5.0 out of 5 stars Jet 18" saw
Order could not have gone better, shipped right away, came in a few days. Packing was big, on a skid but really packaged right, crated all the way around and looked perfect when I got her.

The saw set up easily, came together in about 3 hours, table was flat, blade tracked perfectly and all in all was easy to set up.

After fooling around with it, did...
Published on June 15, 2009 by Chris

2.0 out of 5 stars DOA
When this unit arrived the power switch did not function.
I had an electrician come to hook up the saw to my main power, had him come back when unit still wouldnt power on.
Called Jet and spent two afternoons on telephone with them trying to resolve issue.
They finally sent me another switch box, I hooked it up and it worked.
Pretty disappointing that...
Published 14 months ago by michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Jet 18" saw, June 15, 2009
This review is from: JET JWBS-18QT-3 18-Inch 3-Horsepower 1PH Band Saw with Quick Tensioning lever (Tools & Home Improvement)

After fooling around with it, did some 10" resawing, came out nice, flat, comes with good blade. Did the trick just out of the box. It should take some time to break in, the saw is very powerful 3hp cuts right through anything. Really nice, like all the features, very well made, great power switch, wish all my Jet saws had this type. With a HTC mobile base, moves around the shop easily and does what I need it to do, cut down turning stock and resawing big 10-12"planks. Good going jet and amazon, could not beat the free shipping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jet JWBS-18QT-3, August 2, 2011
I purchased this saw to replace a Grizzly GO555 "Ultimate Band Saw". Couldn't be happier with the Jet saw. I very seldom used the Grizzly BS, opting for working out a way to make cuts with one of my fixed circular saws (table saw or miter saw) or my Bosch jig saw. . . now with the jet saw, I am looking for new ways to use it!

The assembly and set up on this saw were exactly what one would expect. I am able to make measured cuts with the fence scale almost as accurate as my Powermatic PM2000. I needed to cut a bevel cut for a French cleat and used the bandsaw. Results were accurate and the setup for the bevel was simpler.

I roughed out some White Oak that has been drying in my turning room for about 18 months. The blocks were about 16x16x12. Using a "woodturners BS blade the cuts were easy and the blanks came out "right" and lathe ready. I resawed some African Mahogany for some display stands and except for my mistakes in centering the cuts, came out good.

Great power. Great accuracy. Easy tension release to the "resting" position. I will not hesitate buying another Jet product.

4.0 out of 5 stars JET JWBS-18QT-3 Review, February 11, 2013
I had a hard time choosing between the Jet JWBS-18QT-3 and the Hammer N4400 - The deciding fator boiled down being able to go see the saw in person...

Shipping: I recieved my saw 5 days after placing my order and was recieved with out scratch and was packaged very well in a wooden crate, it took about 15 minutes to pull apart the crate. I left the saw on the pallate until I had a mobile base built for it..

Setup :

Setup of the saw took about an hour to get the table on, the fence installed and squared and adding the 220V plug for power..Once plugged in a turned on I was amazed at how quite and vibration free this saw was - compared to my previous saw which was a Grizzly G555 (14 inch), after swaping the factory installed 3/4 blade with a Timberwolf 3/4 in blade once the guides and tension was set I pulled out a scrap piece of Jatoba for a resaw test... I was able to resaw a piece 1/16th of an inch thick, I did a few test cuts into 2" white oak and some purple heart with ou tany issues at all.. The 3 HP motor is plenty of power and the blade guides were easy to adjust and set in relation to the blade.

The fence that come withthe saw is "ok" and has that cheap feel to it the rails for it the fence are nice to bad the fence it self was not something a little more heavier... It will have to do till I can get a resaw and a Sub fence built for it...

Blade capacity: 1/8 to 1 1/4 inch.

Pros: 3 Hp motor, bearing guides, quick release lever for tension allows for easy blade changes..

Cons: Crappy factory blade and the Fence leaves something to be desired.

Based on my intial impressions I would recommend this saw as one to consider...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great saw!, February 11, 2014
Wanted to upgrade to a larger saw than my 14" Porter Cable. Read multiple reviews and compared all of the features, and visited local stores to compare whatever saws were in stock. Had almost ordered a Laguna 18"' but couldn't justify the price difference between this one and the Laguna. Liked the Laguna guides, but the smaller Laguna, with a comparable price to this Jet 18", just didn't meet my expectations. Have used this saw for a recent project with a lot of curves and contours, and have been very pleased with it's performance. My concern over a single dust collection hookup vs. the 2 on many other models has not been an issue. Dust is very effectively collected with the one port. The 3 .HP is great, so I am glad that I did not compromise with the similar size model with the smaller motors. Ruled out the Grizzlies with the 17" and 19" wheels because they are specific to Grizzly so replacements require buying from them instead of picking up at a local store. Couldn't find a US made bandsaw, so this was the best choice, in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expectations were met with this saw purchase., August 30, 2014
The saw arrived in excellent condition and on time. Assembly was easy with good instructions. One attachment bolt that holds the resaw bar that attaches the bar to the fence was missing, but was easily replaced without a call to service. The height adjustment wheel was not tapped to accept the crank handle, but this was easily drilled and tapped without a call to service. Following the assembly I went through the saw and checked any adjustments that were available for change and no adjustment were required. I have made some practice cuts and resaw cuts with plenty of power and accuracy. I have cut some 9 inch branches from a tree to prepare for turning and it was very easy to make the crosscuts and rip cuts. I would have liked to have received a higher quality blade with the saw and two blades of different widths would have been nice. The 137 inch blades are not available in my area so I have ordered additional blades to have an assortment to handle the different projects. So far I am pleased with the saw and the HCT2000 Mobil base that was purchased at the same time and fit very nice although the placement of the swivel wheels is important and necessary for them to face forward to not interfere with the lower access door to open with out hitting the wheel bracket. I feel this saw has the features I wanted and the price was good and not having shipping charge made this an acceptable purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars DOA, October 8, 2013
michael (Allen Park, MI United States) - See all my reviews
When this unit arrived the power switch did not function.
They finally sent me another switch box, I hooked it up and it worked.
Pretty disappointing that neither Jet nor Amazon had quality control to catch this issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Saw with Big Problems, November 18, 2010
We purchased the 1 ¾ HP version of this saw, otherwise the same unit, with the intention of using it for light to medium duty resaw work.

After installing a high quality blade and setting up the saw we were disappointed the machine had a bad vibration. It turns out there was severe runout in the upper wheel, measured with a dial indicator to be more than 0.125". Others here have reported the same problem, NO GOOD.

We thought we'd get around to calling Jet to swap the bad wheel for a new one, but work and other projects got in the way so we got busy using other tools instead. The machine sat collecting dust and unused for a while...

Until a nice batch of 12/4 x 8" to 10" cherry came through our shop. With a new 3/4" 3 tpi blade we tuned and fired up the Jet but only after a few cuts the motor smoked and tripped the breaker. We took it apart to find the windings fried. Unfortunately the cheap Taiwan motor has NO THERMAL PROTECTION!!!

It took us more than 6 calls and emails with pictures and measurements to Jet customer service to illicit a response. Unfortunately the machine was out of warranty (this was before the 5 year warranty). Needless to say they were ueseless and it would cost us over $500 for a new motor and wheel to fix the machine.

The verdict: D-N-R. We have placed our order for a new Grizzly machine and will be posting this steaming pile for sale on flEa-Bay. Jet has some major quality issues to resolve before we would buy another machine from them for our shop.