4.0 out of 5 stars they're censored!!!
Published on December 11, 2002 by Numb_Nuts

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit of a let down.........
I don't know about anyone else, but this was possibly the most eagerly awaited DVD of the year, well for me, anyway.
Whilst I love Jackass and can watch most of it anytime without getting bored, I was really looking forward to owning this DVD.
Published on December 29, 2002 by T&D

4.0 out of 5 stars they're censored!!!, December 11, 2002
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
THESE DVD'S ARE CENSORED!!!(thats why i gave them 4 stars)Now i love the show and the movie was awesome, so when i found out these dvd's were coming out, i pre-ordered them first chance i got...later i saw the covers for them, which have a parental advisory on them, so naturally i thought, "FINALLY some uncut jackass!"(excluding the movie). Well now i find out that they are still bleeped! theres nothing i can do now, they're bought and paid for, and im still glad i have them but it should have been stated somewhere that they would still be censored. Also, there is NO added or unaired footage. Everything on here was on tv. If you don't mind the beeps, then they are still awesome! and a final comment for the 2 who say otherwise, volume one will NOT be released next year or anytime for that matter, INSTEAD there are supposed to be full UNCENSORED seasons coming to dvd once the legal situation is solved, key word there "SUPPOSED".

4.0 out of 5 stars "Jackass" is always great, but they've left out the BEST SKIT (3.5 stars), December 8, 2005
Clare Quilty (a little pad in hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MTV Jackass, Vol. 1 (DVD)
Where is the "SELF-DEFENSE PRODUCTS DEMONSTRATION"?

That's the one in which Johnny Knoxville subjects himself to pepper spray, an electrified cattle prod and taser darts. That's the first "Jackass" sketch I saw and it's hilarious, still one of my favorites.

When Vol. 2-3 came out, I was hoping it would be on one of those.

It wasn't.

So, I thought, surely it'll be on Vol. 1.

It's not.

Still, there are over 100 chapters here and some really good sketches:

"Poo Cocktail," "Johnny Coxville," "BMX Joust," "Sumo Wrestling," "Daddy and Baby (1-3)," "The Goldfish," "50 Egg Challenge," "Egg Nog Challenge," "Landskiing" (with Bam Margera doing one of the best falls of the series); "Beekini," "Bam Beating Phil for a Day," "Prostitute Boat Race," "Skunk," "Steve-O Shot Glass" and the extremely funny "Oklahoma," in which Preston gets whipped by dominatrices.

This is a good set but the one scene I bought it to have isn't on here. Alas.

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit of a let down........., December 29, 2002
T&D (Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
But it is dissapointing, it's a bit of a let down for me, The 'bleeps' which cover swearing are still intact, and the fuzzy screen whenever there is nudity and [stuff] remains too, Now I don't really want to see male nudity, but I want the full picture, a chunk of the soundtrack has gone too, which dissapoints as some skits were really complete with the music.
I love the show and all the 'guys' from it, but I may aswell have taped it from MTV... its no different.
Also the volume one is missing, because of stupid kids copying it and lawsuits etc. I still rate the DVD because I rate the show, I can't wait for the movie, but I long for a complete collection with extras etc, in a nice deluxe boxset, like the cKY series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge Jackass fan very disappointed, December 11, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
I am a huge fan of Jackass, but am extremely disappointed. I was expecting extra footage, no bleeping of curse words or blurring of naughty bits, but no... these DVD's are exactly what was on TV & I already had every episode on tape. Now I'll be the sucker buying them again when the 'deluxe & uncensored' version comes out. It's still really funny though, so If you don't have them on tape or have never seen these episodes, then pick it up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just tape it off the TV, for FREE, July 23, 2005
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
1)The curse words are censored, and so is the nudity (just like on TV).

2) No special features whatsoever.

3) This is not seasons 2 and 3 of the show. It is a compilation of so-called "greatest Jackass moments".

4) Some of the funniest skits/stunts are cut out, and in some of the skits the original songs have been changed to something else.

5) Just to avoid any confusion, there is no "Volume 1".

I guess if you have no other way to watch Jackass, this would have to do. But for a true fan of the show, this is so disappointing. Even the Jackass guys have said in interviews that this DVD set sucks, and that MTV sucks.

The only thing you gain from buying this over just taping it off TV is no commerical interruptions. Other than that it is just like watching the show on TV, only with many of your favorite stunts cut out, and some of your favorite songs replaced! I'm not advocating piracy or anything, but send MTV a message that we are not morons who will stand for being blatantly ripped off! Don't spend your hard-earned money on this POS

3.0 out of 5 stars What a let down!, January 31, 2003
benjamin pardee (Ashland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
Okay, not only is this DVD lacking some of the better skits (any of the CKY stuff with Bam and Phil, the egg-eating contest, etc) they included some of the lamer skits like the metallic suit, beard of leeches, and Gumball 2000. Seriously lacking and let's not mention the edited scenes, this DVD was promised to show "what MTV wouldn't allow on air". The only skit I hadn't seen on MTV was the omelette, or should I say Vomelette. All in all, still entertaining, but a real big let-down for this Jackass fan. Buy the CKY box set instead!

4.0 out of 5 stars A "Greatest Hits" mix of Seasons 2 & 3, June 5, 2004
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
Since we can't get a box set of every episode, we're given a chopped and sliced collection of the 2nd and 3rd installments of the Jackass series. The first season is not available for purchase. Instead, buy CKY Landspeed...aside from a few Knoxville skits, that's basically all the first season was.
Each disc is over an hour long and contains a fairy nice menu set-up: crosshairs appear over a skit and when you click on them, it plays a short clip of some sort of painful action before moving to the selected menu. Bonus features include a trivia game (you'll have to pay attention to the entire DVD if you want to pass it, and each disc has different questions), photo gallery and a mildly interesting cast biography page. Check out Knoxville's real name...hah!
Season 2 contains memorable stunts such as Knoxville's 'Cup Test', The 'Snake River BMX Jump', 'American Werewolf (In London)', Steve-O's infamous 'Butt Piercing', the CKY crew's 'Bucket Cars', Steveo versus Dunn in 'Stilt Boxing', and last but not least Steve-O's .Bobbing for Jellyfish'.
Season 3's assortment of stunts include: the bizarre 'Spermathon' (in which members of the Jackass crew visit a sperm bank and test various things...you'll just have to see), 'Office Chairs', Ryan Dunn's 'Stupid Idea Rolling Down a Hill', the stomach turning 'Omlette', and Chris Pontius's outrageous Playgirl audition...
All in all, a great little set. Two hours is more than enough to cure your hunger for grown men doing childish things.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOME FUNNY STUFF + COMMENTARY = 5 STARS, September 12, 2008
This review is from: Jackass, Vol. 1 (DVD)
JACKASS VOL.1

I was just sitting there bored the other night and was wondering what should watch, I was only one home with nothing to do on a day off. So there I was looking at my collection wondering what have not watched since I bought it, and there it was. It had been a while since I had seen any thing Jackass related, and I used to watch this stuff all the time. I realized just how much I missed this how once I finished viewing it; I wish these guys would get together one last time before they are too old.

Any way there are a lot of funny things on this DVD and some that are just ok. But I learned one thing about viewing this alone, it is much funnier when you watch any of this with your friends. Maybe it is just the atmosphere that is created when there are a lot of people watching some stupid stuff. Also I have to say that the second half in my opinion is better then most of the first off, still it is all good if you are bored. None the less there are a lot of really good moments and not surprising a lot feature Bam, Dico, Ryan, and the CKY crew. Things such as the BMX Joust, and the classic Shopping Carts segment, of course all of them have good moments [Preston's pee gag is great, those people acted so cool to his face and then clowned him once he left]. I feel like this is a little hard to review due to the fact that it is a collection of season 1 and the full season. I guess over everything else the best thing about this release is the hilarious commentary that the guys provide; in fact it makes the show that much better. These guys are a lively bunch and that shows even more just listening to these guys make fun of them selves and each other. They rip on Ehren bad on this track, so much so that you feel bad for him.

I think over all this with out the commentary would get a rating of 4, with it gets a 5. After viewing this twice once with the commentary I think I might have to watch all Jackass related things all week long, yeah that sounds good.

5.0 out of 5 stars :D, January 8, 2004
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
If you enjoy watching stupid people doing stupid stuff, you;ll love this with a passion. It's a must buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars HAHAHAHAHA!!!, March 23, 2003
This review is from: MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) (DVD)
I watched the very first episode of Jackass a few years ago and really enjoyed the show, but unfortunately, i myself didn't have cable...so i hadn't watched the show since. but recently i saw the movie. i laughed so hard my stomach ached. so i bought volumes 2 and 3 of the show as soon as i could. they were hilarious. i would have rated them 5 stars only they're edited, so i docked a star. the censors really took away from the whole shock value, and it was disappointing to say the least. but once you get past that it's awesome... plus, steve-o is damn sexy!

Rate and Discover Movies