finest portable headphones it's ever been my pleasure to clap over my ears. The sound is amazing. I tried it out initially on Rob Zombie's "More Human Than Human" and discovered that there are actual intelligible lyrics associated with the song. The next try-it-out piece was from "The Lion in Winter" soundtrack, and I was equally surprised to learn that what I had always thought was an ethereal background la-la-la from the women's choir was, in fact, a mixed chorus whose phonemes are pure. Sound barely leaks from them to disturb the people next to you (like I care, but that's a consideration in an office).

The little thumbwheel volume thingy is surprisingly controllable--more so than the sliders I've been accustomed to.

The headband is indeed a little fragile, I'll give 'em that. But... but they fold up so eentsy! As long as you don't store them in the pocket of jeans that are a size too small, I can't see that it would be a problem. Plus, if you do bust them to flinders, they're only ten bucks a pair. What's not to like?

'Scuse me, Poulenc's Organ Concerto is calling...

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk Tin Cans, February 24, 2009
TRW (San Bernardino, Ca.) - See all my reviews
For the life of me I don't know how these headphones got a 4 star rating. These headphones might be great for kids, someone that listens to talk shows only or someone that has absolutely NO ear for quality sound. They are by far the most tinny sounding headphones that I have ever heard. If you are looking for a good quality sounding headphone with good base for music, than DON'T BUY THESE. You might as well put 2 tin cans against your ears with a string attached and plug it in.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice "non-earbud" headphones, October 10, 2011
For those people in the world who do not want to damage their hearing quite as quickly as others, these headphones offer a great alternative. There is handy volume adjustment on the cord. All of that said, we are not talking state of the art sound. I am no sound expert, so these headphones deliver great sound for my untrained ear.