5.0 out of 5 stars Great snack....even during battle!!
Published on May 7, 2010 by oluwande

2.0 out of 5 stars bad beef
Published on February 9, 2012 by JCC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great snack....even during battle!!, May 7, 2010
I'm a former Marine, got out after 8 years, did two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. I was first introduced to beef jerky during MCT (Marine Combat Training)...which is where you learn warfighting techniques. For those LONG, sweaty, depressingly hot days in NC...this was an excellent snack. Beef Jerky is nutritious, low in fat content and tastes great! It also is a great chewy snack for those 'hurry-up-and-wait' days. Perhaps the biggest benefit for me was the salt....if you're out in the sun all day, you lose a lot of sweat....the Marine Corps motto should be 'drink water'...but as for electrolytes/ salt....this snack does an excellent job. I love the peppered taste...probably because I'm Jamaican. The 1.5-ounce snack size fits perfectly in your pocket and works out to be about half the price you'd pay at the gas station (thanks Amazon). I have a couple of buddies over in Afghanistan and I sent each two packs....for them and to pass around to their troops...they love it.
For a healthy snack (especially if you're very active and sweat a lot)this is a great product.
If there was one complaint....I wish the desiccant that is inside every bag was somehow shaped differently.....if you grab a handful in the bottom...you'll never know that you grabbed the desiccant too....luckily I've been able to catch it!

2.0 out of 5 stars bad beef, February 9, 2012
I'm normally a fan of jack links but this really disappointed me. Ordered 4 bags and had two of them. I spent more time picking through the meat taking out the nasty gizard and fat chunks all throughout the bag. Also the meat quality was terrible and quality control isn't. Good for this flavor. One piece would be moist and flavorful and the next would bard as a rock and uncomfortable to chew. Overall this was a terrible product. Jack links shouldn't put 10 different cuts of meat in the same bag. If you like quality controlled products this isn't for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mold all over! Be careful, March 30, 2012
This is my second order of Jack Link's Beef Jerky, Peppered, Mega Pack from Amazon due to lower price than other stores and I hit the jackpot. You can see the pictures I upload for this product. It has mold all over, which even can be seen from outside the bag. Unfortunately I did not see it and put one in my mouth. Few seconds afterward, the taste was so strange and my friend, who was about to eat, stop me from swallowing. Try for yourself, but please be careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, September 9, 2013
I have a job where I'm driving all day. I got this item to snack on in between appointments. Huge mistake. I love Jack Link's beef jerky and thought it would be a good idea to buy in bulk. I was very disappointed with this purchase because it tasted like it had been in the warehouse for MONTHS! It tasted like rubber with salt and beef jerky flavor. Disgusting. I had to just throw both bags away. Note to self: Never purchase food from amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBlE QUALITY, April 24, 2013
I love the Jack Links teriyaki beef jerky. HOWEVER, the two packages they sent me were absolutely disgusting in quality. Riddled with fatty and trashy pieces of meat, and completely disgusting. I am very disappointed in this. The 15% off is still not worth it.
I'm going to throw these away now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Molded after a few days, September 8, 2013
Product was covered in a white mold after a few days of getting it. Do not buy this beef jerky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious jerky, October 27, 2009
This is probably the best mass-produced beef jerky on the market. It isn't too tough or dry like cheaper brands, isn't too sweet or spicy either. Only problem is that as a snack I feel it isn't overly healthy. (It has MSG, sodium nitrite and a lot of sodium). However it is a low-fat, high-protein food, and very tasty.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper at Walmart, April 28, 2010
This review is from: Jack Link's Beef Jerky (Grocery)
Good stuff....but. I'd gotten some at Walmart but didn't really pay attention to the price (for one bag). I enjoyed it so much that I searched for it on Amazon (in bulk) and ordered three different flavors. I happened to be in Walmart the next morning and discovered to my surprise that it was significantly cheaper there. (Walmart $3.50 for a 3.5oz bag, Amazon about $23.00 for ten 1.5oz bags - almost 50 cents an ounce more from Amazon plus you have to purchase it in bulk). I find that I tend to order blindly from Amazon when I'm actually purchasing from Amazon and not a third-party vendor because I'm so used to fantastic savings. This was a bit of a wake-up call. I will give kudos to Amazon for their customer service policies, though. I was able to cancel my order relatively hassle free.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, August 28, 2013
I love Jack Link's Teriyaki beef jerky, but it was a mistake purchasing it online. I had to throw away most of each of the packs because the meat was either incredibly tough (I almost broke a tooth!) or there was fat. It was honestly quite disgusting and not the quality I am used to with Jack Link's!

1.0 out of 5 stars Raised price for coupon, December 8, 2013
BeckyW "BeckyW" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Great product, but I'm giving this a 1 star review for Amazon increasing the price when they offered a coupon. I have this on my monthly "subscribe and save" so I can tell with 100% certainty that they raised the price several dollars in the last couple days, over what it has been for months. Boo Amazon. :(

Rate and Discover Movies