Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 4, 2008
Jack Canfield is best known for being a cocreator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, but prior to reading this book, I thought his best work was "The Success Principles: How to Get from Where you Are to Where you Want to Be." I still think that's a great book, but what I like better about this new book he co-wrote with D.D. Watkins is that it gives you everything you need to know in 138 pages, rather than the 473 pages in his Success Principles book! Brevity is good!

The authors begin by explaining the "law of attraction," which has become more popular since the DVD movie "The Secret" was released. They then note that, put simply, the law says you will attract into your life whatever you focus on (good or bad).

They go on to explain how the conscious and subconscious mind work, and note you can use techniques like affirmations, visualization, prayer, contemplation and meditation, gratitude and appreciation and the use of positive focus techniques to connect with your subconscious mind. They then expound on each of these techniques.

The authors indicate that, since whatever you focus on expands, you shouldn't allow yourself to entertain any limiting thoughts or beliefs. They then coach us on how to avoid doing that. They also provide worksheets to help set goals and come up with a dream list, and introduce the concept of a vision book and a gratitude journal.

The book concludes with a list of 24 items that provide the key to unlocking the law of attraction and creating the life of your dreams.

This is a great guide for living, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to improve their life!
22 comments| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2008
A Powerful Guide to Deliberate Creation of Your Life

I've read the most powerful books on the Law of Attraction available on the market today, including The Secret, but I still had some questions unanswered. Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction answered them fully. It also provides practical worskheets that move you into taking action.

I highly recommend this book to anyone serious about deliberatly creating their future.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2008
If you want results, this book cuts to the chase! Jack Canfield has distilled the most powerful principles in the universe into the most practical users guide possible. "You are what you think about all day long". This masterpiece shows you how to take charge of your internal super-computer once and for all. Put this book to work for you and change your life forever!
I have read many books on the subject of the Law of Attraction. I have also studied the Secret video and book, and What the Bleep. Each and every one of these books and DVD's have contributed in some way to my growth as a person. My life has improved because of them.

Jack Canfield's book, for me, is much more than a rehash of the same statements. It spoke to me so clearly that after skimming several pages in a bookstore, I immediately purchased it without waiting to find a special sale or pick up a used copy. For me, that is a statement beyond any other!

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. For me, at this particular moment in time, Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction is that teacher, and I highly recommend that you check it out, yourself.
on January 10, 2008
Ever since watching the "Secret Video" I have been hoping
that a book would come out explaining how to use the law of attraction in my own life.

This book provides this in a very practical and comprehensive way.
My especially like the fact that they have provided charts and lists that
can be filled out by the reader, marking this book as each persons personal journey. I am really looking forward to using the Gratitude Journal and the Vision Books as tools to make these concepts an everyday part of my life.
on January 14, 2008
Jack Canfield is masterful at bringing ideas together and boiling them down into digestible, bite-size nuggets. This little, easy-to-read book is packed with great ideas about how to use the Law of Attraction to create the life of your dreams.

The book provides powerful questions as well as worksheet space for your answers. It also teaches you how to use affirmations, visualization, gratitude, prayer and meditation, and daily rituals as powerful Law of Attraction tools. I love the tear-out "Key to Unlocking the Law of Attraction" - a reminder list of activities or ways of being for those ready to attract their dream life.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is ready to step into the authentic life that you were put here on Earth to live. I also love Jack's "The Success Principles," although that takes quite a bit more time to read. This book is a quick read with a powerful punch! Much of the value is in filling out the worksheets, so I encourage others to allow time for that and then get ready to experience the transformation that will follow!
on January 14, 2008
Super busy? Doing your part to keep up with the daily demands of a business and the emotional demands of coaching athletes? This book is for YOU! I was able to read this book on a flight from LA to Salt Lake. I then shared my thoughts on this book with a stranger on the next flight, passed it off to one of my employees in a Monday staff meeting, and quoted Jack three times in one practice. Must of been good.

It's a yet another stoke of genious. "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." ~Albert Einstein If you don't believe me, do a simple cost analysis. Time & money invested vs. rate of return = guarenteed success. Read for yourself, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! START NOW.
on January 14, 2008
The key to realizing the abundance of the universe, to attract what you need into your life is to Take Action. Jack Canfield, one of the Masters in the movie The Secret is an authority on creating the daily habits that you need to become successful. In Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction, jack teaches you how to come from love and abundance to build the life that you desire.
If you've seen the movie but worry you still don't quite "get" The Secret, buy this book and do what it says. Your freinds and family will notice a difference in you and you will have the confidence that you are aligned with the universe to create the life that you desire. You can change your life and this book is the key to the mysteries described in The Secret.
Rick DiBiasio CFP (R),
Author: The Affluent Artist(TM)
on May 14, 2008
Applying knowledge is the most important piece of learning to me. In Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams, he provides background on the law of attraction and explains how it works. However, the best piece is that he gives many tools and ideas for how people can apply the law of attraction to their lives. All if this is accomplished with straight forward language and a concise writing style. High School students could read the book and be able to immediately understand how to apply the principles.

There is a big difference between understanding theories and taking the action steps of applying theories. Its likely that many people read something, get excited, but then do not act. Jack provided sections in the book where he inspires the reader to write down goals and affirmations. This provides immediate opportunities for applying the principles.

I work with clients who are very busy and consistently tell me that they do not have time to read. This book fits in perfectly for people who want someone to "get to the point".

If you complete the exercises while reading through the book, you will complete the book feeling more focused with your thoughts.
on March 10, 2008
Years ago, near broke and searching for success, I had the opportunity to attend a week long workshop in which Jack Canfield was one of the instructors. It was one of the best things I had ever experienced and I am living proof that the law of attraction really works... No, I mean REALLY WORKS. I loved this book precisely because it was so simple. Jack has hit a home run with this one by taking a somewhat complex philosophy and made it extremely understandable. Thanks, Jack, for bringing all the key points back to me in such a nice form. I will be buying a dozen or more copies for friends and associates because this is such a good format. If you will only complete the exercises and intensely study the principles you will get it, too!