Customer Discussions > Dream With Me forum

Jackie Evancho - general discussion #4

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7626-7650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 7:48:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 7:58:59 AM PDT
M. Sims says:
Thats a great question, jimjosh. Its an excellent. What is the basis for these discussions? That is a question im gonna steal next time, if you dont mind.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 7:52:43 AM PDT
John Shima,

Jackie refused to sing "The Prayer", solo for the DWM CD in 2011, well after the AGT tour in 2010. Jackie wanted a duet, David came up with one with Susan Boyle. It's beautiful! Lisa wasn't misquoted, and Jackie didn't change her mind.

Best Regards,
Russ

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 7:53:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 8:06:35 AM PDT
Chas says:
John,
First you doubt me, and claim that I "misquoted". When I give you a written source with Jackie herself giving essentially the same information that I posted, you come-up with your own interpretation of Jackie's answer.
I'm not going to sift through thousands of posts to find Lisa E's exact words, but for the purposes of recording "Dream With Me", Jackie was not going to sing "The Prayer" solo. You will not find any public performance of it "solo" after the AGT tour. What Jackie would do if requested to sing it at a wedding has zero to do with your original post. Enjoy your day.

Edit: and yes, this is certainly worth a vote from the morning "no" troll. You have a nice day, too! ;-)

Posted on May 17, 2012 7:58:12 AM PDT
jimjosh says:
Jackie in Boston singing The Prayer solo on America's Got Talent tour Nov 3, 2010 complements of our MIA friend Rick Rack who gave me this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeyVYwu5UiI

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 8:00:46 AM PDT
Chas says:
The complete Dream With Me sheet music book is available at:

Jackie Evancho - Dream with Me $12.74

and

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Jackie-Evancho-Dream-With-Me-Paperback/6389281/product.html?cid=123620 $12.61

Posted on May 17, 2012 8:07:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 8:18:07 AM PDT
M. Sims says:
Good news. I was concerned how much Jackie would drop off after last week
but she is still #1 on the Billboard Classical and CC charts so high five to that!

http://www.billboard.com/charts/classical-albums

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 8:08:33 AM PDT
@Russ:
You just got a "yes" from me 'cause I don't see the justification for the 0-5 that was there before I voted.

But Lisa can speak for herself. And AFAIK not everything she's ever said is engraved in stone forever - I'm pretty sure she HAS changed her mind over time on some things. We're not in a position to see what she sees.

For someone incredibly sheltered and fragile, MOTN would definitely NOT be appropriate.

For someone whose _conduct_ is guided but who is not kept away from ideas or even from listening to songs with suggestive lyrics, just maybe it's a judgement call.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 8:11:44 AM PDT
M. Sims says:
"Why would Jackie not want to sing MOTN? I thought she said in her most recent interview that it's going to be on her album? Besides she loves the movie and all the songs. Don't see any reason why she would not want to sing it."

Exactly! Thank you LuC4!

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 8:13:33 AM PDT
Discover says:
BOGC says:

"I've been singing songs older than I am for some time now. [laughter] A few had fairly mature content, even if it was in Italian. If occasionally I should sing one in English, please don't worry: I promise not to turn into a different person all of the sudden

Well put, its sooo simple---Canadian jazz singer Nikki Yanofsky used to say about the same thing when she started out at about age twelve. (dedicated a love song to her dog,etc)

Posted on May 17, 2012 8:25:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 17, 2012 9:04:10 PM PDT]

Posted on May 17, 2012 8:30:16 AM PDT
@David: I think your memory on the quote is correct; or at any rate, I remember something along those lines too.

Makes a huge difference too, IMO - the difference between content and context.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 8:34:31 AM PDT
magique,

My bad, I read that as meaning it as a politician.

I think Jackie could do Blues and light Jazz. I would love to hear her do "Lost in the Stars", or "This Nearly was Mine".

I was pretty sure you would love Over the Rainbow!:)

Warmest Regards,
Russ

Posted on May 17, 2012 8:47:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 9:02:28 AM PDT
jimjosh says:
I just read and listened to the lyrics of MOTN over and over. I can't see anything what-so-ever where it be inappropriate for Jackie to sing.

Look, read and judge for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_baJAVx8bc

Bare in mind also this is not nor ever been a duet.

EDIT: I just listened to MOTN again and I must say it's going to be a long wait until September. We will hear what Jackie can do with her lower and higher range in this stage of her music career. Jackie will do wonders with this song.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:01:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 9:28:24 AM PDT
M. Sims says:
"I just read and listened to the lyrics of MOTN over and over. I can't see anything what-so-ever where it be inappropriate for Jackie to sing."

I agree. I listen to the song and I dont see the problem?

I just read some others wanted her to sing Unchained Melody as well.
But for someone like Russ who thinks he knows her and so much factually about her that he cant possibly know, to the point that im astounded that no one else has called him out on that except at the Curmudgeon blog.
--
Btw,
To a singer like Jackie this song may have a different meaning then to what it does to say April or someone else?
This is the movie that inspired her to sing. The music possesses her.

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:06:39 AM PDT
Great news just announced at JEFC. Jackie will film a new PBS special on June 13th.

http://myjackieevanchofanclub.com/news/news.php?uid=18

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:10:40 AM PDT
Emily C.B. says:
RIP Donna Summer - She passed away today from cancer. I hope Jackie had a chance to meet Donna when she was on the America's Got Talent finale. She sure had some great songs.
I wonder if any could be redone in a classical crossover style?

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:11:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 17, 2012 9:05:18 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:12:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 9:21:10 AM PDT
M. Sims says:
Thanks David!
I was just talking about a pbs special in chat last night and yesterday on this forum. I said that the album can sell if there is a pbs special with some sort of visual of her singing these songs with some clips of the movies.
Also I was the one who asked Lisa earlier this year if there was gonna be a pbs special, she said there was gonna be talks of ones.
This is fantastic news!

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:12:52 AM PDT
Very exciting news about the new PBS special! I was hoping that would happen.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:16:47 AM PDT
jimjosh says:
Whew, I don't think I can stand all this wonderful news all at once. This is so great to here. Not unexpected though. Jackie's was the most successful Great Performances PBS special ever. Why wouldn't they (all the powers to be) not want to do another.

@Emily, so sorry to hear about Donna. She was one of the greatest.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:19:32 AM PDT
M. Sims says:
April,
Let me just say, I think we can agree or disagree and be respectful.
I think just like heroin addiction with Angel and OMBC, she can take a song and make it her own and even though the meaning of the song originally may be inappropriate for her, for her it may have a different meaning. It could mean the music for her. She could be communicating with her fans. The music possesses her and she loves the song. I dont know what else to add but we have to agree to disagree.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:20:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 17, 2012 11:42:08 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:22:18 AM PDT
jj,

No, I don't see any trouble in Paradise, and I'm not aware of any conflicts between Sony and Jackie's team. I'm well aware that there are thousands of contracts between artist and record company. I've signed hundreds of them myself in the music business, both as a singer and as a musician, in roughly 58 years in the business.

Best Regards,
Russ

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:29:18 AM PDT
Sylvester88 says:
Wow! I need to get a ticket for this...great news!

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:32:13 AM PDT
jimjosh says:
I just got this e-mail being a premium member at Jackie's forum:
http://clicks1.musictoday.com/cts/click?q=1;117348;XeV3F7vs1LzpLBONqOEbag%3D%3D

My heart is thumping on this. I can't think of any event I would more want to go to than this. I just wish it was on my side of the world. You all out west better not miss out on this one:
Jackie is shooting her new PBS special on June 13th at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles and Premium JEFC Members have the first opportunity to purchase great seats!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dream With Me forum
Participants:  128
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dream With Me
Dream With Me by Jackie Evancho (Audio CD - 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (740)