Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Price:$6.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 23, 2011
I did not have the same experience as the other reviewer not even close. The chips do come a little wet and when you open the box the aroma of Jack Daniels is pretty strong. I did not see any bugs in the packaging or on the box either. They made my steaks taste pretty amazing and had a decent amount of smoke from them as well. I would definitely buy again and I would recommend them to a friend.
on November 11, 2015
This is probably one of my favorite woods for smoking. I went kind of nuts after buying a smoker and have tried a variety of woods, including some of the more exotic woods (it was a really fun sampler!). I use this easily twice as much as other types. The bourbon soaked wood gives such an amazing flavor, especially for some cold and cooler temp smoked items. I will also use this to smoke sea salt (the Maldon flakes or another pyramid salt take smoke very well) to use as a finishing salt for steaks or other foods. WAY better than purchased smoked salts.

I've ordered a few times and never had the issue someone mentioned with hitchhikers. Or if they were there they were all drunk and sleeping.

I also tried other brands of bourbon wood (Jim Beam as well as another 'generic' brand) after I enjoyed this one so much, and found them lacking in comparison to the Jack Daniels. Where this wood is just saturated with bourbon, you'll almost get a contact high opening the bag the first time, the others simply weren't. They were dry and only had a light scent of bourbon.
on August 4, 2015
In Culinary school we just used basic wood chips to smoke our food. When smoking at home I wanted to try something with a little flavor/scent to it. I then purchased these chips and I was blown away by the flavor it gave the Brisket I was smoking. I will be using these chips a lot and I will be purchasing more in the future!
on October 8, 2013
Great item. Love the smoky flavor these chips bring to the table. Used the. For smoking a Brisket and the family lived it.
on January 28, 2016
These wood chips smoke perfectly in our electric smoker and imbue the meat with just a hint of that wonderful Jack Daniels flavor throughout. I worried that our ribs would taste too much like alcohol, but that wasn't the case at all. These wood chips make some seriously delicious smoked meats! I highly recommend them.
on August 17, 2012
Great product - gave chicken a great taste.
No ants hitch-hiked with it during delivery (another review had that problem).
This week I saw exactly the same product for sale in 2 local shops at a cheaper price. One at $5.99.
on May 23, 2016
These have been my secret bbq weapon for years. 75% these chips 25% standard hickory or applewood.

I have never had a bug or too soggy to work chip in any of my bags.

When opening it does have the distinct JD aroma, which I personally cannot stand, however the process of smoking meat with these chips produces a great flavor on the meat that is nowhere near as strong or over powering. It is the key ingredient to any smoked meat without being too overpowering or annoying of a flavor.
on January 8, 2016
Bought these to use with my v-shape smoker box that I use on my gas grill and loved the taste these chips gave to my smoked turkey that I bought another bag to make sure I always have a good stock of these on hand. The chips imparted a smoky taste that was pretty neutral unlike a hickory which can be overwhelming or the wrong flavor for certain occasions. They smell very strongly of whiskey but I didn't notice a whiskey flavor on the smoked turkey I cooked in my gas grill.
on June 9, 2014
I absolutely love these chips. I haven't had any insects or anything that others have reported. Once you open this bag you are greeting with an intense smell of Jack Daniels whiskey. Everyone is always very impressed when I tell them to smell the bag. A few handfuls of these added slowly to your smoker will fill your meats with a wonderful flavor. I've used these on some pork baby back ribs and they were fantastic. I will definitely be buying these again, and I would definitely recommend these to a friend.
CONS: none!
review image review image review image
on June 11, 2015
Absolutely the best I've found so far. They actually have a smell to them and people have noticed the difference in my BBQ meat. Some of the other smoking chips that I've ordered have no smell to them at all so I'm not sure what good it is to use them. Jack Daniel's smoking chips have a very strong smell to them and you know that using them will make the difference in your BBQ as soon as you open the bag.