Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 25, 2011
It's pretty good gaffers tape. I'm no expert/connoisseur on gaffers tape, but I have been in the Film and TV business for 15 years. And this tape does the job. There are probably some tapes out there that are better and some that are worse, but I'll leave that to the connoisseur who has a very specific use. Otherwise, this is a good all around tape for shoots. Keep in mind, I don't tape much stuff. Just occasional marks on the floor for talent and labels on slates. I haven't tried it on walls. But pretty good stuff.
on October 5, 2010
If you aren't looking specifically for gaffer tape, get something else. If you know what it is, then you know what it does and why you want it. This stuff is bargain priced. I think it has been sitting on the seller's shelf for a while, because the adhesive is a bit more aggressive than it ought to be. It still works well, but when I used it on a white wall once, it pulled some paint. However, it should be noted that there was a slight bubble underneath the paint and no primer had been used. Unlike the other reviewer, I have had no difficulty tearing this tape, across or lengthwise. The tears have been easy and straight. If it was not older stock, I would have given this product five stars, but it probably would also have cost twice as much.
on October 17, 2012
I usually buy the intertape 5638 gaffers tape from Amazon but it only comes in Black. Decided to try this out because it was white. This tape does not hold very well at all. Even tearing peeling it off the wall I could instantly tell it was not nearly as strong as the intertape polymer group tape.

Not sure if I will be able to find a use for this yet as it seems to only stick well to glass/tile
on January 30, 2013
I bought this primarily to make labels (with a sharpie) on a bunch of storage boxes, and it's working great so far. It sticks to plastic much better than the painter's tape I'd been using, but still peels away smoothly and cleanly if you need to remove it. The roll I got does tend to tear a bit rough and at an angle, but at least it doesn't leave a lot of long threads behind like some other gaffers tape I've used.
on December 13, 2013
I wish I had known about gaffer's tape years earlier. I use it to quick hem jeans for transitioning from heels to flats. I've used it to tuck all the fringe under my rugs. I've used it to repair dresses before I could get them to a seamstress. I've put this on the edge of a counter that tends to accumulate rust that gets on my clothes. I use it where duct tape is too much and masking tape isn't enough. I've used it to hide cords against a wall, and to bind cords together for a less messy desk area.

The roll is enormous, but when I run out, I'll be getting another.
on March 3, 2013
I use gaffers tape in my professional photography studio, and the price on this is perfect. 30 yards goes quite a ways, and I use it heavily. Some uses:
-taping up backdrops to the wall
-repairing soft boxes
-taping cables to the floor
-temporary repairs on equipment and props

I love that it holds and sticks well, but also comes off easily when I am ready for it to! I will definitely be buying this again.
on April 29, 2014
If you want maximum hold and left on indefinitely for repair purposes, then get the duct tape. Main reason for Gaffers tape is that it holds pretty well when applied but peels off cleanly with no residues. I do not want my photo gears and accessories gummed up with tape residue when it is removed, hence it is the tape of choice for photographers. Might also be useful for sewing, crafts, and stage and studio works where temporary strong hold and clean peel off is necessary.

Not sure if I would trust this tape to make household repairs as some have mentioned, especially exposed to weather elements. I would think this is too expensive to use as a masking agent for painting - that's what 3M's blue masking tape is for.
on December 7, 2012
This tape is so much cheaper then the stuff they sell at the local camera place, it just makes me wonder...

Anyhow, this has all the tack, and durability you want from gaff tape. Don 't hesitate to purchase this!
on April 23, 2015
I actually used this stuff to patch up a ripped headliner in a 1977 Triumph Spitfire hard top a few years ago.
It actually looked pretty good. Stuck in all weather. Didn't look perfect, but a million times better than a big tear.

It held up fine until I sold the car.
on October 15, 2011
I expected since it was a premium grade tape that this would be a superior product. It does not leave any adhesive behind when removed which is really good. But it didn't hold as well as I expected it would. I will try another company and see if I can find a better quality gaffers tape.