Customer Discussions > Songs From The Silver Screen forum

Jackie Evancho : General Discussion #1

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 2, 2012 6:52:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2012 6:53:14 PM PDT
Becky Kiesel says:
All this talk about prices, shipping, etc. Personally, I have always been a 'frequent buyer' with Amazon. But for this CD, I would be willing to pay top dollar. As long as it is applied to sales for Jackie's new CD, that's the main thing. I'm going to love having a new CD to listen to. I'm surprised my "Dream With Me" hasn't worn out yet!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 7:44:12 PM PDT
BUGGY says:
I agree, Becky. The main thing is sales for Jackie. As an example, I want to buy 12 copies. If I buy from Amazon my cost will be $177.12 (my cost limit at this time). If I buy from B&N at $8.88 my cost is $106.56. That leaves me with an extra $70.56 to apply to 7 more CD's at the B&N price. More sales by volume for Jackie, and just that much closer to that wonderful Platinum goal for her, and 7 more CD's to give to those who have yet to experience Jackie Evancho.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 7:51:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2012 4:46:58 AM PDT
M. Sims says:
New Gig: May 4th, 2013 New York Avery Fisher Hall

http://support.thirteen.org/site/PageNavigator/homepage?src=default,convio_sidebar_donate

Featured Thank You Gift:

2 Tickets: Jackie Evancho at Avery Fisher Hall, Saturday, May 4 at 7:30 p.m.
Come hear the 12-year-old classical crossover prodigy perform live at Avery Fisher Hall on Saturday, May 4 at 7;30 p.m.! $400.00

https://secure2.convio.net/wnet/site/Ecommerce/1776688435?VIEW_PRODUCT=true&product_id=24041&store_id=1141

Featured Thank You Gift:

2 Tickets: Jackie Evancho at Avery Fisher Hall, Saturday, May 4 at 7:30 p.m. + DVD: Music of the Movies + Pre-Show Meet and Greet
Come hear the 12-year-old classical crossover prodigy perfvorm live at Avery Fisher Hall on Saturday, May 4 at 7;30 p.m.! We'll include the DVD: Music of the Movies as well as a pre-show Meet and Greet! $1,000.00

https://secure2.convio.net/wnet/site/Ecommerce/1776688435?VIEW_PRODUCT=true&product_id=24042&store_id=1141

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 5:41:29 AM PDT
John Shima says:
Don't know if this has been posted here yet : Good news for Boston area fans. Jackie's new PBS special will be showing 4 times August 11-12:
Great Performances
Jackie Evancho: Music of the Movies
Saturday Aug 11 at 12:30 PM WGBH 44

Sunday Aug 12 at 2:00 PM WGBH 44

Sunday Aug 12 at 7:30 PM WGBH 2/HD

Sunday Aug 12 at 9:30 PM WGBH 44

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 8:55:44 AM PDT
Panda says:
Is that the station that previously said they were not airing the special?

Doc

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 9:04:10 AM PDT
dragonslair says:
interesting to note WNED Buffalo is showing Jackie in september for their pledge drive but are showing both specials the dream with me in concert and the songs from the silver screen.
September 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Great Performances: Jackie Evancho: Music of the Movies

In June 2011, eleven-year-old singing sensation Jackie Evancho dazzled viewers with her first GREAT PERFORMANCES solo concert from the spectacular Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida. In follow-up to her GP debut, the little girl with a big voice returns with a new special showcasing the great songs from the silver screen. Recorded in the movie palace splendor of the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles, Jackie puts her own unique stamp on such audience favorites as "My Heart Will Go On" (Titanic), "Some Enchanted Evening" (South Pacific), "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (The Lion King), "Pure Imagination" (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory), "When She Loved Me" (Toy Story 2) and many more.
Duration: 00:55:59 TVG CC

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/

September 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Great Performances: Jackie Evancho: Dream with Me In Concert

Recorded on the grounds of the spectacular John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida, this special marks the solo concert debut of the 10-year-old girl with the extraordinary soprano voice. Already familiar to national audiences from her debut appearances on America's Got Talent, this astonishing vocal sensation is the youngest star in GREAT PERFORMANCES's recent Hitman Returns: David Foster & Friends concert, performing virtuoso interpretations of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Pie Jesu" and Puccini's "O Mio Babbino Caro. " Foster returns as co-host of the concert, also serving as music director. Among the performance highlights are "When You Wish Upon A Star," "Nella Fantasia," "Nessun Dorma," "Angel," "Somewhere," "All I Ask Of You," "Ombra Mai Fu," "Imaginer," "To Believe," and "Dream With Me."
Duration: 00:58:15 TVG CC

September 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Duration: 01:29:50 TVG CC STEREO

September 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

September 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 11:24:12 AM PDT
ben says:
In the Salt Lake City area for PBS stations, KBYU (Brigham Young University station) broadcasts The Phantom of the Opera from the Royal Albert Hall at 7:00 pm followed by Dream With Me in Concert at 10:30 pm on Friday, August 10. Then on Saturday, August 11, KBYU broadcasts Music of the Movies (no time listed yet.),

On Saturday, August 11, KUED (University of Utah station) broadcasts Music of the Movies at 7 pm and then repeats it on Monday, August 13 at 7 pm.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 4:16:07 PM PDT
Preliminary listing on Amazon UK for Jackie's new album. Few details but it looks like they are planning the same October 2 release date ( although I think new releases come out on Mondays over there):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Songs-Silver-Screen-Jackie-Evancho/dp/B008R3EYWM/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344035238&sr=1-10

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2012 1:07:59 PM PDT
Emily C.B. says:
Great news John Shima. That's my station. I'll be watching!

Where did all the fans go? Already out of the top 100?? Wasn't Dream With Me was in the top 100 for months?? Sure hope things pick up when the special airs!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2012 5:18:59 PM PDT
BUGGY says:
Fans are still there Emily; Jackie is #1 at B&N and #148 at Amazon because Amazon is a bit greedy this time around. I guess "Songs From The Silver Screen" will be Barnes & Noble's big seller this year.

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 2:01:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 29, 2012 3:16:27 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 3:30:31 PM PDT
Dan Teter says:
B&N price increase to $10.79.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 4:10:53 PM PDT
BUGGY says:
Hopefully most here are as anxious to get Jackie's new CD as I am and pre-ordered before this price increase to set the purchase price at $8.88. The increase in price has dropped Jackie's sales rank at B&N to #2.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 2:38:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 3:31:03 AM PDT
pa1189 says:
Just saw this tweet from @tgrigoriy
@jackieevancho Photo Jacki from Silver Screen is very good, but not real :)

I'm no photoshop expert but can anyone see any doctoring? Hands? Hair?
Seems authentic to me, or he means real in a different sense. BTW it says tweeter is from St Petersburg.

http://min.us/iFQkHc3YcoFCX

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 5:31:46 AM PDT
Discover says:
PBS in Nebraska originally listed Jackies new PBS special on Aug 13, now also listed for Aug 11. 7:30 pm on the 11th and 9:00 pm on the 13th. (Central time)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:11:45 AM PDT
Not all station program directors are equally quick on the uptake. Some remind me of trolls (the Harry Potter really bad grade kind, not the Peer Gynt kind).

Nevertheless, good to see 'em spring to action. Better before the out-of-area stations scarf extra pledges than after.

Last go, one station was offering the DVDs for something like 25% less - Chicago? Still, I suppose I'll get one from the local folks...payback for doing the right thing on this (and for all those British comedies)...

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 4:21:34 PM PDT
Dan Teter says:
Jackie is back to #1 on B&N.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:14:42 PM PDT
Trick1 says:
Maybe with the smile, not real translates as unbelievable?

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:28:44 PM PDT
dragonslair says:
now that everyone knows Jackie has recorded an extra track "Kojo no Tsuki" on her cd for Japanese market everyone will be looking for it here as well unless she offers it as a promotional similar to Danny Boy or as an mp3 download from Itunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 5:31:19 AM PDT
Or only avail on the Japanese release?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 6:08:31 AM PDT
If it's the same deal as Susan Boyle's Japanese tracks, it will not be released in the US, but you can buy the CD, with that track, from a Japanese seller.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 6:32:30 AM PDT
pa1189 says:
Isn't this deal partly to do with the Japanese Governments attempt to keep local sales up? Actually, thinking about it, if every country where Jackie's CDs were released had a unique track for that area, how many would you be prepared to buy? Hmmm.

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 7:30:57 AM PDT
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jackie-evancho-performs-songs-from-the-silver-screen-her-new-album-due-out-october-2-165569846.html

Posted by Matt at JEFC

Jackie Evancho Performs Songs From the Silver Screen, Her New Album, Due Out October 2

The 12-year-old soprano prodigy celebrates memorable movie music in her third full-length album

NEW YORK, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jackie Evancho applies her brilliant voice and extraordinary artistry to an entirely new set of classics with the release of Songs From the Silver Screen, her newest collection for Columbia/Syco Records. It will be in stores on October 2 and may be pre-ordered now on Amazon.com and iTunes.

In her first two full-length albums, Dream With Me and Heavenly Christmas, Jackie explored musical classics from arias to holiday standards. For Songs From the Silver Screen, she offers her interpretations of a whole new category of classic music - the much-loved movie melodies that have become part of our cultural landscape.

"When I saw the movie version of The Phantom of the Opera when I was 7 years old, it made me want to become a singer - 'The Music of the Night' is one of the most beautiful songs ever written and I've always wanted to perform it [in public]," says Jackie. "My enjoyment of the Phantom score is one of the things that gave us the idea to focus an entire album on songs that stayed in our minds for a long time after the movies were over."

For this album, Jackie collaborated with Grammy-winning producer/engineer Humberto Gatica, whose lengthy and impressive experience in the music industry has seen him work closely with Grammy award winning producer David Foster, as well as with superstars like Michael Bublé, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey and Barbra Streisand.

Jackie recorded the album with some impressive company. Famed violinist Joshua Bell accompanies her on one track ("My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic) as does trumpet player Chris Botti ("The Summer Knows" from The Summer of '42) and 2Cellos ("Se" from Cinema Paradiso). There are also very special duets, one with The Canadian Tenors ("Come What May" from Moulin Rouge) and one with her older brother, Jacob Evancho ("I See the Light" from Tangled).

"No one can sing classical crossover music with the technical precision, emotion and intelligence that Jackie brings to it," says Gatica. "With the songs we've selected for this album, we can show her fans how her talent has only deepened and matured since Dream With Me, which I think was one of the most outstanding albums of 2011."

PBS was so impressed with the work on Songs From the Silver Screen that they asked her to make a second Great Performance Special; it will begin airing in August (check local listings). "Jackie Evancho: Music of the Movies" features many of the songs from the new album, including "Some Enchanted Evening" (from South Pacific), "My Heart Will Go On" (Titanic), "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" (The Lion King) and, of course, her stunning rendition of "The Music of the Night."

Her first Great Performances special, "Jackie Evancho: Dream With Me," was rebroadcast multiple times during PBS fund-raising periods and was one of their most-watched specials of 2011.

Since she was discovered on NBC's "America's Got Talent" - where she came in second in 2010 when she was just 10 years old - Jackie's career has gone very far very fast.

She was named to Billboard's "21 Under 21" list, their annual ranking of the most powerful minors in the music industry. Billboard said her spectacular successes in 2010 and 2011 - including the blockbuster releases of her holiday EP, O Holy Night and Dream With Me, and the artistic triumph of the Dream With Me special and live concert appearances - set her apart from other young performers.

When O Holy Night, which was Jackie's major label debut, was released in November 2010, it became the year's #1 best-selling debut recording with sales exceeding 1 million. It rocketed into the Billboard 200 at #2, and the EP's chart and sales success secured Jackie's position as the year's top-selling debut artist as well as the youngest female solo artist to debut during the SoundScan era. In addition to its pop chart success, O Holy Night reached #1 on the Billboard Classical Chart and #2 on the Billboard Holiday chart.

Dream With Me, released in June 2011 was her first studio album and debuted on the Billboard Top 200 chart at #2 ; it was certified Gold after only four weeks of release. And her follow-up holiday record, Heavenly Christmas, was among the top-selling holiday albums of 2011.

Jackie's beauty and poise have also led her in other directions besides music. She was selected by the GUESS Kids clothing line to be in all of their Fall 2012 print advertising. And famed film star/director Robert Redford hand-picked Jackie to play his daughter in the upcoming film "The Company You Keep."

"I am so happy that Mr. Redford picked me to be in his film. And I was excited to learn from performers that are amazing at what they do," says Jackie, who worked with a star-studded cast that included Susan Sarandon, Shia LaBeouf, Terrence Howard, Anna Kendrick, Nick Nolte and Stanley Tucci. The film will be released in 2013.

Track list for Jackie Evancho's Songs From the Silver Screen:

1. Pure Imagination - Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory

2. The Music Of the Night - The Phantom Of The Opera

3. Can You Feel The Love Tonight - The Lion King

4. Reflection - Mulan

5. The Summer Knows - Summer of '42

6. I See The Light - Tangled

7. What A Wonderful World - Good Morning, Vietnam

8. Se - Cinema Paradiso

9. My Heart Will Go On - Titanic

10. Come What May - Moulin Rouge

11. Some Enchanted Evening - South Pacific

12. When I Fall In Love - Sleepless In Seattle

SOURCE Columbia/Syco Records

PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1koHe)

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 7:46:00 AM PDT
John Shima says:
lots of new concert dates added over on the Official Jackie Evancho Site 2013 is filling up fast! The Jackie express is rolling!:
Jan 22 Minneapolis, MN State Theatre
Jan 24 Chicago, IL Symphony Center
Feb 01 Boston, MA Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theatre
Mar 12 Pittsburgh, PA Heinz Hall
Mar 14 Toronto,ON Roy Thomson Hall
May 04 New York,NY Avery Fisher Hall
May 09 Providence,RI Providence Performing Arts Center
May 16 Cleveland,OH Palace Theater at Playhouse Square
May 18 Baltimore,MD Meyerhoff Symphony Hall

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 9:24:46 AM PDT
Exactly, PA.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  148
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 31, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Songs From The Silver Screen
Songs From The Silver Screen by Jackie Evancho (Audio CD - 2012)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (564)