5.0 out of 5 stars Spicey, tasty goodness
These are not like the original Jacks Links beef sticks, this are tangy, spicy and long :-). At first I was upset like the other customer thinking they were going to be like the original ones but after eating more than 5 I started getting used to them with their spicyness. They are good and now I miss them :-(. Putting myself on the waiting list.
Published on January 13, 2010 by Stephen Orr

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid. Seriously gross.
I tried a new smaller version (.28 oz instead of 2.2) of this product and in a word, it was NASTY.

Published 18 months ago by Cyberninjasio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid. Seriously gross., May 10, 2013

First, grease. Just to be clear I tried two different sticks purchased from two different packages just in case the first one was a glitch, however on BOTH I managed to wipe enough straight up GREASE off the OUTSIDE of the stick and coating the packaging to make a paper towel look like I'd just tried to soak up extra grease off of a slice of Pizza Hut cheese pizza with it. That is excessively greasy for a .28oz meat stick, in my opinion. None of the other Jack Link's meat stick products I've tried have had this problem.

Second, texture. The texture, to me, feels like a cross between chewing gum and a wad of notebook paper. It's very fibrous and chewy. This could be because it's basically finely ground meat paste in a tube of something more like paper than a traditional sausage casing. Unfortunately, the end result was basically "meat gum" that tasted like a spitwad and I couldn't seem to break it down enough with my teeth in order to make it swallowable. In the end I spat out the chunks after over a minute of chewing a piece.

Third, flavor. Spicy, but not offensively so. A bit on the mild side compared to some. However, due to all the grease, the flavor COATED the inside of my mouth and thus contaminated everything else I ate or drank until it all managed to either be absorbed or washed off by drinking. The other unfortunate is that the spicy wasn't strong enough to cover the overwhelming blandness of the resultant "meat gum".

Fourth, overall. This is not a quality product in comparison with other products made by the Jack Link's company. Packaging wise and everything else, it looks like it's trying to compete for the Slim Jim market. Which is sad because Slim Jim never felt like a comparable product to Jack Link quality-wise until now, in my opinion. I've always avoided Slim Jim products in favor of Jack Link's in the past, but now I guess I'll just be avoiding both of them. A shame since I really liked Jack Link's. I'm sure there are some people out there who like this, but I'm not one of them and I can't bring myself to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicey, tasty goodness, January 13, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars They are just so delicious!, May 23, 2013
These are the best beef sticks I've ever had. The mild ones are okay, but the Angry ones are a bit better, having just enough, but not too much, spice. They are delicious, and I can eat 2 or 3 at a time if I'm hungry and call it a meal. They're packed with protein, and they say if you get enough protein you won't crave sugar so much. Make no mistake: this product is for men, people with gumption and not weaklings. Only somebody with no taste buds would find this unhelpful, because these beef sticks are delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than buying at the store!, June 8, 2014
donna riddle (Owenton, KY United States) - See all my reviews
Love these things! Much cheaper than purchasing at Wal-Mart individually. They are slightly spicy and I prefer these to slim Jim's

1.0 out of 5 stars Gross, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Jack Link's Squatch Big Stick, Mild, 2.2-Ounce Sticks (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
It's like chewing on a piece of rope that has been saturated in lard. The fibrous material which is left in your mouth is impossible to chew up, you can swallow it if you like but I won't. In a 3 words disgusting and worthless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Greasy and Extremely Chewy, December 21, 2009
Jorge (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I have been a huge fan of Jack Links beef sticks, and thought this might be a larger version. Boy, was I wrong. It was extremely greasy, not very tasty and difficult to chew. I gave up trying to eat them after two sticks. I just couldn't take it. I'll stick to the regular Jack Links beef sticks from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 25, 2012
These are by far my favorite meat snack. They are spicy, but not too spicy. Beware, they are addictive. PS. I believe 55 dollars is a little expensive for these; I would look in your local Costco or Sams Club before purchasing online.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best jack links has to offer, April 28, 2011
What can i say these are purely awesome. the taste better than anything jack links has. in my opinion its not too greasy i mean its a meat stick not true beef jerky. The value is best by far compared to volume and taste.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a lot like chewing greasy artificially flavored paper, September 3, 2014
Just tried this and indeed it is remarkably unpalatable. Mostly because it doesn't seem to digest at all with mastication and salivation. I suspect that stomach acid and churning may further break it down, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I searched the web for Jack Links + gross and again + filler to see if it was just me.

It's a lot like chewing greasy artificially flavored paper. To be fair the flavor is decent for a beef stick product. At first I thought it might just be the casing but no I think the plastic like casing may be more digestible than the internal meat product. I see that machine rendered chicken is a main component. Wonder if they bothered removing feathers, beak or feet first. Awful texture, mediocre flavor, but I felt that one stick was way too much to eat in one sitting. I may however save the rest in the trash.

One advocate in the review posts suggested that those not camping or roughing it outdoors may not appreciate the product. So if you are in survival mode this is recommended over shoe leather, bark or dirt? I'd agree to that.

If it's something that I'm going to pay for an choose to eat then I'm pretty sure that there are better choices. Maybe it is recommended fare for a Sasquatch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DOG treats-humans will love them, too!, October 8, 2014
I have made multiple purchases if this product from this seller. VERY SATISFIED! This is a great product at a great price. Quality & value can't be beat. Much cheaper than in the stores, stay fresh packaging. With all the dog treats being so deadly-we have made the complete switch to Jack Link's Sasquatch Big Sticks. Cut them in pieces and the dog goes WILD for them.

I assume they taste delicious since the dog seems to love them but she never says thank you ...slightly ungrateful attitude there, I must say...

We will be ordering again!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›