5.0 out of 5 stars A Healthy Life Style Change
Is it hard to eat your vegetables and have enough fruit servings in a day? It was for me; so I decided to buy another juicer. My last juicer had a very small spout and you had to cut up everything before you put it into the juicer; and it was extremely noisy. I got rid of it because it did not measure up.

I purchased the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer and have been...
Published on May 31, 2008 by Bentley

3.0 out of 5 stars Rice Milk processor is TERRIBLE
Published on September 7, 2009 by Daybr88k

5.0 out of 5 stars A Healthy Life Style Change, May 31, 2008
This review is from: Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite (Kitchen)

I purchased the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer and have been very pleased with it. I read the other reviews and I will try to respond to them as well based upon my own experiences. First, for me the juicer is excellent. I juice fruits and most vegetables. You have to insert soft vegetables followed by hard vegetables for it to work optimally. I have had no problems following the directions which indicate that this works best.

I have made some wonderful drinks with the Power Juicer. Here is one called the Energy Boost Drink which I love:

1 Carrot
Watercress
Spinach
3 Tomatoes
Salt To Taste

It is terrific and the machine does an exceptional job with very little pulp at all.

I don't think the machine does as well with grasses. Especially if you are not following them up with a hard vegetable or fruit upon insertion.

However, the following fruits and vegetables have worked well for me (I have used all of these in juices so far):

FRUITS:
Pineapple, Apples, Guava, Papaya, Oranges, tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupes, honeydew, limes, lemons, strawberries, grapes and blueberries only if followed by a hard fruit, grapefruit, mangoes, raspberries only if followed by a hard fruit, kiwi, peaches (pitted), pears

VEGETABLES AND HERBS:

Carrots, Celery, Beet Root, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Peppers, Ginger Root, Kale, Fennel Bulb, Horseradish Root, Garlic, Onion, Cilantro, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Lemongrass

I have the Power Juicer Deluxe (I BOUGHT IT IN A STORE - CALLED DELUXE) and I have now learned that there is a Power Juicer Elite which does even a better job with soft fruits, nuts and soy. In the Elite Model, you can make your own soy milk, almond milk while extracting the juice from the nuts, themselves. You can even put plums, peaches and cherries in whole. For the reviewer who is interested in a more advanced technology to handle the grasses and the soft fruits better, I would recommend spending the extra money and getting the Power Juicer Elite model.

Just be careful to check out which model you are actually getting because there are "slight" differences between them. I did find with the Deluxe model that the lemongrass and the berries if not followed by a hard fruit or vegetable did not work as well. However, the Power Juicer Elite should work well for those looking for soy technology (rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk).

ABOUT THE DISHWASHER: I have found the dishwasher to be perfectly safe for all of the components, but I only put them on the top shelf. I would not trust them close to the heating element of the dishwasher. I honestly have put all components in the dishwasher with no problem (only top shelf). In fact, many times I clean the juicer components easily with the sprayer in less than 5 minutes; and it does not seem that difficult for me; although I use it every day and maybe I have gotten use to it.

Here are some of the different models and what they offer the user:

POWER JUICER
ORIGINAL

POWER JUICER PRO:
* Stainless Steel Body
(THIS IS REALLY THE ONLY DIFFERENCE FROM THE ORIGINAL WHICH IS WHITE)
* Commercial Quality

POWER JUICER EXPRESS: (ONLY DIFFERENCE FROM ORIGINAL IS THE NO DRIP SPOUT AND A LITTLE SMALLER FOOTPRINT)
NEW! Compact Design
* NEW! No Drip Spout

POWER JUICER PLATINUM: (ONLY DIFFERENCE FROM ORIGINAL IS THE PLATINUM EXTERIOR:
* Surgical-Quality Stainless
* Steel Blade

POWER JUICER ELITE:
(THIS IS WHERE THERE ARE MAJOR DIFFERENCES, WHOLE CHERRIES, NUTS, PEACHES, PLUMS,ETC. WITH PITS CAN BE INSERTED INTO JUICER; YOU CAN MAKE SOY, RICE ALMOND MILK, NEW NO DRIP SPOUT, SOY TECHNOLOGY, AN INDUCTION MOTOR, IT NOW CLAIMS FRUIT AND VEGETABLE JUICES (BUT IT ALSO DOES FRUITS WITH PITS LIKE PEACHES AND PLUMS WHICH FOR THE ORIGINAL MODEL..YOU HAD TO TAKE OUT THE PITS FIRST..NOW YOU CAN PUT THEM ALL IN WHOLE: CORE, PIT AND ALL)

ALL NEW! Soy Technology
* Induction Motor
* Fruit Juices and
* Vegetable Juices
* Non-Drip Spout
* Lifetime Guarant ee

So be careful what model you get, the Original is still the best bargain in white, it also comes in stainless and that in itself may be more expensive. If I wanted to upgrade, I would select the Elite. The original and all of its components are dishwasher safe; but only for the top shelf and not near any heating element. Grasses do not work optimally with the Original and you have to alternate soft fruits followed by hard ones as well. For those folks who are looking for that added power, the Elite should suffice and do an excellent job or look for a wheat grass juicer if that is your focus.

For me, the Original Deluxe is a terrific machine for the price and I am thinking now about upgrading to the Elite at some time in the future.

I love it and I love the juices.

Hope the above review gives you an idea of which model might work better for you. The Original in white can be found in stores for less.

Additionally, you can buy platforms so the machine sits higher and you can use a full size glass; much easier. I also prop mine on a cutting board and that helps too.

Enjoy your raw vegetables and fruits effortlessly. You can have seven raw vegetables a day in a single glass and never have to worry about getting enough vegetables again.

UPDATE NEW: Different models seem to be coming out that are slight variations of the power juicer elite or deluxe; there is also a new model being released on June 1st which seems to be a variation deluxe model. I have seen and used the elite model because I talked a friend into buying the elite because of the soy technology. It is a fabulous machine as well as the deluxe model which I have but is capable of much more. Here is why I am updating my review: I suspect that Jack Lalanne is simplifying his upcoming offerings because the official website is now promoting only three versions: the classic, the deluxe and now a new "pro" version which seems to be their new high end. But nothing is said about the soy technology elite which I think is stupendous. I will call customer service tomorrow and see what they say about the elite as well as soy technology and will update. One reason I did the breakdown review was to make sure that folks were not confused by the different variations of models which could also differ depending upon where you bought your item. My question is whether the elite is still going to be offered or is the soy technology option going away at some point. The pro looks very much like the original pro but now some additional parts seem to have been modified to stainless steel and the spout has also been changed. The names seem to have stayed the same but one pro offering or one deluxe offering may vary from another by the same name depending upon its release date or where it was purchased. To me based upon the previous pro version; this looks like this is a new and slightly different pro version without soy technology. They also show the pro's parts being placed into the bottom shelf of the dishwasher; I do use the dishwasher for mine; but the top shelf was the only place that I would trust. Stay tuned.

UPDATE JUNE 2ND:

I called Jack Lalanne customer service and they told me that their site is under reconstruction. They are focusing on the original, deluxe and pro; but all of the other models are available. You can still get the elite and if you would like to see the details of the machine go to mypowerjuicer.com which is their alternative site.

A problem is that when you select the elite it pops you back to the other site where only the focused three are offered. Customer service did say that you could still buy the elites (soy technology as well); but you would have to call in. The warrenty is only for 60 days so beware if you are not taking out any extra warrenties on the device; I was also told that they had refurbished elites and that they were 49.99 plus shipping and handling and they were giving a three year warrenty to boot. I was told they worked perfectly and may have a slight scratch here or there; but that that was it. The shipping and handling run about another 20 dollars so beware. I have used the elite and love the looks and the functionality and have not noticed any issues or problems. I have to admit that I found it odd that they had a whole refurbished line for that model in addition to the regular elite offerings; there must have been some issues if they are offering this deal. Could be that folks just did not follow directions. On the mypowerjuicer site, they have all of the manuals and guides for the models available.

Hope this helps and brings everyone up to date.

Bentley/2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Rice Milk processor is TERRIBLE, September 7, 2009
This review is from: Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite (Kitchen)
I bought this more expensive model specifically to make rice milk. It is very very watered down. The rice gets thrown out of the processor and seems to bypass most of the "juicing". When I called customer service (3 times) I got three different recipe ideas on how to make the rice milk. None of these were an improvement. The recipe book that came with this processor has an impossible recipe for rice milk. I don't think anyone ever tested this recipe. Has anyone had any success with making rice milk? The juicer part of this product is great but I am very disappointed with it as a rice milk maker.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't ever buy the elite., June 12, 2014
This review is from: Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite (Kitchen)
It's terrible and I even got it for free. The pulp is always wet which wastes money. It clogs almost every use. It's takes a very long time to clean. I recommend purchasing something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible design flaw will lead to short circuit or electrocution!, September 21, 2012
S.N. "S.N." (ontario, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite (Kitchen)
We have had the original Power juicer for years. I decided to pick up thie elite newer version and keep the old one as a back up. My wife has been juicing twice a day with it for 2 months. The Pros are that it is fairly easy to assemble and clean and it has a powerfull motor. It doesn't get the same amount of juice out as the older model and we've noticed that the pulp is wet.

The biggest problem is with the design of the new downspout. The hole leading to the spout is small and clogs easily. If you notice the clog you have to contstantly stop juicing and unclog the hole with a toothpick. If you don't notice the juice backs up and leaks out the sides. Then it pours down the side of the juicer and into the sensitive electronics in the base. I am surprised I haven't had a short with it. I would never buy this again or recommend it to anyone. Stick with the older model or better yet get a better brand for a little more money!

3.0 out of 5 stars great juicer, inconvenient to clean, May 14, 2009
This review is from: Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite (Kitchen)
pros - big feeder; easy to assemble; powerful motor

cons - easily stains; not so easy to clean

summary - the big feeder allows less cutting of fruits and veggies and more juicing. Though the machine is fairly easy to disassemble for cleaning, it still take a lot of effort compared to the trusted blender. The inside plastic of this machine, easily stains, so better clean it as quickly as possible after juicing, I wouldn't recommend using the dish washer because the stains need a bit of scrubbing to take off. As fun and as healthy as this machine can be, using this as an everyday thing for freshly made juice is not as encouraging as it may seem on TV due to the number of parts to clean right after use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Elite is GREAT!, March 21, 2008
This review is from: Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite (Kitchen)
Jack LaLanne at 92 years young is living proof of the power of all natural, fresh juice. And now Jack has expanded the scope of juicing to include not only cherries with pits, but wheatgrass and pineapple plus nuts and soybeans to make homemade soymilks and nut milks! Jack LaLanne's amazing commercial quality Power Juicer Elite now makes even difficult fruits, vegetables, and even nuts easy to juice!

The Jack LaLanne Elite Juicer's induction motor focuses on torque and not just RPM. This is important because the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite creates less heat and heat can negatively affect the nutrient quality of your juice. Jack LaLanne for decades has preached that cooking kills!

The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite has a non-drip spout so you won't lose a drop of your delicious juice or specialty soy, rice, or nut milks. With the Jack LaLane Power Juicer Elite's pulp catcher there is virtually no waste, and it just slips off for easy cleaning.

Now you can enjoy healthy nutrient-rich, fresh-juiced fruits and vegetables, fresh soy, rice, and nut milks in just seconds and we mean seconds with the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite. The Elite proudly boasts the Power Juicer signature extra large chute that lets you juice whole fruits and bunches of vegetables plus cherries with the pits, pineapple wedges with the rinds and even soybeans, rice, and nuts.

The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite is powered by the high-output, patented, powerful induction motor and surgical stainless steel blades that provide maximum performance so you can juice every part of your fruits and veggies. That's right - no more peeling, chopping, dicing, or slicing - just drop in the whole fruit or vegetable, a bunch of nuts, rice, and soy beans and with the patented extraction technology of the Jack LaLanne Juicer Elite, in just seconds you will have up to 30% more fresh juice filled with natural vitamins and nutrients, than with most other juicers*.

Now there is no reason to buy expensive store-bought juices or milks that may be sitting on the shelf for months loaded with sugar and preservatives. With the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite you always know your drink is fresh! The whisper-quiet Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite makes it simple and easy to introduce healthy fruit and vegetable juices and milks filled with raw nutrients and vitamins to your whole family.

Jack LaLanne has made it easy to make healthy salsas, delicious carrot and zucchini breads, savory pasta sauces, sorbets, soups, and much, much more using the nutrient rich natural fiber collected in the pulp catcher. Plus each Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite comes with a wonderful full-color recipe guide with tasty and healthy new-targeted recipes like Achy Break Juice, Mama Mia Mood Attack, plus the soy milk, rice milk, and nut milk recipes. Even kids will love the healthy tasty treats. And here is the best part, even cleanup is simple with the dishwasher safe parts of the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite.

Don't wait to feel and taste the power of fresh delicious juice and homemade milks - take Jack LaLanne's advice right now: Do something for the most important person in the world - YOU! Change your life and juice for life. Experience: real juice - real fast- real healthy and really delicious! - it's that easy!

Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer for energy and good health. This popular, commercial quality juicer has an extra-large feeder so it requires no slicing, dicing or peeling - you use the whole fruit! Plus, its patented extraction technology gives you up to 30% more juice than other juicers while operating whisper-quiet. Includes a super-sized detachable pulp collector for nutrient rich, healthy sauces, sorbets, breads, soups and more. Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. 250 watts

Get the most out of your fruit, vegetables, nuts and soy with the incredibly handy Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Elite. The smooth operation and versatility have made this machine a valued kitchen companion for years. Making your own wonderful juices, smoothies and sauces is a great way to supplement your daily intake of fruits and vegetables--and a great alternative to coffee. Imagine the freshness!

Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Elite Includes:

* Power Juicer Elite motor base
* Super sized detachable pulp collector
* Stainless steel blade

* Measures approx: 14"L x 8-1/2"W x 16"H
* Model #PJEL
* Quality, whisper-quiet motor that cycles at approx. 3600 rpm
* Extra large pulp container
* Juices soy beans, rice and almonds to produce milk
* Quality construction
* Stainless steel blades
* Do not immerse plug in water
* Motor is 250-watt, 120V-60Hz
* Shipping weight : 20 lbs.

Note: This product may contain or come into contact with milk, nuts and peanuts and should be avoided by persons with allergies to these foods.

Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite