Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JVC MXG50 Compact Stereo System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 6, 2001
In the military exchange where I purchased this system, I asked the audio salesman which system he personally sounded the best. He pointed out this JVC model and an AIWA surround system that cost twice as much. Listening to both of them side-by-side left little doubt which was the better value.
Reaction of people that hear it for the first time in our home: dropped jaw.
Get this system. Easily the best dollar value out there.
on June 17, 2001
Well, what can I say. This system is amazing. It is perfect for any room, and has a good amount of power. At 240 watts, it is loud enough for pretty much anyones taste, while not having un-required power which drains money. It looks much better in real life than in the picture, and the subwoofers on the side are cool looking, and they work perfectly. If you are looking for a system with a good amount of power, that looks cool and doesn't cost much for the quality, buy this one.
on January 10, 2002
This stereo is awsome. I got it for Christmas and I had it set up in no time. In my room, it shakes the walls and the door. Not only are the subwoofers incredible, but also the sound is crystal clear. Some of the features include sepratly controled subwoofer volune, a three CD changer, 2 cassete decks, 30 FM preset stations, and 15 AM preset stations. You can also play both burnable CD's. Tape features include CD synchro recording, dubbing, and full-logic control. There are also 6 different sound modes: D- Club: increases bass and treble, stadium: spreads sound out like an outdoor stadium, hall: adds depth and richness to the music, rock: good for rock music, pop: good for pop music, and classic; good for clasical music.
Recomendations: Dont have the subwoofers on vulume 4 while the regular volume is on or past 15 (I don't think it is good for the subwoofers.)
If your looking for a stereo that has good sound, good features, and is perfect for bedrooms (that's where I have mine,) look no further than this one.
on January 21, 2002
The lights, the amazing sound, and the simplicity of the controls make this a fantastic stereo. My bedroom has turned into a dance club as the walls and windows shake with every beat. My mom looked and researched for months before buying the JVC MXG50 which was also rated a best buy in a popular Consumer magazine. I had a much more expensive stereo in my room until the cd player started to act up. No comparison to the JVC MXG50!
I just love it!
on December 26, 2001
I got this for christmas. Setup was a breeze. The bass in the unit is awesome, but sometimes overpowering. The sound is crystal clear and the optical jack is useful for owners of a minidisc recorder or other such device. The AUX inputs are useful for game systems or DVD player. The speakers are a tad bit bulky, but expected. I enjoy this unit and would recommend it to any music lover.
on June 20, 2001
This sound system comes with heaps of base, and the subwoffers are very effective. Great quality! Great price! Great Sound!
You'd better nail everything down cause when this thang gets to thumpin and bumpin you'll be listenin to it everyday.Any one who likes tons of bass with no distortion the MX-G50 is the one for you.The bass is powered by 6 in. Twin Hyper Power-Drive bi-amplified Subwoofers with 4 levels.Them Subs can hit some low frequencys that youve never heard before.If you live in an apartment youd better have the volume at a minimum(The Extended Super Bass really gets bumpin on this system) because those Subwoofers will rattle the walls,windows,furniture,plus your neighbors wont like you anymore.When I first got mine i was so happy. I asked the store clerk which stereo would be a better buy and better quality.He picked out the MX-G50 and the JVC Giga Tube MX-GT90.I listened to them both and they both were really good.I picked the MX-G50(mostly cause the Giga Tube MX-GT90 cost $400).When I got home it was a bit cloudy. I cranked this sucker up and the bass was outstanding. For a minute i thought it was thundering outside(since it was raining cats and dogs).The surround sound modes are really effective.If you like clean crystal clear sound or if youre a big bass fan(like me)then i advise you to get out there and buy this thing before your co-worker or your classmate gets it before you do!! P.S Dont put anything near the stereo like combs,the remote,cards,paper,flashlights,etc because the Subwoofers will bump it right off with that bass.(no joke)I put my flashlight on the speaker and the bass bumped it right off and it broke.(not kidding)
on June 2, 2002
I love this stero!!! The sound is so full and rich, there is no crackling on these 240 watts and 2 subwoofers. I have never heard anything sound so awesome for what I paid for. It is definatley a good investment, you will get your money's worth.
on May 19, 2001
One of the best in its category. Perfect Sound Machine for all music lovers. Most elegant design, powerful sound, quality product in all aspects. Do check out this product before your neighbour does.
on March 8, 2015
The sound is great, no doubt, but the real issue here is the reveiver. The Tape decks stopped working on day 4, and the CD player on day 6. I dumped the unit, but I still use the speakers on a Sony receiver today. The speakers are one of JVC's finest products. See if you can get these speakers and pair them with another unit. Here's the model #: (SP-MXG50). Great Deal!!!