Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Dream With Me forum

Jackie Evancho - general discussion #5

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2012 3:23:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 3:58:47 PM PDT
We were again approaching the end of the previous thread (#4), & with her upcoming concerts, the forum has been, & will be, very busy, so i went ahead & started #5.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:41:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 2:28:19 PM PDT
DM says:
I'm in! This month should just be great with all that is going on.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:53:52 PM PDT
Anthony Au says:
I'm here too. I'll try to post a short review of Jackie's performance at the Orpheum as soon as I get home on the 13th.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 7:43:09 PM PDT
dragonslair says:
much appreciated #4 may not last until noon tomorrow 4june, that short clip of the end of lovers should put to rest the high end of her voice.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 9:00:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 9:07:21 PM PDT
Lezleyboom says:
Now I'm jut a sporadic lurker here, but I just wanted to post some encouragement for this new thread so that it stays civil.
Don't be this guy: http://xkcd.com/386/
PAX

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:39:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 10:43:37 PM PDT
Jackie Fan says:
Thanks for getting the new general discussion #5 started. I hope things work out for this segment to be far better than all the previous ones.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 4:27:50 AM PDT
IAM says:
It sounds like everything went well at the concert. Jackie being her usual amazing self. LOL

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 2:45:44 PM PDT
Janet L. says:
At JE's most recent concert, she sang AIAOY and someone posted a minute and a half snippet of it. Can someone repost the link so that I can listen to it. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 3:12:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 7, 2012 9:27:14 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 5:26:40 PM PDT
Janet L. says:
Thank you Rick

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:45:28 AM PDT
GaretH says:
This is my first visit to the Alpharetta theater. In truth I prefer the Fox. I hope the next concert will be at the Fox. I believe that venue provides the perfect acoustics. like I said I'm saving my money the next concert, but I wish I could be in Los Angeles at the Ophesus for Jackie's great performance video. I love to watch her on TV, on my computer, and now live and in person. The differences beyond imagination. So again, thank you Jackie for your great performance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 3:19:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 3:20:26 AM PDT
Garet Hartshorn,

Just Jackie, Mighty Mo, and either Larry Douglas Embury or Bob Van Camp if he is still around. 4 keyboards, 42 ranks of pipes, 3622 pipes and Jackie! Wow!! The organ is capable of anything from a whisper to shaking the building. One of the most capable Theater organs in the world, and beautifully voiced. It also has a very beautiful sounding Concert Grand Piano you can play remotely from the console. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S4_MazmhQk

Best Regards,
Russ

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 6:40:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 6:40:36 AM PDT
Ms. Yasmine says:
Thanks to Edward P. Traxler for posting the Alpharetta Patch article. I hope we get some pictures from the 'camera guy' . Reposting for anyone who missed it.
To Emily - I'll try really hard not to respond the Sheriff or Deputy/CEO/MVP/M.O.U.S.E.......

Edward P. Traxler says:
http://alpharetta.patch.com/articles/jackie-evancho-helps-aso-open-its-summer-season

"While she was singing, her age wasn't apparent. But between songs, she reminded you that she's not even in her teens yet, with little giggles, and shy smiles as she replied "I love you, too," to fans who called out to her. The cool, calm exterior she has while singing shifts easily into what seems to be her real persona, that of a young girl just happy to be on stage, doing something she loves. That joy of singing came through in her songs, too.

If you have the chance to see Jackie Evancho in concert in the future, don't pass it up."

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 6:53:37 AM PDT
J. Korns says:
One thing the reviewer was bugged by was the obliviousness of the amateur photographer to him. If there were ever an argument against photographing during a concert that would be it. The fact that it is disruptive to people who want to hear her sing. Hopefully most folks have more courtesy than to be obnoxious with their cameras, or can disable the shutter "noise" from their modern digital cameras.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 6:56:03 AM PDT
Yasmin - I think the quoted paragraph sums up about as well as I have read to date what this whole "Jackie" thing is all about. Loved that article:

"While she was singing, her age wasn't apparent. But between songs, she reminded you that she's not even in her teens yet, with little giggles, and shy smiles as she replied "I love you, too," to fans who called out to her. The cool, calm exterior she has while singing shifts easily into what seems to be her real persona, that of a young girl just happy to be on stage, doing something she loves. That joy of singing came through in her songs, too."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 7:44:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 7:45:11 AM PDT
Discover says:
J Korns says: camera noise

Most/all Digital cameras don't actually make that "shutter noise" you can go to the menu and shut it off. Should ask the next time for shooter to shut it off. On many/most, in the menu you can set the exposure metering so the a spotlighted person dressed in white or light colors doesn't "glow" from over exposure. One of the two first posted videos was like that. Dont know if a smart phone or whatever can be set for the situation, some thing to check BEFORE the concert. There have been a tremendous number of mostly ruined videos of Jackie concerts (and probably other performers) because people don't do their camera home work.

For example stand up a white poster with writing in a darkened room and shine a light on the poster and figure out how to set your camera so you can read the writing or some other such practice method.

Jackie doesn't "glow" in concert videos because she is a celestial being,but from an incorrectly set camere.LOL

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 8:52:09 AM PDT
Discover
Good advice.
Still, I'm sticking with the "celestial being" theory.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:16:21 AM PDT
Twain says:
jimjosh,

I loved your review! Thank you. The way you put everything in sequence and included little details was great. You must have been taking notes during her performance and sacrificing yourself on our behalf. And doing it all while also giving your sweet Layla the attention she may have required. I am so happy to hear that the concert was a big hit with everyone. Sorry I wasn't able to post this earlier. Thanks again.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:37:13 AM PDT
Ehkzu says:
Courtesy of Norman Lebrecht (yeah, that Norman Lebrecht), I found out that yesterday Eduard Khil died. He was someone who could even sing bad songs as if they were good songs, so he had that in common with Jackie. Too bad he probably never heard of her.

Here's his biggest hit, known as the Trololo song, originally known as "I'm to happy to be home," about a soldier returning home, only the Soviet censors kept objecting to various parts of the lyrics, and eventually left the song with no lyrics at all, thus making Eduard Khil's expressive video into an inexplicable narrative. But it shows how he could turn a sow's ear into, well...a very nicely presented sow's ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs

I look forward to Jackie's rendition of this Soviet classic on a future album.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 10:18:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:53:09 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 10:29:19 AM PDT
Chas says:
Did anyone download it before it was taken private?

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 10:40:58 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 26, 2012 9:48:56 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 10:41:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 5, 2012 10:41:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 10:42:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:53:22 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 10:45:58 AM PDT
Ehkzu says:
spoken like--like me--a true completist.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 398 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dream With Me forum
Participants:  138
Total posts:  9946
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dream With Me
Dream With Me by Jackie Evancho (Audio CD - 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars (829)