5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute BEST video of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis!
Published on May 30, 2000 by Joseph M. Ginn

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
I was totally not happy with this DVD. It's kind of boring and I hated the voice overs. The chick that was reading Jackie's diaries was so lame. Don't waste your money on this one. I wished it had more pics of Jackie instead of scenery pictures of Rhode Island and Virginia and DC and NYC. I wouldn't recomend it.
Published on July 7, 2007 by shd7s

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute BEST video of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis!, May 30, 2000
Joseph M. Ginn (Idabel, Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
I admit it....I am a consumate collector of Jackie Kennedy books, magazines, and videos. I have all videos that are available, including all the are listed here at amazon.com. Don't get me wrong: all of these videos are wonderful windows to the past, and I recommend that you have these for your collection as well. However, this video has something special..something difficult to describe. I believe it captures the "feeling" and esssense of Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. This video strives to make Mrs. Onassis alive and a vivid, living person who sustained unspeakable tragedies. To be able to carry on and raise two wonderful children after seeing her husbands head explode is a testament to her inner strength and courage. I admire(d) her enourmously even though I, like so many of you, was born after President Kennedy's murder in Dallas. I have watched and re-watched this video many times and have yet to tire of it. So many people who were friends and business associates speak glowingly of her and her times and accomplishments. We need another Jackie Kennedy today in this ungracious world of ours and this video serves to prove that need. Buy this video.....I promise you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, July 23, 2001
This is a great video. It shows many rare clips I'd never seen before. Though I'd already read a few books on Jackie I still learned new info. Covers her life from birth to death (not just the presidency years). I highly recommend it for both ardent fans, and people just learning about her.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST JACKIE FILM EVER, November 21, 2001
By A Customer
The writer/producer of the film has completed an in depth view of Jacqueline as a wonderful book editor. Read 'Jackie Beyond the Myth of Camelot' if you wish to discover all the authors Jackie edited. Book includes Peter, Beard, Louis Auchincloss, Peter Sis, dancers Martha Graham, Judith Jamison, Balanchine, and Edvard Radzinsky, and over forty fascinating authors, poets, photographers, and artists.

5.0 out of 5 stars The embodiment of the term First Lady, March 16, 2002
By A Customer
I just saw this video on PBS and was incredibly moved. I have always admired her strength, intelligence, style, and devotion to her children, all of which is represented in the video. It is particulary strong in demonstrating just how committed she was in bringing the arts to the White House and to the American people. It was stunning and thought-provoking when one of the commentators on the video stated that Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was the last public figure to champion the arts.
The incredible wealth of footage and newsreels combined with the interviews with friends and colleagues provide a sensitive, warm tribute to one of our country's most special and respected women.

5.0 out of 5 stars I look up to Jackie Kennedy, August 15, 2000
A Kid's Review
My Mom wanted me to watch this film with my brothers and sisters because Jackie cared so much about being a good mother and also maintaining her own interests. It's hard to be a good mother and work and as my mother siad to me, "Most people don't think of her as a single mom, but she had to raise her kids after a terrible tragedy, and she did it alone." I also love ballet and I have that in common with Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She is a great role model.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, July 7, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Still enigmatic., December 3, 2013
This review is from: Jackie - Behind the Myth (DVD)
The title is slightly misleading, but I enjoyed this documentary very much. Jackie is still very enigmatic so one can only get "behind the myth" to a certain degree, but I learned a great deal more about her background and early life with John Kennedy. DVD was delivered very quickly & perfectly packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Jackie - Behind the Myth (DVD)
This did not make her seem beyond reach. It shows she was a human and I loved it. CLASSY LADY

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackie On Film, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Jackie - Behind the Myth (DVD)
PBS is one of the best publicly owned networks and always produces the best quality work. Great because it brings together many historical pieces of footage that I have seen but did not know their precise context. This film bring everything into context and frames every event in chorological order.

I did enjoy how it was attempted to retain Jackie's voice throughout the film, however it was also one of the things I liked the least. There are several times in the film when someone speaks as though trying to mimic the tone and inflection of her voice which should never be done.

However the context of the film itself was very good. I recommend reading a Bio on Jackie before you watch the film. It allows you to understand the facts in the film that are mentioned in passing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this biography, February 4, 2009
Dawn Hardcastle (Salt Lake City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jackie - Behind the Myth (DVD)
It was really detailed but not depressing. I thought I covered a lot of the historical facts around her life without intruding into the facts that we really don't need to know. Since she spent most of her life after the death of JFK trying to sheild herself and her children from the press it was good to see that for the most part this biography wasn't too intruding.

Jackie - Behind the Myth
Jackie - Behind the Myth by Suzanne Bauman (DVD - 2004)
Used & New from: $17.99