Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more

on May 6, 2011
I like this juicer a lot. Just bought it at Kohl's today and it works great. I have had about 5 different juicers and I love this one by far out of all the rest. The screen filter is easy to clean. little slits instead of tiny pinholes. The juicer isn't the most powerful and you really need to be gentle when pushing food. You only want the juicer to go at its own pace and you need to let gravity do the pushing. Some things like apples you need to apply a small amount of pressure. With other high powered juicers You can push a whole apple through without a second thought. This one takes a little longer but the result is less foamy and MORE juice. Take your time when juicing with this juicer. If you let gravity do most of the work and lightly assist sometimes even pulling up the plunger and going back down to allow the fruit/veg to popup then go back down and it will juice and not jam. The videos on tips on the Jack Lalanne website from the factory are really useful. They show you how you SHOULD juice for long motor life and less juice wasted. If you do like on the infomercial your gonna break your motor quick. I am ecstatic with this juicer. Looks GREAT too. The picture makes some of the chrome look like its dull grey metallic...but all the shiny parts are chrome colored. Sometimes if you are going to do multiple glasses of juice you may need to pop out the filter/blade and rinse some of the fiber off so you can continue otherwise you don't get full performance from the machine. Best juicer I have had. Other juicers I have had: Magic Bullet w/juicer attachment, Magic Bullet Express Juicer, Juiceman and a Hamilton beach. I think the best benefit of the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express model over the traditional other styles is its quicker to clean(blade and filter one pc), meant for smaller amounts of juice at a time(smaller filter and blade and pulp collector) For me its the perfect size. If you are only going to do family size amounts of juice you may be more interested in the non-**express** models. They have a larger blade, filter and pulp container so you can do larger amounts of juicing between cleaning. Just a little more bulky and harder to clean. The express model is a nice size even for keeping on the counter top. Nicest looking appliance on my countertop!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 21, 2012
I studied many reviews for this product both negative and positive. I purchased my juicer at Kohl's expecting to return it if the negative reviews were true. I've been using it daily for 2 weeks and have no complaints. I have experienced no problems! I use it for 3 people and make carrot juice daily.
I like that I must put it together properly for it to work. A built in safety I really like. I'm in my 70's so if I can get it to work properly you should be able to do so also. As with all plastic appliances, I handle them gently. They are plastic so they cost less. Realize they are not metal and can not be treated as metal.
Maybe what I did differently is: I read the instructions before using and keep the guide available to help me when I have a 'brain fart' and forget which order the steps are in.
I definitely recommend this product. I was told I should buy a $500 device to get the 'proper juicing' experience. Well, I can't afford that product and am very pleased with this less than $100 product. Kohl's seems to always have specials running. Go for it!
on January 26, 2012
I Don't like doing reviews, but I saw a real bad review with 1 star that doesn't describe it good. I believe they had a bad unit. One person states she couldn't juice an apple and had to cut it up in pieces. I throw in whole apples, cucumbers, celery sticks and other fruits and I push them down with no problem. Juice comes out nice and clean with no pulp. Also the juicer comes with a "Brush" to wash it after you're done with it. You don't have to use your sponge or your hands to cut yourself like the person described. I would definitely recommend.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 8, 2014
We have had the Jack Lalane juicer for about a month. We are a family of 9 and make our juice by the gallon pitcher twice a day for the whole family. We haven't had any issues with it at all. It has handled everything we put through it from carrots, beets, apples, and other hard fruits/veggies to kale, spinach and other leafy things. The only thing we've put through it that came through with anything other than nearly dry pulp was pineapple (the pineapple pulp was very wet and kinda runny, but it may have been the particular pineapple we used that day as it was a bit over ripe). We've have found two issues that kept me from giving it all 5 stars. 1. The juice froths more than we'd care to have it froth. 2. The juice spout is really too low for a normal glass to fit underneath, but this hasn't been a huge issue because I just juice into a measuring cup and pour it into a pitcher.

Yes there are probably better & more powerful juicers out there, but for a first juicer or somebody who doesn't want to break the bank to get on a healthier track in life this is a great juicer. It delivers on all things necessary to pull off delicious juices multiple times a day for a family of any size or just a single person. The clean up is easy and the books/website offer all kinds of recipes to use the pulp in other cooking so there is no waste. All in all this is a great juicer and I would recommend it to anybody who would like a good juicer without spending their entire paycheck.
on July 2, 2014
Bought this a week ago to do some juicing from home. I've used it about 3 times a day since I bought it. Here are my thoughts as of now, and I will update in a few months.

PROS:
* Easy to set up out of the box.
* Very quiet when you turn it on.
* Creates very little foam so there's no need to strain.
* Doesn't heat up the juice like other juicers will.
* Great with harder fruits and veggies (e.g., carrots, beets, apples, sweet potatoes, ginger root)
* Not ridiculously expensive.
* Easy to clean as far as juicers go (I wash by hand).
* Doesn't take up much counter space.

CONS:
* Doesn't produce as much juice as other juicers I've owned (and those were all cheaper juicers).
* Doesn't come with a cleaning brush (I had to buy a grout cleaner brush for the mesh filter - regular sponges won't do the job).
* Gets LOUD and SHAKES when juicing softer fruits and leafy greens.
* Spout is too low to put most cups/pitchers under to catch the juice - meaning you have to hold the cup/pitcher when trying to put the fruit/veggie down the chute. Or put a book underneath which isn't ideal. Awkward!
* When I tried to put bigger pieces of fruits/veggies down the chute they would get stuck instead of being processed through the mesh filter - so I've reverted to cutting everything up into smaller pieces to avoid jamming the chute. Sort of a waste of a big opening.
* The spout itself is awkward and falls off too easily. Once I put it in incorrectly and juice ended up pouring out of the sides of the machine!

Bottom line: For the price and the quality of the no-foam juice you get this isn't a bad juicer. But there are a lot of annoying design problems with the machine. If you really want to make juice at home (I like to in order to save $$) it's a good buy but if you're not a regular juicer or if you're okay with smoothies instead of juice this might frustrate too much to make it worth it.

+++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE +++

So after about two weeks of using the machine 1-2x per day the thing isn't working anymore. It won't turn on. After reading other reviews and the instructions that came with I think the problem is the safety mechanism that prevents the machine from starting when the machine isn't assembled correctly. I've tried taking it apart and putting it back together a dozen times and no luck. SOOOO frustrating since I already cut up all the fruits and veggies I was going to juice. Argh!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 10, 2012
Before buying this juicer I made a research on this subject and on all competitive and more expensive brands. And I choose this one!!

This is a great juicer and this is why:
- It is relatively very silent (you do not have an impression that it is going to explode when you switch it on). It starts silently and whily juicing it is just a little bit louder.
- It "cuts"/minces the entire fruit (you do not see peels or pieces of fruits that were thrown away in the pulp container and not used - as other juicers do)
- The pulp/waist is very dry - meaning that the juicer extracts 100 % of liquid/juice from your fruits and vegetables.
- You can juice everything - from hard beets to soft tomatoes or bananas - the juices would be just perfect!

I SIMPLY LOVE IT!!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 5, 2013
I am totally new to juicing, so my first instinct was to go out and buy a pricey juicer - thank goodness I didn't! I took a chance and bought this model because the majority of online reviews were very good. Also, I was relieved to save at least 200 dollars. In fact, I spent less than 85 with coupon at a chain home goods store.

Anyway, the main reason I am juicing is to incorporate more vegetables into my diet, so to see some reviews state that they are difficult to process worried me. Well, no need. I have used this machine twice daily for big batches (using a 4-cup measuing cup for juice collection) since buying it last month and have had zero problems. I have juiced large pieces of kale (in bunches), spinach, carrots, celery and cucumbers (whole), ginger, large pieces of apple, lemons, limes and pears and all have zipped right through - no jams or issues to speak of. In fact, my 10-year-old often helps by pushing down the plunger and even she can use it with ease, but I'm most impressed with the amount of juice that comes out - especially the greens. I expected almost undetectable amounts of juice from them, but it comes through the spout green as can be. The pulp is also very dry, which makes me feel good knowing I'm getting as much juice as possible.

As for clean-up, its super easy. Because I don't run my dishwasher everyday, I simply hand wash ( often with little time to spare as I'm trying to run out the door to work) after each use and it's no trouble at all- super quick. I use a small dish scrubber with stiff bristles to get the blade clean and it works like a charm - every other component just rinses right off.

So, I'm surprised by the negative reviews that I have seen on this juicer. I'm getting great juice, it's super easy to use and clean-up and the price was awesome.
on July 16, 2011
I bought this so I could do a little fasting to drop some weight and Im happy with my purchase. Clean up is easy and it looks good in the kitchen lol. Hard to believe there a re bad reviews of this product because mine works perfectly. I guess in one review the guy had the spout closed and filled the machine up with juice lol. You need to have a little common sense but operating this thing is really easy. As long as your not trying to smash fruit/veggies to hell and back with the plunger this thing should last a long time.
on February 1, 2012
My friend lent me this juicer while she was out of town, and I am very impressed. I have only used one other juicer, and only one time, so I don't have a lot to compare to, but this juicer worked like a charm. I had no problems at all with the juicing or the cleanup. DO read the manual!!! It tells you the order in which to put the fruit and veggies in the juicer based on how hard or soft the item is, and to roll the leafy greens into a ball before putting in the juicer. I bet following these instructions would prevent the problems some have written about. I used green apple, beets, beet greens, celery, cucumber, kale, cilantro and carrot, and everything juiced perfectly. The pulp was dry and the juice plentiful. I plan to buy one.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
When I started researching juicers, I was really put off by the cost, and more importantly, by all the comments regarding how difficult some of the fancy juicers are to clean. I mentioned this to a friend who is a confirmed vegan, and she had the answer: Jack LaLanne.

Since she is a very practical lady, I decided to follow her advice, and picked up the JLL Power Juicer Express. I am loving it!

First of all, to anyone interested in using the machine, I have to emphasize: READ THE DIRECTIONS. Let the blade get up to speed before you start putting in the veggies or fruit.

And yes, this type of juicer probably does yield a bit more waste than high-end machines. However, to me that is definitely outweighed by how easy this thing is to clean. It's no more difficult to clean than a blender or a Cuisinart food processor. I just rinse off all the pieces, go over the mesh with a soft vegetable brush, pop the parts into the dishwasher on the short cycle, and that's that. Update: I have found that a coir vegetable brush such as Coir Fiber Vegetable Brush 6 Inch does not get worn down if inadvertently brushed against the blades.

It's better to use large pieces of fruits or vegetable than small ones. Small apples (stem removed) can be popped in whole. Role up kale or cabbage leaves into a ball. If you want to add some parsley, choose the flat-leaf variety, and roll it up inside a large kale leaf. (Use flat-leaf kale, not curly kale.) The only thing that I have tried that didn't work too well was baby spinach - the leaves mostly got tossed into the fiber bin.

This thing rocks! Definitely recommended.