4.0 out of 5 stars Should have been on the boxed set
Luckily my local retailer shelved this item a week early so I already have it.

Published on October 9, 2009 by D. Ferrari

3.0 out of 5 stars First season all over again.
I found this DVD to pretty much be a rerun of their first season. I know there was some hang up with the first season footage, and this seems to have "fixed" it. There were some funny things on there, but I had seem them already. Some of those included:
Rugby
Published on March 30, 2012 by The Best Out West

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have been on the boxed set, October 9, 2009
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
Luckily my local retailer shelved this item a week early so I already have it.

The stunts and clips on this are really some of the best the show had to offer and it was nothing short of tragic that they were left off of the boxed set. I am of the opinion that the boxed set was really poorly done in that it should have been episodic rather than just 3 conglomerations of edited down stunts and skits.

That being said I am really glad that some of these gems are finally on DVD. The original "Satan vs. God" is presented in all its uncensored (read unbleeped) glory. Knoxville breaking his ankle trying to jump the "LA river" on rollerskates is included and uncensored. "Self Defense Test" "Milk Challenge". All are slices of fried gold. The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars from me is that this material should have been released on the boxed set.

Bottom line is if you are a fan This is an absolute MUST have to complete the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, October 24, 2009
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
If people would take the time to read descriptions they would know that this is not "totally unseen footage." What we have here is a collection of segments that were never released on DVD, plain and simple. There were many reviewers of the Jackass box set that were unhappy that some bits were left off....well here they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ass Funny Ass Ever, September 15, 2011
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
These guys have made me laugh more over the last 10 years than I had in the previous 20. Such a random cast from different backgrounds but somehow it comes together to be the funniest thing on TV or video in 3 generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Stop With the Complaining, January 12, 2010
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
I'm tired of hearing everyone complain, saying that this was not unseen footage. No one, including Paramount ever said it was "previously unseen", but it is however previously un-released on DVD. Sure we may have seen these on TV, but whats it been, a decade since we've seen these skits.These skits specifically are the ones they don't show and haven't shown on TV for close to 8 years ever since they were sued for people attempting these certain early stunts.

3.0 out of 5 stars First season all over again., March 30, 2012
Night Monkey
Self Defense
Stun Collar
Fastfood Football

Also, the guys jumped into A Lot of bushes, which had been done to death in the first season. I was really disappointed because this is billed as new material and it's not.

Another thing that pulled it down for me was that these were the early skits where they didn't really have editing down. The funny parts were present, but so was all the dead air before and after. Yes, there were some funny things in this DVD, and if you're a fan it's for you, but this isn't one I'd buy. Renting it and seeing it once was good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY and Cool, January 5, 2014
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
I absolutely LOVE JACKASS. It is my favorite show to watch. Johnny Knoxville, Stevo, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Weeman, Preston Lacy, Dave England, and Danger Erhen. I love this dvd its very funny and would recommend it to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars The LOST Tapes?, February 28, 2010
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
Well, I want to start by saying this little DVD is so funny. It has over 2 hours of Jackass skits not released on the box sets. That is unfortunate. Basically, these should be called the Unreleased Tapes.
One complaint: the original version of the Self Defense skit had Knoxville putting on a bulletproof vest and shooting himself. Why is that not here?

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the Same, But That's Not Exactly Bad, April 27, 2014
Purple Mange (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
Some great stuff in this package. I'm a longtime fan of Jackass, and so I've tried to just collect everything they put out, but this might not be a great jumping off point or a good purchase for an idle fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Old school Jackass, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
Alot of old footage that didnt make MTV, mostly first and second season. Its basically them searching for funny material that wasnt that good

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Jackass: The Lost Tapes (DVD)
I HAVE SEEN ALL THE JACKASS MOVIE AND THE TV SERIES BUT THIS IS BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS. SO FUNNY AND COMICAL . I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO JUST ABOUT ANYONE THAT WANTED A GREAT LAUGH.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Jackass: The Lost Tapes
Jackass: The Lost Tapes by Johnny Knoxville (DVD - 2009)
$12.98 $7.32