4.0 out of 5 stars Neat device but does not support multipoint
This is a really cool device.

I got one for my wife so she could answer and talk on the phone without looking for her headset and turning it on.

Product works as advertised, and in fact has a number of novel features.

The only "Con" is that it does not support a 2 phone household. It can only be paired to a single phone. It does not...
Published on October 6, 2008 by Omar Shahine

1.0 out of 5 stars FM mode doesn't work as advertised
I purchased this device so that I could listen to my music from my Blackberry Pearl on my car stereo. The concept for the device is good. It's sleek and fits well on the visor. My phone recognized the device and they paired right away. I had the device for 2 weeks and used it almost everyday before I returned it.

The device has two modes: speaker and FM...
Published on January 2, 2009 by Syracuse Skier

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars solid item, but could be better, December 5, 2008
This review is from: Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Speakerphone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is an OK product but it could be better. Use as a speakerphone is good. Sound quality is ok for both listener and speaker. setup is easy and battery life is very good.
Listening to callers via FM is difficult as the tone is VERY low and bass-heavy. this could be a function of my radio or phone - but you can save about $40 by going w/ the cheaper version that does not support FM broadcast. In my setting the FM is almost unusable.
There are several annoying user-interface complaints. There is no way to control volume (or at least one that works) on the speakerphone.
The controls are awkward - and turning the FM on and off is hard to do while driving. The DC power jack is right next to the +/- button so that either the cord or the port-cover interferes w/ operation.
The confirmation 'voice' when turning FM on is disruptive - it re-confirms the frequency when activating FM - interrupting your call for quite a few seconds.
All in all a solid product, but needs work before it becomes excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, December 31, 2008
I have an LG Dare from Verizon that I use as a phone, a music player, and as a GPS. The Jabra speakerphone is exactly what I was looking for.

My car does not have an auxiliary input, nor does it have a cassette player, therefore the only way I can play music over the speakers is through an FM transmitter. I have a vent mount(Navman PIN Car Vent Holder - Gomadic Brand) for my phone so that I can use it easier while I'm driving. The problem with the GPS (VZ Navigator) is that you can not listen to music and navigate at the same time. This has it's own speaker so that the navigation can come from it while I can listen to cd through my stereo.

When I want to use the LG Dare as a music player, the FM transmitter works great. I really like the fact that it will automatically find a clear station for you. The transmitter is loud and clear. When someone calls, you just press the Jabra and the music pauses. People tell me that I sound loud and clear when using the speakerphone. I can also use my phone's voice commands with just the press of a button to call others. I have used other FM transmitters (Scosche Digital FM Transmitter and USB Charger) and have returned them. This one is the only one that worked. I have a bluetooth ear piece, but if you really want to drive hands free, you have keep it in your ear the whole time.

The best part... no cables. The bluetooth works flawlessly, and can easily be switched to multiple phones. Another huge benefit was the it comes with a micro USB cable (the same one that is used to chaged my phone!), and a universal USB car charger.

The only complaint (although fairly minor) is that the buttons for the volume and FM capability are a little to small to use while driving. This really only becomes an issue if you need to change the FM station.

I would highly recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jabra SP 700, October 17, 2008
The device works OK. A little bit of static on both ends but usable. I find it very difficult to turn the power on and even more difficult to get the device to power down. They should have spent the extra 25 cents to put in an on/off switch instead of trying to use the answer button for dual purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product with some limitations, November 18, 2009
I've been using the product for about a month now and overall I am pleased with it. The size and design of the product are great--you barely even notice it on the sun visor of the car. It takes a little time to figure out where to press for certain functions since there are not obvious buttons for many of the functions. Rather you have to press the smooth face of the unit in a different area for power on/off and initiating/ending a call, etc. Initial set up and connection with my Blackberry Storm were simple and I had no problems at all. Sound quality for phone conversations is fine and I've been told that it is good on the other end as well. I would not recommend anyone use it to listen to music through the unit itself. When channeled through your car stereo via the FM transmitter sound quality is just fine--as long as you can get a clear FM frequency on which to transmit. This can be a challenge, especially when driving in more metropolitan areas. For whatever reason, the unit will not transmit below 88.1 MHz so using the normal default of 87.9MHz for this type of application is not possible. The "search" feature to find a new frequency is nice and the unit will use the entire FM spectrum. My biggest complaint about the product is that manually attempting to find a new frequency using the +/- rocker button is tedious. The unit will cycle through frequencies at 0.1MHz increments--including the even increments. So if you start getting some static on, say, 88.3MHz and you want to try 88.5MHz, you have to cycle through 88.4MHz to get there. I have never seen a car radio that will tune to frequencies such as 88.4MHz, 88.6MHz etc. Perhaps some newer car audio systems can tune to these even frequencies, but my factory installed system on a 2005 Subaru does not nor any other vehicle I've been in.

In the grand scheme the frequency adjustment is a minor issue. Overall, I've found this to be a good quality product that has allowed me to get my hands "free" in the car and provided a good means to listen to my digital music collection while driving. I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, March 30, 2009
Paul (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
Works OK in the car when placed exactly where they recommend it and used with built-in speaker. When I tried to put somewhere else in my car, the other side reported noticeable sound quality degradation. Using FM link to car radio presented some dilemma. If I place device, where Jabra recommends it (on the driver side visor), then the sound that comes out of my FM radio is fairly noisy. Tuning to a different FM frequency didn't help. I could find another location in my car where my sound would be good, but then, as I mentioned before, the other side would complain about sound quality. I tried 2 devices and both had the same issue. I'm not sure if this is Jabra problem or my car(Accord) radio problem, as I didn't try it in another car.

4.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT FOR ME, February 12, 2009
I'm not sure why anyone would buy this for other reason than handsfree cell phone use. For that function it is perfect for me.

My phone is a simple LG Env2. It synced up instantly and completely. I was using it in about 2 minutes out of the package. I didn't charge it first as suggested, but I did right after!

The speaker and sound is clear and crisp, and with plenty of volume, which is adjustable. Whether I use the FM feature is in doubt. It works perfect the way it is.

This item would be 5 stars as far as I am concerned, but the instructions are so bad, for new users it would be difficult to set up

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who don't want to use an earpiece, February 3, 2009
I live in CA which has a hands free law so I knew I needed a handsfree device, but I didn't want an earpiece for various reasons. (looking silly was one of them.) I did a lot of online research for speakerphones before deciding on this one. I have been very pleased since it arrived. I have had it 1 month and have yet to recharge it. It gets used every day for about 10-20 min at a time. I did my 2 hour initial charge from my computer's USB Port. The profile is very slim so it's not in your view while driving. The indicator lights, as well, are not distracting. They can be turned off at night if desired through a night mode. The microphone is exceptional. I don't have to raise my voice at all or lift my head to direct my voice. I can talk as if the person is in the car with me. I don't need to lower the radio volume, the person on the other end can't hear the music or the road noise. The speaker is loud enough that I can hear over my son when he screams. My only complaint: The American English voice is too harsh for my tastes. They need a new voice model for that mode.

Bottom Line: Great product, highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Microphone, April 21, 2009
Elias G. (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
My wife's bluetooth headset stopped working and she didn't really want another one. I didn't want her driving around without some sort of handsfree device, so we figured this would be a good compromise. I read most of the reviews for this product and was very excited. I really wanted this to work well, too.

Unfortunately, the microphone on the device is not very good. She mounted the device on the center of the sun visor right in front of her face. When we would talk on the phone, i could barely hear her (and she's not soft-spoken). The few times we used it, she basically had to resort to almost yelling for me to hear her properly.

Otherwise, like all Jabra products it was built solidly, looked great, and was very easy/straightforward.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great simple product, May 13, 2009
nanusdad (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
Worked exactly as stated in the description.

Real simple setup - connects to my iPhone everytime without any intervention. Speaker is loud and clear - persons on the other end of the call do not even now that I am using a speaker phone. I don't use it heavily and the charge lasted almost a month.

The range is quite good, I parked close to the window at a coffee shop and when I got a call I could not hear anything - then I realized that the phone actually was still connected to the Jabra speaker.

iPhone does not have still A2DP - would really like to try voice dialing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Such high hopes..., February 6, 2009
I'll keep it short. It simply was unacceptable with my Samsung i760 Windows Mobile phone. To me it sounded perfect, but the caller heard their voice every time no matter how it was adjusted. I had the volume all the way down, ran it through FM, selected headset only, etc. I tried everything because on MY side it was perfect. I bought 2 units from Costco and had to return them. It is not compatible with the Treo 700p. BOTH units echoed the voice of the person on the other end.

It could just be a quirk with the i760, I wanted to love it. I really did.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›