Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 7:41:46 AM PDT
Please dont use Tom Cruise to portray Jack. Still see Tom as a Navy jock. Tom Cruise is a poor choice.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 1:47:46 PM PDT
Joyce says:
I agree, Tom Cruise is definitely not Reacher material. I just could not believe him as Jack in any movie.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:19:26 PM PDT
jeremy renner. not 6 foot five but much better choice for reacher than tom flippin cruise.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 8:43:48 AM PDT
jad says:
Because of the casting of Tom Cruise as Jack I don't even want to buy any more of Lee Child's books, which I would have done immediately. Maybe I'll just wait until they come into the library and take it/them out. Soooooooo disappointing!!!! and that begs the question: " what the hell were they thinking?" Guess they-whoever they is--don't realize how much the readers get into the main characters, how we picture them because of the author's description and, if we're going to go see the movie how we expect Jack to look like and be as large as the author said he is!!!! Bad, bad, bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was it done because they think Mr. Cruise is a bigger money draw? If so, I think the they made a large mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 1:18:41 PM PDT
Patric says:
Reacher was a big man, six feet five inches tall, heavily built, and that night as always he looked a little ragged and unkempt...
Tom Cruise is too short

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 7:10:54 AM PDT
Anyone but Tom C. James Caviezel or Timothy Olyphant (Justified, Hitman) would be my pick.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 10:21:50 PM PDT
Anna says:
It doesn't matter what the fans think about Tom Cruise portraying Jack Reacher. It's wrong from the git go but the movie industry will make sure that Tom Cruise is tall enough, big enough, and with hands like a chicken or turkey and scruffy enough to be believable. But since I know Tom Cruise's real bio I won't believe a bit of the hype of the movie making industry.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 10:27:59 PM PDT
Anna says:
I would love to see Jim Caviezel as Reacher, and I hope to have my e-copy of A Wanted Man soon and I hope that my opinion is better than the two reviews already published. I have spent the last four weeks rereading all 16 Reacher books especially 61 Hours and Worth Dying For. It doesn't matter what happens, if it's Lee Child's writing, then it's vintage Jack Reacher.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 7:31:00 PM PDT
I truly couldn't believe that they cast Tom Cruise as Reacher. Was Justin Bieber busy? Really Hollywood, I understand that Cruise is guaranteed box office but key to EVERY Reacher story is his size and his ability to defeat virtually anyone in hand to hand combat. What were you possibly thinking. I'll likely not even bother to watch it when it makes Netflix...which will probably be 3 weeks after release.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 9:03:12 PM PDT
They cast Cruise because Tommy-boy paid for the movie rights himself. Now you can laugh as he struggles to act his way out of a wet paper bag and ruin an entire book franchise all at the same time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 8:38:49 AM PDT
Anna says:
Totally agree!

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 8:09:54 AM PDT
merrimari says:
Me too! Only thing big about Tom C is his ego...I won't be paying to see this movie

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 3:44:01 PM PDT
I agree. I do not think Tom Cruise is a good choice for Jack Reacher. He does not come close to the hunk of a man Reacher is.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:40:34 PM PDT
Bookworm says:
A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel
I'm so disgusted that Lee Child would sell out Reacher for Tom Cruise that for the first time I have not pre-ordered a Reacher book. Not even interested. Now Jim Caviezel would come close to filling Reacher's very large shoes. Tom Cruise no way - I'll keep my own mental image thank you very much!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:54:58 PM PDT
Anna says:
I don't think Lee Child had any control over the screenplay or actor chosen to portray Reacher once he sold the movie rights to his novel. I am enjoying A Wanted Man just because it is about Reacher. Don't allow a movie version ruin your enjoyment of Lee Child's novels. Most movies have nothing in common with the book. I am rereading Gone Tomorrow and found an apt quote from Reacher: "Truth is, my face is plain and ordinary. Very forgettable. My guess is most people recognize me by my silhouette, which is not ordinary." End quote, page 66. I believe casting director missed this quote about Reacher. I also would love Jim Caviezel as Reacher.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 2:36:03 PM PDT
guys it was just a simple mistake. Dyslexia - 6'5" jack reacher was read incorrectly by the dyslexic casting director as 5'6" tom cruise.

Not sure whether to buy A Wanted Man or not for my upcoming flight to West Africa. Mainly negative feedback so far.

I agree Jim Caviezel would be an option, what about Tom Hardy or Hugh Jackman

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 1:01:16 PM PDT
Jeremy Strathem. Tall, older, deep voice, and you would believe he could make that shot!

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 10:48:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2012 10:49:09 AM PDT
It makes me sick that Tom Cruise is playing Reacher...really????????? What in the world were the Hollywood producers thinking. I would never go see the movie, since I have read all the Reacher books, it would be a joke. Are they going to put all midgets in the co-starring roles so that Cruise will appear tall? How are they going to pull this off? Foolish!!

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 4:17:56 AM PDT
This is a reply to Sandra who sent me an e-mail , asking my opinion of Tom Cruise as big Jack .
Definitely no Sandra as far as i am concerned , the whole point of Jack Reacher is , he is a
giant of a man . Someone like Liam Neeson would be much better . I have a lot of time for
Tom Cruise he keeps himself superbly fit , and i believe does all his own stunts . But to play
the part of big Jack never . Sorry i deleted your email in error .
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Wanted Man (with bonus short story Deep Down): A Jack Reacher Novel
A Wanted Man (with bonus short story Deep Down): A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
3.8 out of 5 stars   (3,116)