5.0 out of 5 stars It's All About the Comfort
While the Jabra EASYGO Bluetooth Headset may not be the most attractive thing available I am more than willing to sacrifice form over function. Until now I had only found one other bluetooth headset that didn't irritate my ears...but it cost more than twice as much as this one. I can put this headset on and blab for hours and not even realize I have it on. I love it...
Published on December 10, 2010 by Steven James

1.0 out of 5 stars Lots and lots of accidental Calls! Bad switch design!
Published on August 11, 2011 by Rafi

5.0 out of 5 stars It's All About the Comfort, December 10, 2010
Steven James (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jabra EASYGO Bluetooth Headset [Retail Packaging] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Also, the sound quality is unparalleled. Nobody can ever tell I'm in my car or sitting on the toilet while I'm talking on this bluetooth. It sounds like an old-fashioned corded landline...which is a good thing. When I go outside on a windy day, which is quite often here in the rainy Pacific Northwest, my calls sound just as clear as when I'm sitting in my office. I can't say enough great things about this Jabra headset. There may not be a ton of extra features, but I never use any of those extras anyway. When it comes to making and receiving phone calls it can't be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST YET !!, December 20, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
it may sound weird but the best thing about this is the on /off switch.there is no guessing with this one as to if it is on or off and no hitting a button to hear a tone-- just a simple on /off switch

i use this phone in my shop with 2 cell phones at once an ,an Iphone 4 and an Iphone 3g ,and it does great w/both at the SAME time
The paring was simple and straight forward for both phones

i turn the device on and a voice tells u that u r connected 2 times so that u know u r connected to both phones .

any distinctive ringtones u have come through the device

the range is great. I leave both phones on the counter and the range is about 30 feet before i have any trouble

voice quality is good and it is nice and loud which in my case is necessary because i have a lot of background noise in my shop .

the volume switch is in a good place

the earpiece stays on your head really securely (u hardly know it is there)

plus there is no annoying blue light to annoy the people next to u

there is a voice that tells u when the battery is low . i get about a week on one charge using it about 8 hours a day with about 1 hour talk time a day and it recharges in about 2 hours

i have no cons for this
I love it !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lots and lots of accidental Calls! Bad switch design!, August 11, 2011
Rafi (Los Angeles, California) - See all my reviews
The entire outside of the unit is a big Answer/Disconnect Switch!! So almost every time you touch it, or it hits against something, it engages it! It's very difficult to handle this unit without hitting that switch constantly!! Very Annoying! And the least amount of pressure will activate it. So even if you toss it in your shirt pocket, or softly pick it up, it will go off, and of course if you manage a couple of quick clicks it dials your last call! And so too often when you get a call, and you're trying to get it on your ear, you're answering the call before you've had a chance to put it on!

I know some mentioned this problem, but given the good reviews by so many, I assumed it would not be a big deal. IT IS!! It's simply a flaw in the design! So unfortunately I had to return it.

It's also really hard to get it over your ear. I've had another set with a more solid ear loop and it was far easier to get it on. With this, I've had to practice it over and over and it's still not easy.

So unless you are one of those who will be having this on your ear all day long, I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Oh, and finally, the tune you hear when a call comes in, is Super Cheesy! And there doesn't seem to be another option for that!

After days of trying to get used to this unit, I dialed at least a dozen unintended calls. One of them very late at night!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love/Hate Relationship, January 19, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a general rule, I hate hands-free handsets.

I hate it when I begin speaking with someone, and I think they're agreeing with everything I say, and then it turns out they're actually talking to someone else using their dratted ear extension with the flashing blue light.

I hate the fact that my ears are the wrong size and shape for the majority of headsets.

I hate it when my untrained (clumsy) fingers hit the wrong part of the headset when I'm simply trying to stop it from falling to its death from a height of just over 5 feet, and I either redial the last number or hang up on the one person who hates being hung up on.

Plus, they're UGLY, and don't accessorise well with any wardrobe!!

HOWEVER,

I hate it even more when I have to pull over and park to take or make a call.

And I especially hate it if I DON'T pull over, and then get busted by the only policeman on the entire empty highway who has insomnia and a full book of blank tickets waiting to be filled in.

SO,

Hands free it shall be -
But ONLY when I'm driving.

That said, this device fits most of my basic needs, and throws in some convenient extras. The EASYGO Headset was indeed very easy to set up and even easier to use. Sound quality was good and the spoken connection status and audio volume adjuster are useful features.

The headset is also relatively small and stylish (as hands-free headsets go) without any flashing lights or buttons that attract unwanted attention (or cause an attack of photosensitive epilepsy, or signal the letters N-E-R-D in morse code.)

The most impressive feature of this headset has to be the long battery life, which is great because the miserly charger cord is so awkward to use that you don't want to have to use it more often than necessary. Besides, as I only use it in the car, it lasts me several trips, depending on how often and how long I prattle.

Admittedly it is more comfortable to use than I expected. The extra ear hook prevents suicidal leaps from ear to earth, and it doesn't weigh my head down on one side.

In summary, for a simple headset, it delivers.

Rated: 4.5 stars

Amanda Richards
January 19, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks after a few months, February 18, 2011
I bought this several months ago and had no problem until two weeks ago when it just died mid-phone call. It won't even turn on when it's plugged in. I have since found online many troubleshooting forums where people discuss having the same problem with this particular bluetooth device. I wouldn't even say I got my $30 worth out of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good but just a little quirk I have, February 29, 2012
I saw so many good reviews so I feel a bit bad that I am just leaving a 3 star review. The Jabra Easygo, has great sound quality and connects with ease. I believe it's an excellent choice if you're driving.

My problem is that I use the Jabra Easygo in an office but I don't like to always wear it. Only when I receive a phone call then I put it on. My problem is that when I do put it on, many times I end up hanging up the call. This is because the answer button is right there to tap when you put it on so I do a double tap by accident which hangs up the call

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design, trash build quality, May 17, 2011
Comfortable and decent audio quality, though the whole thing being one big button leads to a whole lot of accidentally disconnected calls. That would have been tolerable if the headset hadn't decided, only a month into owning it, that it wasn't going to even bother charging anymore. If it's a battery problem, the manufacturer's website claims that it's not covered under warranty despite being brand new, so I'm not hopeful and may end up recommending against the brand entirely, if they're going to cop out of putting out junk products.

Caveat emptor, indeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad fit, bad sound, bad reception, just bad., April 14, 2012
P. Childers (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this new in the retail package, to use with an iPhone 3. The package claimed to be eco-friendly, but it had two separate non-recyclable plastic sleeves, so take that claim with a box of salt.

It came with 2 ear "buds" and 2 ear "hooks" one each large & small. The ear hook interfered with my glasses so I tried to use it with the bud alone, but the large one was too big for my ear and the small was too small, it kept falling out.

After resigning myself to using the ear hook, I went to connect it up. That part seemed pretty easy and painless. However, the reception distance from iPhone to the headset is microscopic! I wanted to have the headset on my left ear, and set the phone in my car's center console tray near my hand on the right, but it simply would not keep a connection at that distance (less than 2 feet?). It also would not keep a connection with the phone in my left-hand jeans pocket. The only way to maintain a steady connection was to keep it in a left-hand shirt pocket, less than 1 foot away.

Even at that distance, the sound quality was terrible - audio clipping and stretching, fuzzing out regularly. The volume adjustment didn't seem to do much of anything.

The push-to-answer is also a push-to-call by default, which I discovered numerous times as I tried to remove and reinsert it; you have to hold it only by the sides and not push at all on the main face, or else you will call back the last number you called. This makes it really difficult to put in and out. I finally figured out that I could turn it off with the little switch on the back, insert it in my ear, then wiggle my fingernail in behind it and turn it back on.

Basically, don't plan to leave this laying around and then grab it and stuff it in your ear when the phone rings. If you try that, you'll almost certainly just hang up on whoever is calling. (And you'd better hope it's not your boss - ask me how I know!) If you get it in, just plan on wearing it all day if you think you'd need to use it at all. If you can get an ear bud that fits, it would probably be very comfortable, as the shape of the buds was good, the material soft, and the device very light. That's about the only good news about it, though.

After a week of fighting with this thing, I threw it in a drawer and went back to using handheld & speakerphone. I will buy another Bluetooth headset soon, but it won't be a Jabra. This thing is a hunk of junk. Stay away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but short range and flawed, April 7, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Now typically I am a major fan of anything jabra so having to write this review is disappointing to say the least. I have used Jabra products for over a decade now and this item just let me down on several aspect.

I'll start off with a simple pro/con deal here.

Pros:
Light weight
small
over the ear hook to keep it in place
verbally tells you "connected" or "disconnected"
LED indicator lights on the inside for you to see not everyone else

Cons:
picks up a lot of background noises
Side button = the whole unit
reception is buggy at times
battery has lost potency after only a few months

I got this knowing that Jabra has always given me a great product but I was not pleased with this unit at all. I noticed some serious signal quality problems with this unit when just putting my phone in my left pocket while this was on my right ear, this is not a problem with my older Motorola 681 unit. I am also really disappointed in the design that someone thought would be cool to make the whole side of the device the primary button. It might have been cheaper to make the unit this way but, seriously, did they even test it out after they made a prototype? Anytime you mess with it you end up hitting moving the cover enough to press the button, not everyone has tiny fingers. Overall you get what you pay for in the cheaper models, I've noticed a serious decline in quality though that should just not be.... If you want a product that just performs well and is still sleek and stylish you just have to pay more. It's rather unfortunate but it's the truth. No one is producing anything worth while at a reasonable price anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, convenient bluetooth earpiece, December 5, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice bluetooth set that really holds a charge. Fits in the ear with or without an earpiece. Compared to earlier units this earpiece allows your voice to come through crystal clear even with background noise. Works well with IPhone voice dialing. Volume controls are easy to reach. Two things make it a 4 star rather than 5 star rating: The on/off switch is not convenient as it sits behind the ear attachment which can be moved but does not move completely out of the way; with the ability to redial by pressing and holding the earpiece it can be easy to accidentally redial while turning the earpiece off.

These are minor. Once the problems are identified they aren't hard to avoid. Still I would prefer the ability to shut the unit off without the switch. A Motorola unit I had allowed on and off by simply pressing and holding the same button used to talk or voice dial.

Rate and Discover Movies