Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: Amazon VideoChange
Price:$2.99

on August 3, 2008
I am 58 years old and would never have watched this movie even if it promised to make me look like Halle Berry. But my 25 year-old son was in the living room, cackling like a hen when I passed through on my way to the kitchen. Holding his side, he begged me to come and what this one scene. Reluctantly and with great trepidation I did. More than an hour later, I was still in front of the television, laughing my butt off.

I can't even say why this movie is funny because it is sooooo ridiculous. And there are parts where I'm glad that I wasn't eating even birthday cake at the time (wait a minute - I WAS eating a piece of my own birthday cake and had to put it down to keep from blowing chunks). Even the "actors" in this flick blew a few more times than a woman with morning sickness. It is that nasty in places. Even the cameramen, often in helmets, were repulsed at times.

However, at the end of the movie, I was hoarse and my body sore from laughing. The next morning, I had muscles hurting that I didn't even know I had. Some of the scenes just defied imagination. I came of age during a time of LSD and none of these things came to mind among that generation. WHAT WERE THESE GUYS ON?!

If you are just looking for a rip-snorting, mindless good time, check out this movie. With all that is going on in the world right now, you can do this for 93 minutes. In the meantime, I will be watching the first installment.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 6, 2008
Jackass II: The Movie

Jackass II: The Movie is made up even more outrageous dumb, mindless pranks you'd expect of an infantile college fraternity without any adult supervision.

The movie including the DVD is not without merit, however. If you still have an annoying neighbor with teenage boys this might make an ideal Christmas present. You'd want to give it anonymously, of course.

Sure there are warnings throughout the movie DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME. You and I both know that a teenage boy is going to ignore those and try them anyway. That's where the anonymity comes in handy, Nobody can sue you.

Highly recommended for people with annoying teenage boys as neighbors and for any teenage boy you just don't like very much.

Gunner February, 2008
11 comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2006
I liked "Jackass" and I liked this new one even better. What Johnny Knoxville and his merry band of idiots have done brilliantly is use this countries political correctness against them. They know what is funny far better than the PC crowd. Terrorists, funny. Naked grandmas, funny. People hurting themselves, funny. For years we have been adding things to our "Not Funny" list and thus eliminating them from our movies. That means that our multiplexes are filling up with toothless, light-hearted films masquerading as comedies. In an ad for this film a crowded theater filled with people engaging in uproarious laughter is showed. Then the ad asks when the last time was that you had an experience like that. My guess is that it wasn't during "Rumor Has It," or "Big Momma's House 2," or "Just My Luck." So the way I see it the Jackass gang is reminding us what it's like to laugh. Or put another way, they're bringing funny back.

That is not to say that all of their stunts are golden. Some, such as the medicine ball dodge ball, seem uninspired. Others were too much for me to handle. I could've lived without the leech on the eyeball, and the fish hook, and especially the horse milk. But without trying everything they may never have come across more hilarious ones such as the puppet show and the bungee jump. The best were the pranks with Spike Jonze as a naked grandma and Johnny Knoxville as a bad grandpa. The one where the bad grandpa gets in a fight with a "hippie" over his parenting technique was divine. And I ask you, who is the real jackass in that stunt, Knoxville or the nosy pedestrian who is being Punk'd? I also think Knoxville should get some credit for holding this film together. His flair for theatrics has gotten better since the original, probably due to his movie star experiences. And that cackling laughter of his works the same way as a laugh track on a sitcom. I mean if the guy with his arm in the bear trap is having the time of his life then why aren't you? I did feel at times that the directing was too polished. It should have been grittier so as not to nullify the pain these people were in.

If all stupid movies were as much fun as this one I would never complain about the dumbing down of Hollywood. I can't remember the last time 95 minutes went by so quickly. I do wonder if parents still think video games are quite as harmful as they used to. Back in the day playing outside meant tossing the football around with the neighbors. Today it means riding a shopping cart into a brick wall. I would never have the nerves of steel, or desire, to swim with sharks, but I had a blast watching these guys do it. Finally, I would like to officially state that I will be first in line as soon as they make number 3 (whatever that means). ***3/4
33 comments56 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2006
Saying this movie was really funny is an understatement to how funny this movie really is. This movie will have u laugh, cringe and make you throw up in a good way all at the same time. Now like people who saw the movie said there are definately scenes that you may look away from because of how disgusting they are. So I will tell you some of the funniest non nude stunts in the movie. There are a lot. One of the funniest is the firehose rodeo where Dave England actually rides a firehose and flies off of it. How he walks right after he flew off is hilarious. Another stunt is one that was pulled as a prank on the Jackass crew. There was this sign on the wall of them being here. What they don't know is there is a punching bag right behind it. Another funny one involved Brandon Novak and when he skied down the stairway in April and Phil's house, and there was of course the Phil switcheroo where Phil is replaced by a sex craved other Phil,There was also the infamous Rocket scene where Knoxville flies 60 feet in the air and lands into the water. There was also the Gauntlet where people try to avoid sandbags and they all get hurt. There was also the rocket shopping cart and the jet propelled bike where Matt Hoffman nails a sick move. and the funniest was the bungee jump. Where Preston Lacy was anchoring Wee man for the bungee jump and well lets say he gave way. Now this movie does get 5 stars but there is at least 2 problems with the movie that will most likely appear on the dvd in deleted scenes one that was never shown in the movie was where all the guys dress up as animals and go all around India, and the other which was advertised in the trailer was the infamous tooth pool thing involving Don Vito. I was a little bit disapointed that wasn't in the movie, but other then that it was the greatest movie I've ever seen. Don't listen to those guys that said it was bad. Go see it even a Jackass hater may like this movie.
on August 12, 2007
Okay....let's say it right now and get it over with. There shouldn't be a Jackass Number 3 because, based on what you see here, there is a bar that probably can't be hurdled.

Knoxville does the impossible and rides a giant rocket a la Wile E. Coyote. Can that be surpassed? Pontius creates all new internet debates as to whether or not a certain stunt qualified as bestiality or a simple homosexual act. I don't think anyone is willing to follow in those footsteps.

Great stuff in this movie....I nearly wet myself with laughter watching the John Waters/Make WeeMan Disappear trick. Other good material consisted of the Pontius/Knoxville/angry tree boa Puppet Show, bungee jumping with Preston and WeeMan, the Musical Number, fun with cattle, and don't forget the bonus material! A lot of footage that didn't make it into the film itself, but....educational to say the least. Anything where John Waters is present is going to be...different, let us say.

My one real dislike of the movie came about during the Terror Taxi segment. The stunt went on too long, and in light of the world we live in today, not all that funny. Guys, putting shaved body hair on someone's face and calling it a fake beard is hilarious....getting into a cab going to an airport and making veiled references is just plain stupid and not very sensitive. Another skit(s) that made me think along the lines of 'didn't we just do this about 10 minutes ago?' were the ones involving Old People with Exposed Body Parts. They got redundant and in my opinion distracted somewhat from the rest of the movie with their frequency.

Based on the above dislikes this movie would only rate about 4 stars, but the bonus material more than pays for the dvd and makes up for those shortcomings, hence a full 5 for this product.
on December 30, 2006
The main pleasure in the Jackass series is along the lines of the Three Stooges - except the action is real, and there's no plot. In reality, each individual stunt here has its own sort of plot, or rather setup, and no sooner does this one end that another begins. In other words, Jackass 2 has non-stop variety, and the stunts themselves may leave some viewers slack-jawed (after they're done laughing). Whereas Jackass 1 had many segments in japan, the latest installment is thoroughly American in its overall feel - thus the predominance of snakes and horses in the most memorable stunts. And rockets. Most films like this have an audience warning asking viewers not try these stunts; it's hard to imagine anyone wanting to do what we see here.

The action is so beyond what anybody would expect that Jackass 2 turns out to be incredibly entertaining in its wildly cartoonish way. In my screening, everyone found themselves laughing, and hard, sometimes in spite of themselves.
on May 26, 2007
I'm not even remotely a fan of Jackass but I had watched the first movie, and when I was going to see number two I kept thinking there was no way these guys could out do themselves with this one. Man I was so wrong.

This movie had me laughing so much I had to take asprins because I had gotten a headache. There are to many parts in this movie that had me rolling all over the floor (especially the switcharoo in the bed, the small toilet, bad grandpa).

I'm even compelled to say this movie could even be the best sequel to date since Godfather Part 2.

Well don't take mine or anyone else's word for it, go and see it.

WARNING: DO NOT EAT ANYTHING BEFORE AND DURING THE MOVIE.
VINE VOICEon January 15, 2008
Sinced this movie is pretty much the same thing as the first only more extreme I'm using the same review for it. I sat down and watched this second installment in the Jackass movie series and found myself saying......what a Jackass again! The name of this film is so appropriate that I could not stop laughing again. It's a one trick pony but, it is extremely funny and disgusting at the same time! The pranks are more extreme this time and they do some truely vile things in this one but.....it's still brainless fun. I found this DVD for under $5.00 and it was worth every penny with all the extras included. I give it 3 1/2 stars for making money out of being a total Jackass!
66 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2007
I didn't even know that this movie was coming out until a month before it did, so I was pleasantly surprised. The previews didn't look good, but fortunately, that was because they saved the best for the movie! It's great that with the Jackass alumni doing their own thing (Johnny's movie career, Viva La Bam, Wildboyz, Homewrecker) that they were able to reunite for this movie. They prefaced the release of this film with the release of the TV series on dvd. I only hope there is more Jackass to come, it really is a cultural symbol of this decade, like it or not, and a lot of the comedy in it is modeled after The Three Stooges in my opinion.
on March 20, 2013
My husband likes comedies and I don't, but it was his night to pick and, after two failed attempts, we settled on Jackass Number 2. My husband really got some good laughs. I spent most of the time dumbfounded with a few laughs in between and quite a few moments when I had to look away because, well, it was too disgusting. So, um, yeah ... this rating is from my husband.