Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on July 6, 2009
I was wondering how shipping would work from Amazon for this frozen baby food. When it arrived, it was still completely frozen, although it had been in transit for 3-4 days. The packaging was perfect. More importantly, the food thaws quickly (when unpackaged), and tastes so incredibly fresh! My son (6.5 months) LOVES it! But if he's not all that hungry, I have no problem finishing it for him. It's a far cry from jarred baby food. Even the organic jarred baby food is nothing next to this stuff! I haven't done this yet, but I can see using a few cubes in adult recipes. I am hoping that by eating really fresh veggies and fruits now, my son will love to eat healthy, fresh vegetables as he get older. It's no wonder kids tend to dislike vegetables when they start out eating only the canned/jarred variety that have no taste. The fresh contrast of the Jack's Harvest food is strikingly delicious.
on May 11, 2011
My baby loves this food - heck, I love it too. I taste everything I give to her, and Jack's food tastes fresh like I made it myself (which is why I'm buying frozen, I just don't have the time to make her baby food). The variety of fruits and veggies is great - baby especially loves the sweet potatoes! I love that there is a pinch of herb or spice in these too. I do wish that instead of mangoes (which can be highly allergenic, but don't get me wrong, they are great - I just don't prefer them as a first food for baby) they'd include butternut squash, or bananas. Overall, I will be buying Jack's again. Also, the food came completely frozen solid even after 2 days in transit to Florida in April (90 degree days). Highly recommend and very satisfied!
on October 5, 2010
The baby food sold by Jack's Harvest is the closest you can get to homemade in the current market of organic frozen veggies/fruits in my experience. I have tried several top reviewed brands and even though they met expectations as far as taste and ingredients, Jack's Harvest frozen hearts appear to be of a more natural/homemade consistency (like if you just had finished cooking them yourself). Every time I have ordered from this company, it appears to me that they prepare the food as orders comes in (the packaging dates are a few days after I have placed my order in Amazon). This is a good indication as to how fresh this food really is.

The customer service at Jack's Harvest is OUTSTANDING too. I have written several emails with questions and Joseph House has replied promptly with answers. This is really rare nowadays and truly appreciate seeing this from a company that I have trusted with preparing the food for my baby.
on June 24, 2010
This baby food is so delicious, it actually makes me want to eat my veggies! My six-month-old has liked every flavor. It is convenient for me to grab one or two of the smaller size or one of the bigger size out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. For breakfast, I just mix one of the smaller size with cereal. Preparing and freezing food is something I would do for my son if I only had the time, so I am very happy to have found Jack's! Also, although the Amazon webpage indicates a 4-6 week shipping time, the food actually arrives in 2 or 3 days (with free shipping).
on April 30, 2011
This frozen organic baby food is absolutely fantastic. It arrived quickly (within 3 days from ordering) and was - to my surprise - still completely frozen thanks to the dry ice it is packed with (hubby enjoyed the remainders of that for some big boy playing ;-) ).

While my son (then 4.5 months, now 6 months) didn't like all the varieties right away (the Papplesauce was too tart for him, the peas too "green" tasting)he absolutely fell for the Sweet Potatoes (with Cinnamon) and the Carrots (with a hint of Ginger). The spices that are added to this food are very subtle but no doubt help in developing baby's palate.

I have the habit of tasting all the foods for my little guy and Jack's Harvest is so fresh tasting and downright yummy that I was briefly tempted to just keep it for myself.

If you are short on time but wanted to prepare your own organic baby food, this product pretty much makes up for it and is a true time saver. Each of the 1-ounce cubes thaws in the microwave in about 30 seconds on 50% power setting and they work well plain or mixed with milk and cereal.

I highly recommend this starter pack. I have since reordered the multi-packs (6 bags of 10 cubes) of my son's favorites.
on November 27, 2011
Peas are a lot of work to make at home. These smell great and and are tasty (yes I tried them!). They shipped with dry ice and were solidly frozen. Baby loves them! I wish they sold them nearby, as 6 packs is a lot of peas.
on September 13, 2010
To begin, if you have ever compared the smell, taste, and color of frozen baby food to the jarred kind, you know that the frozen stuff just seems fresher and more like real food.

Once I decided that I was going to go frozen, there were a few reasons I preferred Jack's Harvest.
1) The addition of seasonings/spice - not only does it add flavor and help your baby develop a taste for "real" food, but there are numerous studies indicating the benefits of seasonings like cinnamon, sage, mint, etc. Mixing any of the flavors with some plain yogurt is just wonderfully nutritious baby food - vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics...
2) The storage bags are convenient - in a pinch, I have tried both Baby Bella and Happy Baby frozen options - both come in a box, with a tray covered in film. Once you peel back the film to expose the cubes of food, you have to put the whole box or tray back into a freezer bag or the food is exposed to the air. JH's comes in freezer bags - it is by far the easiest way to access and store the food.
3) More options flavor options than other brands - everything organic
4) The heart shapes are just adorable

I confess my twins are almost three but I still order JHs because I use the fruit flavors to make their yogurt smoothies every day. I add a cube of the peas or broccoli to their spaghettios; I add a carrot cube to their mac and cheese. Plus, customer service is great - always ready to work with me on special orders and with the free shipping, it's straight to your door...
on October 12, 2010
I have been recommending this product to every mom I know! I am completely sold! I had done a ton of research on what to feed my son. I didn't want to feed him something with a 2 year shelf life! I contacted Jack's Harvest with my long list of questions, and was contacted personally, by email and phone, by one of the owners. She answered all of my questions, and gave me suggestions. I was totally impressed with this customer service. I ordered my batch right away. The order got a little mixed up, since she was customizing it for me, but it was straightened out within the day. I got a personal email from the shipping manager, and the order was right, on my doorstep, in a few days! Customer service like this doesn't come around that often these days! The personal touch, plus the delicious taste of the food has me and my son hooked! I couldn't get him to eat the cereal, but he could not get enough of this food. He tried the pears first, and loved it! He was smacking and licking his lips! I had to try it, after all the reviews I had read, and could not believe how delicious it was...like eating a fresh pear! We have since moved on to the sweet potatoes, my favorite, and the mango! He loves them all! I can't wait to try all the other flavors with him, and eventually move on to the stage 2. I can not thank Heather enough for all her personal touches with her customers, and for making a delicious, healthy food that us busy moms wish they could make for our babies ourselves! Thank you!!!
on August 12, 2010
I have three small children. I have a 3 year old, an almost 2 year old and an 8 month old. I used to make all my own baby food for my first child, I made about half of the food for my second child and supplemented with organic frozen foods. Unfortunately, I have not had the time to make much food for my third baby and I am heavily relying on Jack's Harvest frozen food to feed her. I have used other brands of frozen food but since my last order with them, I am a Jack's Harvest only mom! I usually order off of Amazon and have great success. I live south of Atlanta so it doesn't take too long to receive my shipment since they are based in GA. The last order was just a day or so later than I expected but it was not a problem for me. To my surprise, there was a hand written note from Jo Jo House (VP, Operations) apologizing for the delay and had included an extra bag of food!! I was shocked! I thought customer service like that was gone in this day and age. It was a wonderful experience. My baby and I love this food!
on January 28, 2009
As a BUSY mother of 4 I'm so thankful to have finally found a baby food that my kids LOVE! I used to buy the organic jar food at the grocery store, but by 8 months all my boys refused it and I had to find creative alternative finger food and that was tough since they were still so young. Now that I have tried Jack's Harvest side by side with the competition jar food I used to use, I know understand why my kids stopped eating baby food so early. There is no comparison. Jack's Harvest actually tastes like the fruit or vegetable while the competition was absolutely bland and tasteless. If you are interested in a healthy, organic start for your child, then the ONLY choice is Jack's Harvest!