4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found.... so far
This is my third headset and the best of the bunch so far.
Things I like about the Jabra Proboom:
1. Ear wrap actually fits my ear. My first headset practically crushed my ear and was uncomfortable for conversations of over 5 minutes. My second headset is just the opposite, it won't stay put, and I have big ears.
2. Sound quality is good on Lo setting...
Published on March 20, 2004 by R. Richards

1.0 out of 5 stars very dissapointed
I used this headset about 3 times before I got tired of the complaints from the other end of the phone. People complained that they could not hear me, or that I was not coming through clearly enough. I used it with the amplifier.

Published on October 11, 2004 by AT-Backpacker

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've found.... so far, March 20, 2004
R. Richards (Vienna, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jabra ProBoom Headset with Universal 2.5mm Headset Jack (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is my third headset and the best of the bunch so far.
Things I like about the Jabra Proboom:
2. Sound quality is good on Lo setting (not amplified) and with volume turned to max.
3. Apparently sound quality from boom microphone is good, according to the people I have called.
Things I don't like about the Jabra ProBoom:
1. The mid-cord volume control. I'd like to chop it right out. Pretty worthless. I don't need the battery amplification, (Hi setting). The built-in volume control distorts. From what I can tell, turning the volume all the way up is pretty much a pass-thru. Lowering the volume distorts the sound, the more you lower the more distortion. You'll probably do what I do and leave it turned up and use the volume control on your phone.
Not a bad unit for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Headset - but caution to Treo 600 owners, June 18, 2004
I bought this headset to use with my Treo 600. When I got the first one, I thought it was defective - I got no sound at all. The good people at Amazon sent me a replacement right away at no charge, and the new one ALSO had no sound. This made me suspicious, and looking very carefully, I could see that the indention around the jack receptacle on the Treo is just a tiny, tiny bit too small and interfered with the plastic base of the plug on the headset - thus preventing complete insertion. Really pushing it in HARD got me a connection - but the final solution was an xacto knife. The plug is molded of very soft plastic, and I just trimmed perhaps 1mm of material from the edge of the plug, and now it fits great.
The performance is good - it fits your ear securely due to its design - the eargels are a personal matter of preference - and I also never use the battery power (it's quite loud enough without it), although I wish the battery didn't have to be inserted for it to work (the weight is a bit bothersome). Overall, I like this headset, and have been using it over all my others since I got it. Recommended - but for Treo owners, prepare to do a little bit of trimming to assure ease of use.

1.0 out of 5 stars very dissapointed, October 11, 2004
AT-Backpacker (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews

I also found the build quality to be very poor. Trying to turn the volume control thumbwheel was not easy. In short, I should return them, but not worth the return shipping. They're now at the bottom of my junk drawer...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, November 21, 2003
By A Customer
I love this earpiece because it is so much more comfortable than other models. The ear piece itself is smaller than other models so it doesn't pinch or ache. I can wear it for hours at a time. Sound quality is good although the high setting can sometimes become distorted. Overall, I'd highly reccomend this

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better choices, October 27, 2003
amazon_fan (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I was surprised to see that there was no mute switch on this model. This can be very handy if your phone doesn't have one, letting you run water, answer a question, etc, without leaving the conversation entirely.

I was disappointed to see that the batteries for the amplifier seem to be special (zinc air) that will go dead in two months regardless of usage. This makes the amplifier much less useful. The ear gel piece makes my phone seem louder so that I need the amplifier less. And the headset will work on the low setting even without any batteries. Overall volume and sound quality are good.

But I'm going to try the plantronics m135 instead. It has a mute switch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fair but not good, May 18, 2005
I had a number of problems with this product. It didn't fit in my ear very well, wasn't particularly comfortable, people complained that I sounded like I was on a speaker phone, the inline volume control should have had a mute button, the inline volume control was kind of heavy (because of the batteries), and the thing looked ugly.

It broke not long ago and wasn't worth getting replaced. It got binned instead and I don't miss it, but now I am looking for a good replacement.

ARRAY(0xa9b4fa98)