4.0 out of 5 stars A Step Forward in Pocket HD Video
Nifty little camera. I've played with it for two days.
The Pros:
1. Really decent performance in low light/ indoors/ darker environments.
2. Image stabilization that other pocket video cameras don't have.
3. Really, really fun time-lapse function at 3 different speed settings.
4. Very innovative software for editing stored internally in camera...
Published on September 10, 2010 by David Bowen

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Cheaply Made - Broke within first 3 weeks
This product is sold as a pocket camcorder, but don't plan on actually using it for too long before you risk cracking the screen. I put a lot of research into the decision to buy this model, I liked it right out of the box so I invested in a few memory cards and a thick neoprene carry case to keep it well protected.

I pulled it out of the case this past...
Published on August 8, 2011 by Minicent

4.0 out of 5 stars A Step Forward in Pocket HD Video, September 10, 2010
Nifty little camera. I've played with it for two days.
The Pros:
1. Really decent performance in low light/ indoors/ darker environments.
2. Image stabilization that other pocket video cameras don't have.
3. Really, really fun time-lapse function at 3 different speed settings.
4. Very innovative software for editing stored internally in camera memory. Lots of novel effects.
5. Ability to shoot multiple still photographs in succession by simply pressing down and holding shutter button. Decent quality.

The Cons:
1. AC adapter is optional and I can't find out where I can purchase one. Essential for time-lapse photography at the longest/ slowest setting. I fully charged the battery and only captured 2 full seconds of time-lapse footage over an hour before the battery was fully drained. Not sure about battery performance when shooting in standard mode.
2. Sound on this model is recorded in mono, NOT stereo. If I knew this in advance of purchase, I would have purchased the water-proof model (JVC Picsio GC-WP10), which not only captures audio in stereo, but also records audio mp3 files. The perfect combination to smuggle into your favorite concert.
Overall, pleased. Better video quality than my Vadio. More features. Nice touch screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Cheaply Made - Broke within first 3 weeks, August 8, 2011

I pulled it out of the case this past weekend to film my daughter's race and was completely shocked to see a slight crack down the entire center of the 3" screen. Since this is a touch screen, I could not work around the crack, the recording button was working only randomly. I was hoping it was just a cosmetic problem that I could live with, but unfortunately it will not function properly and most of the menu buttons do not work at all.

What I have learned is that this PICSIO FM2 is ridiculously flimsy and more fragile than any personal GPS or phone I have ever owned. I have invested in many electronic devices over my 45+ years and I treat them with care and respect. There was no dropping, impact, neglect or abuse of any kind to this product - I realize accidents can happen and I would not feel this upset if I thought I caused the crack in any way, but not in this case. I researched the replacement touch screen on JVC's site and the cost for the part alone is nearly 1/2 of the camera itself ($76 plus shipping for just the screen!).

I spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone with JVC Customer Support today and received no consideration or satisfaction whatsoever. I realize a broken screen falls into instant 'NO WARRANTY' category so I asked JVC if they could at least extend me some sort of courtesy discount to purchase the part and that was very quickly rejected. My request to speak with a supervisor was ignored as I was left on hold for 20 minutes without the courtesy of anyone even picking up during my wait, so I eventually hung up in disgust.

I could not be more disappointed with the poor quality of this camcorder and I am angry at the lack of cooperation on the part of the manufacturer. I learned my lesson about JVC the hard way and will never buy another of their products. I work for a Golf GPS company and our reputation is built based on the way we stand behind our products when something goes wrong within the first 3 weeks (since usually that signals a weakness or problem).

I hope this review is helpful to anyone considering the purchase of a JVC camcorder, it is subject to unexpected breakage without reasonable cause and there are no options for repair or replacement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hand-y video camera, has its limitations, November 22, 2010
Overall, a good handheld camera that does what it is intended for, takes relatively close-range, controlled-environment footage. If you are out and about and want to film your immediate environment, I like the size, quality, function, and screen. But if you are in a new place and are trying to capture it all - far away, different lighting situations, etc. - make sure you have another camera on you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the $$$, February 11, 2011
I bought this at a great price and found that I take it with me wherever I go. Takes nice HD video. Plugs in to a tv via hdmi mini cable (optional) and the videos look great. Easy to hold and the audio isnt too bad. Has lots of useful features.

1.0 out of 5 stars Camera OK, software awful, December 21, 2012
Rudy (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my wife as a gift. The camera takes decent pictures, but the software that came with it is downright awful. Not at all intuitive and very difficult to figure out how to save and edit photos. Don't waste your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price that I paid for, July 3, 2011
JJ "DIY" (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
The video quality is fine, not great, without zoom in. The video is grainy when zoom in. The picture quality is worse than a cellphone. I think it's just OK for the low price that I paid for after rebate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Has good and bad points., May 20, 2011
Its fun to use but the upload time to sites like youtube is soooo long. Not the cameras fault but it certainly takes some of the usefulness away. The touch screen sucks ass and I have no clue why every manufacturer seems to be going this route. Sound quality is iffy as well. Im pretty sure this was a consumer reports best buy too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Picture and Sound Quality, February 16, 2011
This camera is just not worth the money. The image quality is poor at best if you zoom in it is grainy. The sound is in mono which is fine but should be noted somewhere in the product description. The camera just feels cheaply made and the side door feels as if it is going to break off anytime you open it. The USB is a push and slide but also feels cheap and like it will break after some use. You would be better off paying the extra money for a flip camera ... I did and I am much happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC PISCIO GC-FM-2 VODEO CAMERA, June 11, 2011
THIS CAMERA IS SO EASY AND FRIENDLY TO USE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE
WHO WANTS TO CAPTURES HAPPY AND SPECIAL MOMMENTS AND SAVE THEM IN THEIR COMPUTER.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I spected!, May 1, 2011
Well I bought this camera based on the top rew. of the Consumers mag. as the best choice. But... Iam very sad!.
The bad :
the screen size when used in the recording or picture mode in the lcd is about 1.75 '' wide and 1'' long ! you can't enjoy what you are viewing ! beeing so mall (not even my cell's lcd works that way).
Untill you play the video/pics it switches back to the 3'' lcd display and even then is not all the way full.
the zooming.. forget it is very grainy. And NO stabilization !
Up loading the pictures from the sd card (wich is not included) was fine but I could not make the videos that I recorded to play in my pc! that really sucked! I got tired of playing around with the software included in the camera that I just gave up .(I was lucky to have brouth my other camera to my kids event !) No HDMI cable , no SD card and no users manual (you down load it from within the camera into your computer ! and even after that the instructions are not made for this model alone but it is more directed to the water proof model!)
they include a usb cable 6'' long ! what a joke, the camera is almost hanging depending where your usb ports in your pc are,mine are in the middle of the tower)
No hand strap.
The Pros:
Good pictures in low ligth I guess is the only good thing,that is if the objects are not moving. Video quality looks great in the lcd (but once you want to view in a HD tv it looks kind of black around the faces. I guess you need the HDMI cable.
Sorry but is on its way back!

Rate and Discover Movies