Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jack Frost (Remastered Deluxe Edition)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on January 17, 2005
I am a grown woman but have a soft spot for this movie. I could watch it everyday till the day I die and never get sick of it. The soundtrack I even like. Micheal Keaton is amazing in everything. I must warn you though, bring the tissues. I cry like a baby during this movie. It's sad. A struggling musician who dies when his son Charlie is 11 on christmas. Then a year later things are hard for Charlie and Gab (the wife). Jack (the dad) comes back as a snowman and freaks Charlie out. It gives a good message. You can always talk to someone when they're in your heart. Never let go of that. One of my personal favorites.
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 1999
This movie is a bit of a departure for Michael Keaton.. 1. It's a family movie, that younger kids will really click to. 2. Michael Keaton also sings a few tunes in his rock band, I found that a biut interesting.
The whole story revolves around a Father, and his son. The father never has enough time for his child,, and dies suddenly in a car wreck. Michael Keaton come back to Earth as a Snowman, and find that he has to spend some time with his boy. Winter doesn't last forever though, and it does have a sad ending.
on December 22, 2004
I loved this movie. My dad just died two months ago and this is the first time I've seen this movie. Tomorrow I'm going out and build a snowman, play my harmonica, and pray that my dad comes back as a snowman. I miss him.
on November 25, 1999
"Jack Frost" is truly a classical family movie for our time. It's the sotry about a Dad (Michael Keaton) who gets killed in a car accident. One year later, his spirit returns in the form of a lovable snowman. While during his lifetime, he was always busy, and just didn't make time to be with his son, now as the snowman he makes a final attempt to let his son know that he really loved him, and that he'll be always with him in his heart. It's good to see that Hollywood can still produce movies that touch the heart and that are enjoyable entertainment for the whole family. Don't forget to keep a box of Kleenex near by.
on December 3, 2013
My dad was thee exact same way! Music was his #1 priority, I was 3rd, (women were 2nd). He didn't die, but he might as well have. The last time I saw him, I was 8 years old & it was Christmas Eve. I've watched this movie every year around Christmas time since I can remember! Not just because it's a good flick, but because I can relate! I mean even the little things, like the fact that the dad has a chubby music buddy & that the mom's a blonde, it's just more similarities! A must see for thee entire family & anyone whose experienced a similar life!
on January 20, 2014
A master class in filmmaking. The crown-jewel of the late-90s dead-father-as-snow-men genre.

This movie transports you a wondrous place - a place where internal logic and the motivational coherence of its characters mere vestiges - trappings of your sad, normative in movie-going.

Jack Frost is the real deal. ART, man.

Some Questions: If you came back from the dead as a snowman, would you hide your ghastly, horrific visage from the public?
Or would you simply wander round town; an albatross to both your son's psychological well-being and social life?
Would you try and get in touch with your widow, to console, to care, to perhaps reconcile for your absence?
Or would you spend virtually all of your post-mortem, almost-definitely limited time on teaching your unappreciative kid a cool hockey trick?
After re-materializing and opening up several existential quandaries as this icy golem: do you stay with your still-traumatized family to help nurse the wounds of your untimely demise, or attempt in any way to make up for lost time?
Or do you completely & arbitrarily exit AGAIN from their lives - this time with seemingly no impetus - leaving only a series of incoherent behavioral questions in your wake?
Would you explain to anyone where or what you've been for a year, to assuage humanity's spectral terror of death and what-lies-after?
DO YOU ADDRESS UN-BEING AND NOTHINGNESS?

No. You are Jack Frost. You Da Man. You Da SNOWman.
on November 28, 2014
Michael Keaton dies in a car accident and his soul is inexplicably sent into the body of a snowman. The changing of the seasons is presumed to mark the death knell of this newly reanimated Keaton, but there are cold enough places that he probably could have lived within indefinitely. A walk-in freezer, or a mountain top hideaway. But no, this movie is about Keaton having to apologize to his son for being good at his job, and apparently not loving his family enough. It's not clear whether or not any of this is true, but he must make amends within an artificial timeframe. Keaton attempts to accomplish this through various awkward snowman hijinks that will probably entertain children but will either bore parents or send their thoughts into bleak existential worry about, for instance, what it means when he begins to melt. Are those his innards? Does it hurt? Why am I thinking so hard about this dumb movie? Frosty the Snowman is a better version of a possessed snowperson and utterly lacks this straw man debate about being a better parent. Plus Frosty dies a horrible death in a greenhouse at one point. Note that Jack Frost was originally going to star George Clooney but he backed out at the last minute. This is why the puppet has the "Clooney" eyebrows. The horror movie version of Jack Frost, which came out around the same time (possibly tricking some families into renting the wrong film?) was more fun because those who made it at least acknowledged what a terrible concept it was that they were putting to film. As it stands this family-friendly version is only slightly less horrifying. A disturbing film. One star.
on November 3, 1999
Michael Keaton & Kelly Preston are great in this comedy/action drama. Looks like a classic film but has great special effects and some stunt sequences. Besides a real snowman we loved the snowball fights and the incredible Snowboard chases.
on December 2, 2014
What can you say about this awesome holiday/winter movie. Its about a boy's love for his Dad, and vice versa. Do not want to ruin it for those who have never seen so I'll just say, Michael Keaton gives his usual superb performance and the son will warm/break your heart for how much he adores his father. This movie is a must-have for any father or son. Especially if the parents are divorced, in my opinion, because it is just so heartwarming and will remind little boys that their Dads love them and would do ANYTHING to be with them! Great delivery time as usual, and my nephew (one of my gifts to him) has never seen this one, so I was very happy about that also. Oh, did I mention it is currently on sale for $3.75!!!? I think all divorced Dads should make this a stocking stuffer and then watch it with their boys (or girls). Its tough on kids when people divorce, a little reminder during the holidays, that the parent that does not have custody adores his/her children is a nice thing. Thanks Amazon!
on June 30, 2014
...though Christmas sits in the background for just about the entire film. It's more about a man named Jack Frost, played by Michael Keaton, dying and coming back to life as a snowman to make up for his past mistakes. Like in some other movies, I found the explanation for this phenomenon to be lackluster at best. Come on, the harmonica happens to be magic after Jack Frost had said as much while meaning it as a joke? Pretty weak. But I suppose it can work for younger kids. Problem is, I doubt kids young enough to accept this will not be age-appropriate for this film, what with the death, bullies, grief, etc. But despite the reasons, Keaton brought a fair amount of life to the snowman, making more than just a snowy creation. Unfortunately, Keaton's was by far the best performance here with Joseph Cross taking a somewhat distance second. Too many cast members seemed to just be going through the motions of making the movie rather than actually acting. Also, some character's changes of heart were sudden and jarring and therefore just didn't make sense. But ultimately, it's a kids' film, so kids might get more out of it than me. Just don't let them believe that this is a holiday film of any kind as that's a serious stretch of the imagination. Enjoy.