4.0 out of 5 stars better than expected
I laughed all the way through it. I had very low expectations so i was very pleasantly surprised by this film. Very very funny!!!
Published on March 18, 2012 by Paula Cross

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost as bad as you can get...
Oh, man, where do I even start with this disaster of a movie? I'm sitting here, pretty much blank, about 15 minutes after the conclusion of Jack and Jill. This was without question, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's without question in my top 20 all-time worst.

Published on March 7, 2012 by Mark T. Brody

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost as bad as you can get..., March 7, 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD)

Adam Sandler's portrayal of Jill was frightening, creepy, and awful at the same time. It was so ridiculously over the top, that it failed to make any sort of positive impression whatsoever from a comedic standpoint. It was like a 90 minute SNL skit gone awry.

I'm trying to take something positive away from this film, and I just can't. Al Pacino wasn't terrible. That's about the best thing to come out of it! Katie Holmes and Adam Sandler's character had zero chemistry, and they were supposed to be husband and wife. Awful casting there.

I still give Little Nicky the nod as Sandler's worst film, but this one is RIGHT up there. Sorry for the poor descriptive detail. I'm still in disbelief from what I just watched! I can't believe I was able to make it through without turning it off. I battled through like it was the bottom of the 9th.

1.0 out of 5 stars Six Small Chuckles, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD)
I admit that I counted six what might be considered to be funnies that got a chuckle out of me. Were they worth 90 minutes of "not very creative; nothing new; been done before slapstick"? The only part of the movie that was engaging was how far CGI and editing have advanced to enable the same person to appear to be in two roles within the same scene. I was going to say frame but it occurred to me that in our digital world frames may not exist anymore.

Plot: Identical and annoying and not particularly Vogue cover material (what do you expect when it's a guy) sister comes to visit brother trying to avoid her as much as possible. She predictably eventually turns heads - in a positive way.

Summary: A largely comatose inducing experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars Jack and Obnoxious Jill, January 27, 2012
Tsuyoshi (Kyoto, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD)
Adam Sandler plays dual roles in "Jack and Jill," as twins Jack Sadelstein / Jill Sadelstein. Jack is a successful commercial producer living in LA, happily married to Erin (Katie Holmes). But now he is not a very happy man as his twin sister Jill (Sandler wearing a wig and women's clothes) is paying his family a visit for the Thanksgiving holiday. And Jill is very, very annoying.

In the meanwhile, Jack wants Al Pacino to be in the TV commercial for Dunkin' Donuts, but knows there is little chance that the Oscar winning star would accept the offer. But things start to seem better when, believe me or not, Al Pacino - playing a knowingly (I hope) exaggerated version of himself - fell for Jill.

It is not the film's non-existent story or countless stupid jokes that I find annoying. I like stupid jokes, but when they are done by someone like Jill, an irritating and obnoxious character, her antics are unfunny, even unpleasant. Yes, I know, as it turns out, Jill is really a woman with a kind heart, and Erin and kids like her, but Sandler's one-note performance doesn't just convince.

The only thing I find mildly amusing is Al Pacino playing himself, though it is obvious that comedy is not his forte. His energetic acting in the "Dunkaccino" part will either entertain you or make you sigh.

Directed by Dennis Dugan, "Jack and Jill" is yet another Adam Sandler-Dennis Dugan collaboration that started with "Happy Gilmore" back in 1996. There are lots of cameos - Johnny Depp and John McEnroe among others - but all those amusing cameos are not just enough to make us forget the fact that this is arguably the worst of their films.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Adam, but this movie was a waste of time!, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Amazon Instant Video)
This is the dichotomy that is the often hilarious Adam Sandler. It seems to me that he either is drop dead funny, or completely idiotic. This movie was so bad, I couldn't finish it, and am so glad 'That's my Boy' followed this POS!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a Waste of Talent!, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Amazon Instant Video)
I am a huge Adam Sandler and Al Pachino fan, but wow these guys must really need the money to take part in a horrible movie like this!

Poor acting, script and horrible concept for a movie. I can't believe I wasted 90 minutes and $3.99 of my hard earned money on this waste of a film.

Please, save your money and NEVER SEE THIS MOVIE!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Sandler Movie EVER!!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD)
This piece of crap blows major b*lls!!! From the beginning of the movie....all the way through to the stupid ass annoying credits. EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT THIS MOVIE IS A COMPLETE DISASTER! Lately,it seems that Adam Sandler has lost his knack for making a good comedy.The last Sandler movie that I saw that I actually liked was "Reign Over Me",and that wasn't even a comedy.There is alot of wasted talent in this mess.What the hell was Al Pacino smoking when he agreed to be in here??? He must have been down to his last 500 billion,and needed some more cash.The only positive thing,that I would have to say about this movie,is enjoying the eye candy,Katie Holmes.More wasted talent on such a god-awful nightmare.Overall,I DO NOT recommend this movie.It should NEVER be seen by ANYBODY.

1.0 out of 5 stars How desperate was Al Pacino for money??????, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Amazon Instant Video)
If i could give this 0 stars i would. this was the worst movie EVER!!!! my daughter FORCED me to see this! Please ban Adam Sandler from making another movie. EVER. Every predictable cliche ever was there. Mexican jokes? Yup. Jewish jokes? Yup. IF YOU HAVE ANY BRAIN AT ALL, DO NOT WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!!
P.S. how desperate is Al Pacino for money, i mean seriously, did you see that dunkin donuts commercial at the end? HORRIFYING!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT rent this movie- we turned off after 10 minutes, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Amazon Instant Video)
This was an absolutely terrible movie. My family watched the first 10 minutes of it and then turned it off. Don't throw your money away on this one. Sorry for the poor review, just don't want others to pay for a poor experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Booooorrrrrrriiiiinnnnngggggg!!!!!!, March 9, 2012
roaeja "Hey you!" (Nowhere, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Amazon Instant Video)
I wouldn't spend two cents on this movie! What a total
waste of time and acting ability. Good thing they had
supporting actors, this was a flop.

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful to Watch, February 19, 2012
Jeffrey Weinstein (Lake Station, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD)
I really thought I would like this, as I am a fan of Adam Sandler, but this movie is just awful. Not because of the potty humor - Sandler is famous (infamous?) for that, it is what we expect. But watching the character of Jill is absolutely painful! It is simply way too over the top. I couldn't believe that someone attached to the movie (like the producer or director) would let this get through. I was also shocked that Al Pacino agreed to be in it. Part of the storyline is that Jack is trying to get Al Pacino to appear in a Dunkin Donuts commercial, which they figure he would never do. I'm not sure why, because this movie is far worse than any commercial I have ever seen. Sometimes I think they start out with the best of intentions but the movie never comes together. This is one of those cases.

Jack and Jill