5.0 out of 5 stars JVC Kaboom
Nice boom box, very satisfied with unit. Sound quality may not be perfect, but good enough and lots of bass with the sub-woofer. I'm not familiar with the original Kaboom so I can't compare the old vs the new. I wanted all the input options, USB, MP3 CD's, Itouch, etc. Mostly, I wanted a line-in so that meant I had to get the RV-NB70 instead of the NB50 model. The...
Published on July 18, 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiny thump -no mid-range - no bang for buck here
If i hadn't paid 240 for this, i'd not expect as much but for all it's bells and whistles it doesn't deliver a quality range. I'm talking about SOUND - which is why people buy things like these. I thought! But by seeing all the good reviews maybe not. There is plenty of space in this thing to put 2-way speakers out front in addition to the so-called 'sub woofer' on the...
Published 17 months ago by JohnyMac

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good boombox, October 30, 2011
Brian Smith (Denver, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC RV-NB70 Kaboom System for iPod with microphone and guitar inputs' (Electronics)
Great bass and fairly loud. Only complaint is that the volume on the guitar input seems to be restricted. However, that is probably done to protect guitarists from blowing out the speakers. Other than that this really is a great boombox and worth the money in my opinion, although its not cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this system, September 13, 2012
I've owned this system and the Sony "X"plode ..This system by far sounds the best, and the Bass is phenomenal.It's alittle heavy, but is more comparable to the Bose wave radio sound wise.I had it for three years before it was stolen, and never had issues with it.It made my tv sound great with the aux in, especially football games and movies.Great system !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable radio!, August 22, 2012
I purchased the Kaboom box with out getting to hear it first (based mostly on online reviews) for tailgating at football games and could not be happier! Its compact but still built pretty solid. We run it off of a 125 Watt power inverter from the cigarette lighter for hours with no problem!
The best feature on this little radio is the sound!!!! Its nice to have a separate subwoofer control for when the bass gets louder on some song and the ipod / aux-in are both great to have for cell phone or mp3 streaming music... It has a usb port for thumb drives as well, but I have not used that yet.
If your like me and don't get to listen to one of these before you buy it I'd say for the price, quality, portability, functionality, and more important sound quality you can't go with the Kaboom Box!
Cons:
Just like most people have reviewed before, is there is no place for the remote to be stored and the controls for the ipod can only be accessed using it (which are not very good anyways).

5.0 out of 5 stars It's big. It's heavy. It's awesome., August 14, 2012
I believe you should know what you're looking for before you buy it. If you want something that takes up a small footprint, this ain't it. If you're looking for processed-sounding digital clarity, this ain't it. If you want something really loud with plenty of bass, this is it - and then some. I got tired of small, wimpy, digitally-enhanced-sounding iPod docks and wanted something that rocks. I tried them all (Harman Kardon's Go+Play, Bose, Memorex, etc.) and they all fell short. Most of the complaints on here about the Kaboom are about its size or that it's flimsy (huh? This thing is built like a tank). And, yeah, it's big and heavy, but when you walk into a room carrying this beast you make a statement. Best of all, the Kaboom utilizes all of the digital-age advantages, but makes your MP3s sound warmer and closer to analog than anything I've heard. It's modern thinking with old-school sensibilities in looks and sound. They also thought of just about every way you can connect to it including: USB port, AUX in, FM radio, CD, iPod/iPhone, and even an input for a microphone or guitar so you can jam along. The only negative thing I can say about it is that the controls on the remote are a little wonky and confusing, but they're fine once you get used to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great package, June 28, 2013
I purchased this in February 2013 and have owned it for 4 months. If your looking for a small boombox with more "boom", this is it. The Kaboom system offers room filling sound contained in a somewhat portable package. Like the other JVC radio I owned a few years ago, the sound controls are limited, but if your not trying to create a studio mix, that's ok. I agree with other users in saying all the functionality is on the remote, few controls are on the actual radio. I also have hooked up a base guitar to this system and it does function well as a practice amp, but it wont rock the neighborhood. If you need a guitar amp-buy one. The Ipod connection is a little loose, but works ok for me.

Pros: Good bass for size
Portable (you may want to replace the strap though)
Plenty of watts for clean overall tone
Inputs in front for USB, rear for guitar and line in
twist lock latches keep cd and ipod trays from accidentally bumping open

Cons: Limited sound controls
Controls mostly on remote
Weak ipod mounting system

All in all a good buy for the product, and I expect it to last a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost a 5, May 1, 2013
R. K. Wilcox (Blairsville, GA United States) - See all my reviews
Works great!... except for the door that covers ipod always pops open. Sounds great but of course it isn't a high end sound system. 3/4 volume is about the limit for loudness before distortion begins but that is good enough for most any where I would use it. I'm really glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, March 29, 2013
D. Morton (san diego, ca) - See all my reviews
I use this boom box for my garage gym. Its absolutely perfect for this. You can also put 10 D batteries in it and take it with you to the park or beach. The volume goes to 20. The highest I turn it is 16 and thats pretty loud. Anything beyond 16 the music distorts a little depending on what you're listening to. The bass on this thing is also adjustable, which I like.

4.0 out of 5 stars JVC RV-NB70 Kaboom System, February 8, 2013
Nice loud system mic jack is great but, there is no pitch or reverb knob you can't adjust the sound qaulity. It's ok for doing sing a grams. It's just the right size run on batteries or AC plug in.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound , i love it, December 29, 2012
iam very happy with this kaboom , great price and fast delivery, my thanks to beach camara and Amazon.this is an excellent quality boombox ,a good power .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice, October 16, 2012
Purchased for my finance, he absolutly loves it. No DJ needed. The Bass is amazing, we were very impressed. Perfect to have for a party.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›