5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!
These are along the line of Slim Jims but have a milder, less spicy, taste. The X-Sticks also have a much better texture than Slim Jims, these things actually look like they are made of real meat, NOT the 'mystery meat - goat hair/cardboard' texture of the modern Slim Jim.

Published on October 1, 2008 by Ken M

1.0 out of 5 stars Expired
The first time I got these, everything was great. The second time, however, the sticks tasted a bit off... then I notice the 3-months-expired date on them.
Published on June 22, 2011 by Jake G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, October 1, 2008
Ken M (Oxnard, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Link's X-Stick, Original, 0.5-Ounce X-Sticks (Pack of 50) (Grocery)

The X-Stick is 'not exactly' a health food snack. They have a fair amount of fat, a little over 5 grams (each stick, in this package, is 14 grams total mass). Sodium content is about 224 mg and, about 3.2 grams of protein and only 64 calories (about 47 calories from fat) per stick.

What the X-Stick is, is a very satisfying snack. I sometimes have to miss a meal, due to my work. One or two of these take the hunger away and puts some energy back into me. I do try to limit my fat intake but do not feel guilty about snacking on these once in a while.

Enjoy.

Ken

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Meat Snack - Highly Recommended, March 13, 2010
Jack Link's "X-Stick Original" snack sticks are very good tasting and far less greasy than other "meat sticks" (like Slim Jim). These are great snacks for diabetics (like me) since they have a negligible amount of Net Carbs.

The Amazon "Product Features" incorrectly lists these as 160 Calories each, and neither the box or individual packaging list the Nutrition Facts, so I visited the Jack Links web site and found the following:

Serving Size: .5 Oz (1 stick)
Calories: 60 (45 from Fat)
Total Fat: 5g (2g Saturated Fat)
Cholesterol: 15mg
Sodium: 220mg
Total Carbohydrates: 0g
Protein: 3g

These do contain MSG, which can cause "gastric distress" in some people (like my dad).

Overall, these are great as a snacks between meals and they are so much better than the competition.

Highly Recommended!

CFH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Meat Snacks, April 12, 2011
Jean Visnefski (Wilkes Barre, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is for the 0.5 ounce X-Sticks box of 50.

First I will comment on the taste. The X-Sticks have a mild and pleasing flavor to them. They taste similar to Slim Jims, just without the chemical spiciness and odd plastic texture of Slim Jims. In a taste test, the X-Sticks would win without a problem.

Next is the price. The price for the box of 50 0.5 ounce X-Sticks tend to fluctuate on Amazon but it's still worth it, provided the price stays below $20 a box. When you combine this with the Subscribe and Save discount, you can save even more! The price of the same type of Slim Jims is almost $10 higher, so once again, the X-Sticks win.

So my final thoughts are if you're looking for a meat snack that isn't going to repeat on you an hour later, these are the way to go. Although they can't claim to be "All natural", they have more natural ingredients than the Slim Jim. These also are composed of beef and pork (yum), whereas a Slim Jim is composed of beef and mechanically separated chicken... (Eww). Anyway, I was very happy with this purchase and I highly recommend them for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expired, June 22, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of all the beef sticks I have tried, March 1, 2010
My son and I love these beef sticks! I purchased these and slim jims at the same time and was amazed how much better taste and tecture they have over slim jims. Infact I'm tempted to throw my slim jims in the trash! Perfect for your 72-hour kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay -- not nearly a Slim Jim, January 27, 2012
While certainly edible, I don't think Jack Links brings a realistic competitor here with their version of the Slim Jim. Honestly, there are some bites I take which remind me of dog food. I know we are talking about meat sticks here and not fine dining, but the texture of these is just not right, almost too granular. I know Slim Jims have that greasy taste but these guys have a bit of it too and I have to admit I kind of enjoy it. Overall, in my opinion, Slim Jims are much much better than these guys, but to each his/her own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a snack --, June 6, 2010
L. Mountford (Bellingham, WA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Jack Link's X-Sticks (Grocery)
I can't really compare these to other similar products (Slim Jim,etc.), as I had never had jerky-type snacks before I got these. I decided to take a long road trip (4500 miles round trip), and I have a tendency to get drowsy if I don't get enough protein. I decided to carry these plus some string cheese in the car to tide me over between meal stops.

I really like these. The flavor is good, the texture is fine, and the "damage" from a diet standpoint is minimal (these are 60 cal apiece, based on the Jack Links site). They're not too salty, either. Having them on the trip from Bellingham, WA to St. Louis, MO and back was a huge help. One or two of these provided just the right amount of tasty protein. The size and packaging is handy, too, and easy to open when driving.

I now keep them on hand for when I need a little pick-me-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack Link's X-sticks 30-pack, Pepperoni, December 13, 2009
This stuff is great for snacking, has a long shelf life, and convenient to pack for travel. The taste and texture is awesome. Buying on-line saves money and time. I keep a box in my office and another at home. It is a great way to enjoy group discussions and family time. Eric D., Wanamingo, MN

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy snack sticks on the cheap, May 27, 2009
I am a meat lover and this makes a perfect snack for the road. Inexpensive. Can't say the taste is outstanding but is certainly not yucky. Will get another box when this one runs out.

5.0 out of 5 stars These Are The Best, February 13, 2007