Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Color: BlackPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

Color: BlackPackage Type: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've evaluated quite a few headphones on Amazon as of late from just about every category. My every day headphone is a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones headphones, but I will use my Motorola S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/White for jogs and P90X workouts. I recently had a chance to evaluate some Monster® Inspiration Active Noise Canceling Over-Ear Headphones -Titanium,Diamond Tears Edge On-Ear Headphones (Crystal), and several other makes and models. With that, I was eager and excited to try out these Jabra Revo headphones. A lot goes into my headphone reviews, so I hope you'll read through the whole thing to understand my 4 star rating for these headphones.

Construction

The headphones are predominately plastic over the top head-band, with cups on the end of nice metal arms that fold inwards for storage. The inside of the top-head band is a soft silicone rubber that conforms nicely to the head. The ear cups themselves are a leatherette cover over a memory foam. The inside of the cups has a fun "Left" and "Right" script on the orange cloth speaker covers. The loose wire on both headphones looks like it could snag on something, but overall, these seem durable. The look is fun while professional - nobody will give a second thought to see you wearing these at work.

Comfort

In a word, amazingly comfortable, like I'm not even wearing them. The weight is a respectable 7.95oz, a welcome reprieve after I wore a pair of Monster headphones that weighed considerably more. With the metal support arms for the ear cups, I am surprised they got these under 8oz. The ear cups seal to my ears nicely and seal out noise from the environment. I keep expecting to snag my head on a cord, but with Bluetooth, it just doesn't happen. They aren't really good for workouts, but I don't think they were designed for that purpose.

Connectivity

Really unique - these work with Bluetooth, a 3.5mm headphone jack with Apple control cord, and even USB to work directly off of your PC. Both the 3.5mm cord and USB cord are custom cloth covered Revo cables. The phono cord is 50" long and the USB cord is 53" long. It also has NFC but I did not test it because my phone does not support it. I tested it with my iPhone 4 running v6.1.3 via Bluetooth and 3.5mm, and with my laptop over USB. All three methods (USB, phono plug, bluetooth) worked well and as expected.

Battery Charging

These are rechargeable headphones, but there is no recharger included! The USB cable can be used with a PC or AC-USB adapter like included with the iPhone, but Jabra did not choose to include one. Also, I cannot find in the instructions an indication of battery life. They do report a "battery gauge" via Bluetooth to my iPhone, but I have no idea how much time I have left. My Motorola S11 Flex and my Plantronics Legend both have a voice when I turn them on telling me the battery life left. I am really surprised Revo did not do this in their offering. I have no idea how much time I have left on the battery, a real frustration.

Interface

These have a very innovative interface. A phyical switch turns them on and sets them for pairing while a small LED indicates the state of the headphones. While on Bluetooth (not any other connection method), the right ear cup is touch sensitive. The button in the middle starts and stops songs, while drawing a circle on them adjusts volume. Unlike another bluetooth I tried recently, the volume control is real and it does adjust the phone's volume (not the headphones), so these are quite good in that respect. Tapping the ear advances the track as well. The left ear has a button that is labeled "Jabra Sound App". It doesn't appear to do anything when I push it except play a cool noise.

Accessories

I was sorely disappointed in the included accessories, especially for such an expensive headset. First, as previously mentioned, there is no way to charge these headphones included. Second, there is no 1/4" adapter or airplane adapter included. Third, the carrying case is just a thin papery bag, not a real case. For this kind of money, I'd expect a custom case as supplied by Bose, Audio-Technica, and Monster.

Sound

Finally I get to the most important part - how do they sound? This is hard to review without also reviewing the Jabra Sound App, a free app you can get for your iPhone or Android. First, without the app the sound is great. Bluetooth is not quite as punchy as the 3.5mm, but it's as good as I've ever heard bluetooth from my phone. The sound is balanced, not too hard on the bass or treble. I tried some ska, classic rock, country music, jazz crooners, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, etc - everything sounds really good. Honestly, the headphones play the sound and disappear, just like I like.

The Jabra Sound App is a great idea - it provides you with an equalizer for your iPhone. It takes the place of the iPhone sound app and plays your iTunes library. First, you need the Product Code which is on a small card that comes with the headphones. Don't lose this card or you can't use the app. I installed the app on my iPhone and iPad Mini. I don't know if it will permit installation to multiple iTunes accounts, but it certainly allowed me to use it twice to install on two different devices.

The app integrates quite well into the iPhone, allowing you to play your whole library, and even integrating into the lock screen music player. It has a Dolby sound processor for making the music fuller. For classical and instrumental, I loved this feature. It gave everything a rich sound. For vocal music, it stinks. At best, the vocals sound hollow and empty. At worst, it actually distorts vocals. I couldn't find a good setting, so I turned it off for vocal music.

Bluetooth Range

Pretty good - not as good as my Plantronics or Motorola products, but still quite respectable in terms of distance I could travel.

Multipoint

Flawless multipoint support. This feature was totally broken on my Motorola S11-Flex and passable on the Plantronics Legend, but Jabra has it figured out. Multipoint lets you pair a bluetooth headset to 2 devices and switch just by hitting "play" in an app. I had it switching between my iPad and iPhone with no problem at all.

Phone Calls

I haven't tried these in a noisy environment, but people told me the phone calls with the built in microphone sounded great and had no complaints. I have no issue using these for phone calls.

Conclusion

This has been one of my longer headphone reviews - I sure hope you found it helpful. But most importantly, do I recommend these headphones? I am a little annoyed at the lack of carrying case, battery information, and a few other nitpicky things, but these are a quality production. The bluetooth quality is high enough to make me abandon cords even sitting at my desk in my office.

There are some limitations, but on the whole, all I can say is that they are my new at-the-office headphones so they get my recommendation.
1818 comments358 of 380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 27, 2013
I know these headphone get rave reviews and I understand why. My review is a little less of a rave, and I'll try to explain my reasons. I did professional audio for quite a few years; I ran a studio and did remotes for local public radio. This is both good and bad--- while I think I have a good understanding of audio, I'm a little particular about quality. This review is a bit long; please bear with me.

The headphones are lightweight and generally comfortable, a giant plus factor compared to heavier, bulkier cousins. They're "on the ear" design, which is smaller and lighter than "over the ear" but the Revo design is so good that they seem to have the passive noise-reducing benefits you usually associate with the larger over the ear models. This is very impressive.

The headphones don't sacrifice durability to get their light weight, either. They look and feel like they are going to last for a while and stand up under heavy use. (In pro audio, this was an absolute must-have.) This is another example of the high quality of engineering that went into these headphones.

Bluetooth pairing was really easy, just about as easy as it gets. Recorded audio walks you through the steps. It's just about no-fail simple. Headphone range depends on your bluetooth source as much as it does the headphones, but I found that walking around our condo provided little problem. There was the occasional dropout when moving quickly at some distance, but during normal use the signal was rock-solid. The headphones also offer NFS pairing to newer devices but I couldn't test this.

You can control your audio remotely (nice feature) and answer phone calls. The latter is handy in a pinch but the microphone built in to the headphones is quite obviously near your ear, not your mouth, so it isn't ideal. But it works. The controls are really pretty intuitive and smooth; I was using them almost at once. More good engineering, something of which this product has plenty.

Corded operation is of course possible with the supplied fluorescent orange cables (what were they thinking with that color?) The cables have a braided cover and look reasonably sturdy. There is a multifunction switch in the middle of the cable which I found very useful when out walking with the phone out of reach in my pocket.

However, watch out: the audio cable has what's called TRRS wiring, meaning there are four elements on the plug, not three. No problem with most smartphones, but if you want to plug the cable into a stereo system or a laptop which has the typical TRS wiring (three elements), it's a problem. You have to carefully insert the plug almost but not quite all the way to make it work, and then it has a tendency to pop out if disturbed. You'll find yourself looking for an adapter pretty fast. You can jury-rig something from Radio Shack but the right adapter wasn't readily available here in Honolulu and it's something like twenty bucks plus shipping to order it from a mainland supplier. Did Revo think that no one would want to use these high-end headphones with anything but a smartphone or an ipod? You've spent all this money on the headphones and now you're off chasing an adapter?

The headphone sound offers high definition and clarity, and plenty of volume--- these are sensitive enough to work with audio sources that can be a little wimpy, like my Droid phone. You can download an app to enhance the sound but most equalizer apps will be about as good as the custom app, which requires serial number activation. (Come on, it's hardly worth pirating, and the serial number is a nuisance.) By the way, I found that the sound over bluetooth was almost indistinguishable from the sound using the cable.

So what's the real downside, apart from my gripes about the audio cable? Why four stars instead of five?

The designers made what had to be a deliberate decision. These headphones provide strong bass emphasis. When I say strong I mean way too much.

Now, the bass is clean and tight, without distortion, muddy sound, or lack of clarity. It's a terrific achievement; few headphones provide decent bottom-end response. But here it's too much of a good thing. So much so that mixes are thrown out of balance. Double bass and cello and the low registers of a piano start to dominate someone's carefully mastered recording. Electric bass becomes practically a lead or solo instrument.

Paradoxically, if the sound reproduction wasn't so clean throughout the spectrum, you wouldn't notice this so much. But with all the great definition and clarity, your ears immediately tell you the mix is out of balance, except it isn't, it's what the headphones are doing with it.

Of course, you can fire up your equalizer app and fix this, at least mostly. But you shouldn't have to do that. In short, these headphones feature wonderful physical and electronic engineering, which I feel was marred by one major audio design decision.

Now, you may like the extreme bass. Audio is very much a matter of taste and despite all the pontificating done by those of us who have been in the business, everyone's taste is different, and what really matters is what YOU like, not what someone else tells you is good. But I truly think the headphones would be better if they had a balanced response. In my studio, I used to have Bose 10.2 monitors and clients loved the sound. But they were no good for mixing because they overemphasized the low end. The exact same thing can be said about the Revo headphones.

One more minor quibble: the included instructions are insufficient (and in tiny, tiny print). Be sure to download the PDF manual which is readily available on-line.

Would I buy these headphones? No, I wouldn't. But as I said, I'm fussy.

Still, one thing I really do advise: you should listen to them before buying to see if the sound is to your taste. You may love it, but you want to know for sure.
88 comments168 of 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2014
[EDIT: Happy New Year!!!]

I suspect that those who give them 5 stars, they never compared them directly with other better bluetooth Headphones.

I compared them with:

Sennheiser MM400-X
Bose Soundlink On-Ear
Philips Fidelio M1BT
Sony MDR-10RBT
[EDIT: even if not anymore on a side by side context, I later tested MANY more BT Headphones. Something which somehow became between a Hobby, a passion, and an obsession. In this moment I have tested more or less 25. I can give you a list if you write me a comment. I will not completely rewrite the review but I will update my impressions and wrie down which other Headphones could be more interesting in this or similar price range]

I understand the emotional aspect of buying something you like, but, there is a difference between somebody who buy his first and only BT headphone and give 5 stars, or the same 5 stars given by somebody who tested all the best BT Headphones available.
So, putting tastes aside, and keeping it as much objective as possible, the Revo ARE good. But not soooo good to deserve 5 stars!
They anyway really deserve attention for the sound and features which they offer. And I keep suggesting them all the time over other similarly priced options (and even over some more expensive ones).

JABRA REVO WIRELESS
They are beautiful, I liked their mix of discrete Olive and lively subtle Orange lines. But I prefer the Bose for discretion and the Fidelio for elegance.
They sound warm, yes, but somehow a bit muffled. Probably because they lack a bit highs and upper mids.
It is something you may not notice if you do not come from a bright sounding Headphone, and very probably something you can get used to.
With some EQ and a bit of Reverb this improves, but they never sound lively and open enough to me.
They've got less punch than the Fidelio on the bass, more or less on pair with the Bose. With maybe (and I liked this) a tiny bit more rumble than the Bose. To give you an idea, I enjoyed more watching a film with the Revo than with the Bose, because the Revo had more this warm rumble effect which is good for speeches and also for explosions.
The touch controls are cool but also a pain in the A. EVERY SINGLE TIME that I wanted to reach the central button to pause the music I finished turning the volume up or down. Same story for changing track.
The bag is a joke. Period.
They are a bit more comfortable than the Fidelio on long-term, but do not fit tight enough to do fitness.
They have got NFC, yes, but no APTX. If you really need NFC (but, why?) you could have a look to the new Fidelio M2BT (I have them now and they are the or one of the best BT Headphone I have ever tried).
The improvement given by the Dolby App is only while using that App as a music player (which has got no folder browser. I do not know you, but I like to organize my music in folders), and it does not bring the Revo to the level of the Fidelio for soundstage and detail, or of the Bose for freshness and balance.

They have a wonderful orange cable covered in Fabric, with a Mic to use them as Headset also in cable mode. This is, I must admit, a nice point. I really liked the cable :D

In comparison:
the Bose sound much more fresh and balanced (not too warm, not too cold), are more portable, can connect with two devices at same time, have better carrying case.

The Fidelio have much better vibrant basses (matter of quality, not only of quantity), more detail and more Soundstage.
They are not foldable but the speakers can be turned of 90° making them thinner than Revo and Bose in a backpack.
I tested them only with APTX so I cannot say how they sound without.
The new M2BT has also Multipoint like the Bose, and NFC like the Revo.

Both Bose and Fidelio do not depend on any app to sound good, and have better controls than the Revo.

Quick overview of the comparison:

Overall Sound:
1) Fidelio and Bose (somehow the Bose perform a bit better on my Phone and the Fidelio on my PC, but they are overall comparable, with the Fidelio a bit more open, and the Bose a bit more present)
2) Revo
3) Sennheiser
4) Sony

Basses:
1) Fidelio
2) Bose and Revo
3) Sony (n°1 for quantity, n°5 for quality)
4) Sennheiser

Detail and Room:
1) Fidelio
2) Bose and Sennheiser
3) Sony (would be at the first place for Room if the sound would not seem to come from behind)
4) Revo

Portability:
1) Sennheiser
2) Bose
3) sony (because of the better bag even if bigger dimensions)
4) Fidelio and Revo (Fidelio because thinner with the speakers turned 90°, Revo because foldable)

Look:
1) Bose (even if plastic, the form is elegant and the dimensions discrete)
2) Fidelio
3) Revo
4) Sony
5) no. Sorry. Sennheiser just NO. The designer should be ashamed...

Battery:
1) Sennheiser (because you can have an extra one)
The others have all a good similar battery.

Price:
This may vary according to where you live. In EU:
1) Sennheiser (IF you buy them from their Outlet)
2) Sony
3) Revo
4) Fidelio M1BT
5) Bose and new Fidelio M2BT.

Comfort:
1) Sony (because Around the Ear)
2) Bose and Sennheiser
3) Revo (less tight than Bose and Sennheiser, but heavier)
4) Fidelio (but do not get fooled, they ARE comfortable enough for many hours)

Bluetooth Range:
1) Bose
2) Fidelio, Revo and Sony
3) Sennheiser

Functions:
1) Bose (clear winner for the double connectivity)
Then the others are more or less the same, each with little pros and cons.

Conclusion:
In my opinion, there is no possible reason EVER why anybody should prefer the Revo over the Fidelio or the Bose unless you may find the Revo much cheaper like now (they reached the US$130 in Amazon). In that case, if you have a limited budget, go for the Revo, and try to use them with their Dolby App, or with some good EQ and some sort of Reverb (you know, "Studio, Club, Hall") to make them sound more "open". They will anyway not disappoint you. As said, they ARE good. Just, not "very" good.

Other possibilities in this price range are the Supertooth Freedom. I find them really good and they cost almost the same. I prefer their sound to that of Revo for sure, better bass and better highs, plus Aptx support.
The Harman Kardon BT became terribly cheap and sound very good. Some people do not like the look. I find it original.
The Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless sound also quite good. Different in sound signature but comparable in sound quality to the Revo. YOu can find some color versions for less then $100 in this moment (9th of Januar 2015). They also have a strong BT Range.

A short note about voting a review up or down: if you have a different opinion you do not need to vote mine down, you just can express yours in your review.
It is important to have different reviews from different people with different tastes and opinions.
Votes are for if a review is useful. And a review is useful when the reviewer explain in detail what he thinks of the product and why. No matter if you agree with his opinion or not.
I have spent LOT of time in comparing headphones and writing reviews, and although I had fun while doing it, I didn't do it for fun, I did it to help people, including you.
I would also be happy to give you more suggestions if you write me in the comments. In that case please specify which music do you listen most, and what do you want from a Headphone.

I hope this helped!
11 comment73 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2013
I am a long time Amazon shopper and though I’ve spent more than I care to think about here at Amazon, the number of reviews I’ve written can be counted on one hand. Bluetooth stereo headphones are one of the few things I’ve found I cannot live without so I hope you’ll understand and find value in this review of the Jabra Revo wireless headphones. In short:
Pros:
1) Good, clear sound quality indoors
2) Very comfortable
3) High build quality
4) Good looking
Cons:
1) Capacitive touch controls (more on this below)
2) No active noise reduction
3) Relatively boomy
4) Bluetooth connection can be spotty, but not always or everywhere (haven’t figured this out yet)

To elaborate: For the past 5-6 years I’ve been on a quest to find the best Bluetooth stereo headphones available. I love the idea of combining great sound with no wire. I use my headphones daily in the gym and out jogging. Throughout this quest I’ve tried several models of Motorola (on ear/behind the neck, and over ear DJ style), several Sennheisers and even the old Cardo S2s (they were actually pretty good but easy to break). For the past couple of years I’ve used the Sennheiser MM450. They sound wonderful and are a joy to listen to, but are absolutely hideous on your head.

When I stumbled across the Jabras I had high hopes as I thought, finally, maybe, something that sounds good and wouldn’t churn my stomach when glancing in the mirror. After using them for a few days I can say they are almost what I’ve been looking for. They are good looking phones, and since style is not insignificant to folks I feel this is worth mentioning to you. Their sound is also quite clean and clear, another plus. And, they seem to be very well made with very comfortable foam surrounds and metal framing.

However, I did not realize how much I have grown to rely on active noise reduction until I tried to go without it. Indoors, the Revos sound as good as any other similarly priced phones, but outdoors the wind noise was startling. Short gusts could be overcome with volume but sustained breeziness created more noise than I could take. I won’t be using the Revos outdoors again. They are also, relatively boomy when EQ is set flat. I would not say they are very boomy like the Beats headphones, but I did have to try all of the EQ profiles in my device to find a sweet spot. And finally, the capacitive touch control sounded so sexy when I first read about these phones, but after using them and further reflection I’ve come to the conclusion, nah, not such a good idea. You see, to use touch control on a device you don’t really look at, you need to have contours. This is the whole principle behind braille. The Revos don’t have any contours, just like the screen on your smartphone. But, unlike your smartphone you don’t look at the Revos when using them. In theory it sounds clever, but in practice it’s quite frustrating and you’ll find yourself, more often than not, touching the wrong place at the wrong time (no pun intended) making you use your device to control the headphones.

My recommendation? Save your quatloos, get the Sennheisers and don’t look in the mirror.
33 comments78 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2014
A few weeks ago I decided to cut the last cable remaining on my desk (beside my laptop’s and display’s power cords) and look for a pair of bluetooth headphones. I’ve been looking to switch to bluetooth headphones for a while, but only now I feel price and quality reached a decent balance. After reading a tons of reviews I settled on the Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones.
After using them for a couple of weeks I decided to share some of my thoughts.

Pros

Design: really modern and clean. The Jabra REVO are the type of headphones you can wear around the city or at the office without feeling like you are wearing some huge studio headphones with bright blue lights (why do manufactures always think that bluetooth devices need super bright always on and blinking blue lights?)
Sound quality: I’m not an audiophile, but I really liked the way these headphones sound. They are comparable to my corded V-Moda LP2.
Touch controls: very intuitive touch controls on both sides.
Construction: these headphones are definitely sturdy and built with quality materials.
Multipoint sync: the Jabra REVO can sync to two devices (i.e. your laptop and your iPhone) and they automatically switch to the playing device. This is great because often at the office I need to switch between Rdio on my laptop and Swell on my iPhone.

Cons

Comfort: it may be because I haven’t the smallest ears, but after a couple of hours of wearing these headphones I’m literally in pain and I need to take a break from them. I usually use over-the-ear headphones and these are on-the-ear so this problem could not be related to this specific model of headphones.
Case not included: at this price range I would expect a more sturdy case than just the pouch these headphones come with.
Poor sound isolation: again this problem is probably related to the over-the-ear design, but I work in an open space and sound isolation is a key factor for me.

While these headphones aren’t exactly cheap at $186, they are not as expensive as the ugly Bose AE2w ($250) or the Parrot Zik ($350). If you don’t have problems with on-the-ear headphones, I highly suggest them. Sadly, I’m going to return mine since I usually wear my headphones several hours per day I really can’t stand the on-the-ear design.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 25, 2013
I've used a lot of different kinds of headphones. I love music, and listen to it at work, at home, on travel, etc. I've used budget corded (Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black)), designer corded (iLuv ReF, Deep Bass On-Ear Headphones with Canvas Fabric Exterior for Apple iPad / iPhone / iPod - Black), and fairly basic wireless (Philips SHB9100/28 Bluetooth Stereo Headset), earbuds of various types... you get the picture.

Without question, THESE ARE THE BEST HEADPHONES I'VE EVER USED. They represent a pretty substantial initial investment, but the impressive audio, quality of build, stylish looks, and solid functionality make these an excellent purchase, in my opinion.

***UPDATE*** Jabra claims 12 hours of battery life when streaming music, and I'm inclined to agree. I didn't keep strict track of the time I've had these on, but I took them on a long run, then listened/standby all day at work, then used them a little more at home this week and they're still going. So... if you remember to charge these after a day or two of heavy use, you should never run out of juice.

CONSTRUCTION / FEEL: these are great for those of us who still have that "heavier = quality" mentality with our consumer electronics. These headphones aren't really heavy, but they are SOLID. The frame is of anodized aluminum and feels very sturdy, but still trim and contemporary. The aluminum chassis goes the full length of the headband, making it bendable -- something you won't find in other, more plastic-y headsets. The ear cups themselves just cover the ear (more than the iLuv headphones I linked above) and have just the right of cushion to feel like they envelop and cushion your ears without feeling squishy or puffy. The cushioning on the ear cups, as well as the inside of the headband, is a satiny/rubber type of material and is comfortable and classy at the same time. The aluminum arms holding the ear cups can slide in/out to adjust to head sizes. Another nice feature is that the arms can be folded in for added portability. Another minor sidenote -- the 3.5mm audio jack and USB-to-micro-USB cords included in the package are super nice, wires sheathed in braided fiber for durability and stylishness. A nice touch. Heck -- even the packaging is top-notch and super solid.

AUDIO QUALITY: I'd say the audio quality on these headphones is the best I've experienced. Now, I'm sure I haven't tested all of the 'best' headphones in the world, but I've owned quite a few, and this is set is definitely the best -- wireless/corded, in-ear/over-ear, or otherwise, this beats them all. Vocals and treble instrumentals are crisp and clear without being tinny. Bass is full -- shockingly so, given that this is a relatively small, wireless headset (more compact than the Beats headphones you see people wearing nowadays). *** NOTE *** at first, I found the volume on this headset to be underwhelming, even when I'd turned my phone's volume to full. Then I realized these headphones have their OWN volume controls, on the right earpiece. By turning that up I realized these would go way louder than I could ever really desire. My favorite thing about the audio properties of the headphones -- besides the way music sounds on them -- is that they're great at cancelling out background noise. No, these don't totally swallow your ears like larger headphones, but they do a great job nonetheless. Much better than any other headphones I've used, though the iLuv come fairly close and do admirably for their smaller size.

FUNCTIONALITY: these will do it all. Bluetooth means you can use these to listen to music wirelessly from your phone, tablet, or computer. A built-in mic means you can use these on phone calls or online chat. A 3.5mm jack means you can convert these to corded, and a micro-USB jack means you can charge these while listening, if you desire. The left ear cup has an NFC chip, so for those with NFC-enabled phones (like me), all you have to do is tap your phone to the earpiece and they'll sync up immediately. A cool, modern touch. The right ear cup has a touch-sensitive outer 'wheel' like an ipod... clockwise motions increase volume, while counter clockwise decrease. Double-tapping the forward edge skips forward, double-tapping the back skips back a song. On both ear cups, the center of the outside is a multi-function button allowing you to pause/play music and answer/hangup a phone call. Awesome. Syncing is a breeze, simply hold the power button 'ON' and a tone chimes on the earpiece, notifying you it's ready to sync. My phone detected it and synced before this chime had even finished. To me, the all-in-one design of this unit is pretty mind blowing. It's crazy how far technology has come.

OVERALL: I've read that Jabra isn't really a big name in consumer audio... they'd specialized in telephone accessories, but not in audiophile type stuff. I think this headset marks a new, ambitious direction for them and it also sets a new standard (in my experience, at least) for consumer audio headsets. From their solid construction, great audio quality, and simple-yet-functional features, I see myself using these for years to come. AWESOME. 5 stars, and I'd rate them higher if I could.

***added note*** I took these running. I NEVER listened to music running, even though I have earbuds, but decided to give these a shot as a sort of stretch test. It really impresses me that these are constructed/designed so well that they easily stay on your head/ears through twenty minutes of repetitive jarring/jiggling during a run. Truly amazing -- the Philips headphones I linked at the top of this review would slide off repeatedly even doing something as simple as picking weeds in the yard while I listened to tunes. So I guess these headphones will probably be changing the way I do lawn work as well. I wouldn't suggest wearing these running -- even though you can -- because they do cancel outside noise quite effectively and it might be a little dangerous if you can't hear cars/bikes coming up on you. But, that's your call.

***another note*** I downloaded the special Jabra app to enable the Dolby sound. Activation requires a special code enclosed with the headset, so be careful if you're buying these used. The Dolby app was cool, and sound did seem somewhat 'richer', but I suspect it was just a prepackaged equalizer utility and can be recreated using the 'premium' features of existing mobile audio apps. I opted not to stay with the Jabra app, as for some reason it wouldn't let me skip around within a track; trying to do so simply reset the song. Perhaps they'll patch it in the future. Also -- I use Winamp, which allows me to stream wirelessly from my PC as well as wirelessly sync. Naturally, I use it to play music too. While the Jabra app / Dolby sound is active, I can't use Winamp. So -- I decided not to use the Dolby app. Up to y'all weather you do or not. Also, I use an Android phone (Galaxy SIII) so I'm not sure whether or not the Jabra app works better for iPhones.
55 comments79 of 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2013
=== What's Awesome ===
These are, simply put, the best Bluetooth "can" headphones I have ever used. I regularly use a Jaybird Bluebuds X at the gym, but dislike the "earbud" style for anything other than working out where I need lightweight headphones.

I am not an "audiophile", so this review should be considered by an "average" listener.

The sound quality on these headphones is impeccable. You would almost swear you weren't using bluetooth when using them. Sound quality is much improved when using the Jabra iOS application that enables the Dolby support of the headphones with your music library.

Pairing of the headphones was dead simple. First I paired my phone, a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone. To pair the Lumia, I simply held the phone next to my head with the headphones on until the phone beeped, then I hit "pair" and it was done. Next I paired by iPad, which was also extremely simple in relation to other headphones I have used in the past. Rather than utilizing a single button to try to do everything, these have a dedicated power and pairing "slider" which allows you to simply hold until in discovery mode, then pair on the device. Pairing to the iPad literally took less than thirty seconds.

Bass sound on the headphones is good; it is not overly thumpy like other bluetooth headphones I have used. High end bluetooth headsets to me have always felt like they have a "flat" sound. These do not, the sound feels much richer than you would expect over a limited Bluetooth connection. There is a good treble sound, and does not feel washed out. As someone who uses Bose QC15s regularly for train and plane travel, I find the sound on the Jabra Revos to be much cleaner and what I feel is a better reproduction of the artist's original intent.

Sound isolation is very good. While there isn't 'noise cancellation' per se like Bose, but it closes out enough sound to feel isolated within the music, which is a good thing.

The controls on the side were very intuitive. The idea of simply 'rotating' on a touchpad to turn down volume brought back fond memories of my old non-touch screen iPods I dearly miss because I could always control them without looking at a screen. A double tap on the left or right of the touchpad allowed me to navigate tracks back and forth within the existing playlist.

=== Product Gaps ===
The headphones are not perfect, and there are a couple of areas I would love to see Jabra improve in the future. First, there is a button to activate the Jabra app on your device, either iOS or Android. This felt unnecessary and overkill; instead, I would have loved this button to activate Siri so I could queue up additional playlists or songs by voice, or to ask Siri a question.

The other gap is the iOS app, which is absolutely terrible. While the sound quality with the 'dolby' sounds awesome, it also causes massive amounts of skipping, and navigating the albums is extremely slow. It is unable to download any music from the iTunes Match cloud, which means if it isn't on my iPad I can't use the song in the app. I've pretty much given up on the app for now.

These are two things that I believe they could fix with a firmware and software update, so I am hopeful these headphones will receive these updates to make them 'perfect'.

=== Summary ===
The headphones are a good buy, but Jabra has some work to do on the software. They are definitely a good buy with great sound and only minor issues which are easy to pass aside. Best bluetooth cans I have tried to date.
44 comments15 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2014
This is a video review from my YouTube Channel

First to give you some context, I have tested and listened to many, many different bluetooth headphones such as: Sony MDR-1RBT, Beats, Parrot Zik, SoundBot SB240/SB270, Avantree Jogger/Hive/Audition, Bluedio Model R, AF32, Creative WP-350/WP-450, Motorola S305, Rokit Boost by Swage, GoGroove Headbands, Photive BTH3 and so on. So I have a real good idea of what you generally get sound, comfort and feature wise at different price points.

For the money, this truly is the complete package of excellent features, sound quality and comfort.

In my video review you'll see me talk about:

1. Sound Quality
2. Comfort
3. Call Quality
4. Features

These are the perfect all-purpose bluetooth pair of headphones. They look great, they have exceptional build quality, there are loads of cool features including the ability to use them as wired headphones and they sound fantastic! You can even fold them up for portable use (as shown in video).

Often times headphones are great with 2 out of the 3 categories of sound quality, comfort and features. But these are one of those rare items that is excellent with all three! Unless you're looking to spend over $200, these are one of the best bluetooth headphones you can get at or around this price point.

ENJOY the video!

PS - You should totally subscribe to my YouTube Channel youtu.be/Kc8QsE0rwm8
11 comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2014
So I own the very expensive noise-reducing BOSE headphones which I always keep in their HARDY case and have only used them minimally in the last couple years, in my apartment, while working on art and maybe on 3 plane rides during their lifetime. They are almost disintegrated at this point - and although still working I discovered that BOSE uses very cheap material that does not hold up very long. Also the annoyingly long BOSE cord gets caught and tangled on everything in sight and is utterly annoying. Another pair of in-ear BOSE ear pieces I bought several years ago which were very pricey also, stopped working months after my purchase. Since I'm having a hard time trusting their over priced products now - as I recently went on a search for some Bluetooth Headphones I visually saw and tried on the BOSE Bluetooth Headphones at BEST BUY; you can quickly see that they look cheap and of course have an inflated price tag, which I now know is usual.

Word is from 90% of the peeps I spoke with in stores is that Dre's headphones are more hype than anything else; so I decided to give the JABRA Bluetooth Stereo Headphones (Amazon) a go because while I was internet hunting for a pair that were wireless the online reviews about the JABRA stuck out like they were the Bentley of Bluetooth headphones. One guy wrote such a great article (review) that I started to tear up at how wonderful these priceless gems were - and at a stiff punch-in-the-lip ($200) price tag I figured that I had found the holy grail. When I initially received them I picked a song that I could listen to the sound quality between my "wired" noise-reducing BOSE and the Bluetooth Jabra. Shockingly I liked the sound on the Jabra's more! At last the reviewers had it correct!! So why the 2 star review?

The negative came after wearing them around my apartment for 20 minutes. My ears were sore, which is strange because the material on the actual earpiece is very subtle and soft but I still experienced a sore feeling after taking them off. The next day I put them on again, not leaving my apartment and this is where the epic fail stuck out like a sore thumb, better yet it stuck out like a sore ear. The headphones would not, could not and DID NOT - stay on my head. Let me make this clear, I am a normal sized man and I mean I measure as close to a normal size as you can get and the headphones while bending over to pick up a pillow would slide off my head. For the next few days I would try them in 10 minute intervals and then I actually started to get really pissed off. I mean if you think you're going to work out or better yet even if you think you're going to bend over to pet your dog Lassie - chances are they will not stay on your head. All of a sudden my BOSE with the annoying-ass cord and the cheap material and the inferior sound, became all-of-a-sudden BETTER.

It's possible you may have a different experience but for $200 the one thing that I want the Headphones to do is stay on my skull. The Amazon seller took them back no-prob and I'm not disappointed I gave them a try. I imagine some reviewers that write articles in magazines can be listening for the bass and the treble while they're sitting at their desk, but if they get up off their ass... LOOK OUT.

So the frustration I had by just trying to wear them around a very small space while walking on egg shells and them refusing to stay on my dome, they should be valued at half the price in my opinion. My search continues...
22 comments18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 11, 2014
Based on my wonderful experience with the wired REVO headphones, I bought this product again as a wireless version. I've had the wired REVO for 2 years now and love it, using it on an almost daily basis. In cold weather, the headphones double as earmuffs. The only issue I had was an occasional snag on a chair or someone's bag during crowded commutes that would rip my iPhone violently out of my pocket and send it crashing onto the floor. I wanted the peace of mind of freedom from wires and snagging.

This product shares the exact same performance characteristics (very bassy) and design with its wired cousin, with some small cosmetic differences. For this one, only the left ear has a 3.5mm port. The right side has a micro-USB port for charging and connecting to a computer. Like the wired version, this one can also be daisy chained so multiple listeners can listen together, however, this does not work when you are operating wirelessly. (You can't connect this over Bluetooth to your phone as the master then connect another REVO to it via an audio cable. For shared listening, all headphones have to be connected via wires).

Pairing is very easy and you only have to do it once. For the iPhone 4S, which doesn't have NFC, you have to key in the passcode (0000). After that, you can turn the headphones on and off at any time. When you turn the REVO back on, it will automatically connect to the phone if Bluetooth is on. You'll hear audible confirmation ("Connected") and a blue LED under the shell will blink. The internal lithium batteries last a LONG time. I charged it about 2 weeks ago and use it for 2-3 hours each day or every other day, with it still reporting 75% or more on the battery meter. On the headphones themselves, a green LED will blink once. It'll turn red when low and blink when critically low.

I love the gestures-based "turn-table" controls because I don't have to take out my phone to control the music. Touch the right ear and drag it clockwise or counter-clockwise to increase/decrease volume. Double tap on the front of the ear cup to advance track, on the back to previous track. I feel like a secret agent when I do this on the train. The tapping isn't perfect though, and it's usually hit or miss. Sometimes I intend to skip a track and it goes back to the beginning of the song. Note also that only the right ear cup controls volume and playback. The left ear controls calls.

I don't love the multi-function center button.. Press once to toggle play/pause (right ear), twice to redial the last number. I want to be able to disable or remap this because I sometimes double tap by accident and I don't want to be calling someone back. I can't imagine ever using redial that much for it to be such a prominent control. 2 cords are included for when you do want wired operations. When wired, the touch controls do not work. You have to use the controls on the wire. You can also connect to your computer via USB micro for charging and listening. On my Windows 7 laptop, it took a few seconds for Windows to recognize the device and after that, it's just plug and play. Again, once wired, the headphones lose all touch gesture ability.

Overall, this is an excellent pair of wireless headphones. I love the freedom of being able to walk around without a cord dangling from my head, especially when I'm cooking for doing chores. I can leave my phone on the table and walk around my apartment freely. You can move up to about 30 ft away before being out of Bluetooth's range.