Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on September 28, 2011
I've been juicing for years and there have been so many juicer I have tried. Before I start I want to say that I juice every day. Sometimes twice a day and I use mostly veggies. Beets and carrots are very hard to juice as they require lots of power to chew them up and that can be time consuming when your machine is weak. This machine chews right through those root veggies like no other. The clean up with the machine is quick and easy once you get your system down. Just make sure you have a bag to throw away your waste and get it outside as it will stink up your kitchen in the trash!

The thing that I was most impressed by was my yields. I'm a biochemist so I can't help getting nerdy when it comes to anything I can make into a chemistry experiment. I was interested, with my last few juicers, in seeing which ones produced the most juice out of the total biomass used. This juicer beat all others by over 10% in liquid weight. That may not sound like a lot but it had almost 20% more than my first juicer I used and that is impressive considering the price of organic veggies!

Overall I recommend this juicer to anyone starting off or daily juicing as its very impressive for the price and well worth your time. Making juicing work through time efficiency and total juice yield is what counts and this juicer does it better than most juicers I've used that are twice the price.
on April 17, 2012
This juicer has a life time warranty, however when you really need to use it the customer care is so bad.I am waiting for 3 month for the part and every time I call they say I will get in 10 days, then after another month of waiting they say if you dont want to wait you can cancel.The last time I talk with some of they customer care about the situation she did not care at all.I am very desapointed.
on August 4, 2009
I purchased this juicer after watching an infomercial on it. After using it to juice vegetables as well as fruit, I will be returning it to the store for several reasons:
1) The remaining pulp is quite damp which means the juicer is not extracting all of the juice.
2) Does not juice spinach well at all. When I look at the discarded spinach, there are still whole leaves in the pulp container.
3) The juices foam quite alot. When I juice something simple like carrot-apple-ginger, the juice separates within minutes and never really stirs back together.
4) The pour spout: why is there a hole at the back of it? This created a complete mess on one of my attempts to juice as the juice ram down the hole instead of down the spout into my container.
5) The placement of the pour spout: The spout is so close to the counter that I cannot put a cup underneath it. I instead need to put a bowl and then pour the juice from the bowl into my drinking glass. This makes it very cumbersome and time consuming to produce a simple 12-16 oz cocktail.
6) During cleanup, I really hate throwing away all of the pulp since it looks like it has so many nutrients left in it.

Pitty, Jack! You can do better than this!
55 comments33 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2010
I haven't owned that many juicers but compared to my old one(sorry but cannot remember the name brand at this time) this one is way, way, way better. The Jack Lalanne PJP Power Pro Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer juicing just about any fruit and vegetable you can think of. And when it juices it juices really fast and surprisingly pretty quiet too. I was also jumping up for joy when I saw how much juice came from my fruit. This juicer is definitely worth the money so far. Oh and it's also very easy to clean up when you are done juicing. So far no complaints yet.
on June 22, 2009
I bought it and within 1 year the screw peg broke,making it unusable. Thought it was the lady that works at home not using it properly. So bought another one use it just myself, in within 1 year the same thing is happening.. Don't recommend it as you'll have to buy a new one every year.
11 comment48 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2010
I bought the juicer...darn...I am so angry I cant even type. Okay, wait...the negative reviews of this juicer is very true. I bought my juicer so happy and proud to juice. The apples got stuck, juice runs out and falls all over the place. Its not continuous because when that happens you have to open it all up. They dont tell you that you have to unscrew the base supporting the mesh. If you lost that apparatus you 're screwed. They dont tell you the thing actually shocks you. Heaven forbid they tell you that the power (in less than 1 month) is the first to go. Do yourself a favour dont purchase that item think twice. Its alot of cleaning up you have to do. Its not worth it.
0Comment29 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2010
This one purchase, of any before, has been a life changing diet tool. We have tried so many and they might work for a little while or not at all. We work hard, have no time, horrendous eating habits because of our work schedule. Sound familiar ? Well this product not only fixed all that, it also helped my husband to try it and like the results so much, he really doesn't want to go a day without the juice. I don't wish to sound like a paid commercial. This product is fantastic and we will continue on using it for the rest of our lives. Thank you.
11 comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2010
I used to work in a bakery where we had a commercial juicer so I might be on the biased side in evaluating this juicer. But here it goes, the first thing I don't like is that is seems to get unbalanced very easily. I usually have a 16 oz juice in the evening and by the time I get half way through the cup, the juicer vibrates and gets relatively loud. Second item I dont like is the spout that catches the juice is pretty low, so you have to use a short cup, tall cups won't fit under the spout. Third item I don't like is that pulp comes out of the back sporadically. The bin that catches the pulp does not attach to the base of the juicer so the pulp can escape through the spaces. So what I DO like is that it is fast! and clean-up is pretty fast too. I like also that I can juice things like garlic and ginger, but just make sure to feed a carrot or apple through after doing drier type of items to get all the flavoring out of the juicer and in your cup! I also like the warranty.
22 comments25 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2013
This is a post I made to the Jack Lalanne juicer company....................I would like to give it no stars!!!

I have called customer service multiple times about my earlier posts, and finally got someone I could halfway understand today, and he says since I did not purchase my Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Pro directly from them, I would have to pay for a replacement part for a juicer that is only three and a half weeks old. It was a gift I received in the mail, so I did not know where it was purchased. He said that I would have to get the juicer fixed by whomever sold it to me. I have never had this happen with any other product. Usually if something goes wrong with a product that is under warrenty, I call the customer service contact of that particular product. I finally tracked down the shipper and was able to call them and they were delightful. It is a company called Casa.com and they were so helpful - even called the customer service people for me and were appalled to hear the same thing I did. She tried to explain to him that she had verified the shipping date in order to try to persuade him to send me the part, but he refused. Casa.com sent me a label by email to return the defective juicer - she said they will deal with it and she is mailing me a different juicer - not Jack Lalanne. They are also covering the shipping and this is a better rated and more expensive juicer - she was just concerned that I was treated shabbily by the customer service people and wanted a happy customer. Casa.com went over the top to make things right and I will use them in the future for my on line purchases. They truly have the customer's satisfaction as a primary goal unlike the Jack Lalanne company. I am hoping this post will educate others about the Jack Lalanne company and eliminate the possibility of encountering what I have dealt with.
on May 4, 2009
I'm not sure what all the negative reviews are about. They really sound like they have not read the instruction manual. Of course if you don't use it properly you will have problems. I read it all and use it according to the instructions and tips and tricks and it seems to work just fine. I get tasty juice, the motor is nice and quiet, and the unit is easy to disassemble and clean.

Plastic screen? Mine has a stainless steel screen, not plastic. I think the less expensive models have plastic screens. Are you sure you're reviewing the right model?

This is my first juicer so I really can't comment on how it works compared to other juicers. But I'm happy with it so far.
0Comment28 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse