4.0 out of 5 stars These Jeans Offer Style, Quality and Fit
What can one say in a review of a pair of denim jeans?

Published on November 23, 2011 by Terry Sunday

3.0 out of 5 stars great material, bad labeling of the size
These jeans are great in all ways but one - the size!

The material is strong and durable, and nice to touch. They came packaged nicely.

However, when the person who is generally a size "34" tried it, they looked like they were 4 sizes too big!

FYI: The length is for a tall guy.

Besides the labeling, the jeans are great, and I'd...
Published on December 15, 2011 by AIROLF

4.0 out of 5 stars These Jeans Offer Style, Quality and Fit, November 23, 2011
Terry Sunday (El Paso, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What can one say in a review of a pair of denim jeans?

I had never heard of Jackson jeans before this Vine offer appeared, but I decided to take a shot, and ordered a pair in black. Based on my quick evaluation, they are at least as good as Levi and Lee denim jeans, and may be a step above in some ways. They seem to be of very good quality. The 100% cotton denim material is fairly heavy but very soft, without any stiffness or roughness. All the stitching on the seams, pockets and hems is straight, even and tight. The small black rivets adorning the front pocket openings are securely attached and perfectly aligned, with the tiny "J" logos upright. The small, thin brown leather rectangle on the right-rear belt line, marked with an embossed "J" logo, is sewn on firmly, as is the manufacturer's brand label and size tab inside the waistband. There's also a sturdy fabric loop sewn inside the waistband at the back. I have no idea what it's for (a built-in wedgie loop?), but it would be a great place to attach a billfold chain, if one were to use such an accessory. The Talon zipper slides freely with no binding, and seems robust enough to last for years. All in all, these jeans appear extremely well-made and should be very durable.

There's nothing unusual in the styling department. The two front and two back pockets are deep enough but not overly so, and the right-hand watch pocket is typically shallow. The insides of the front pockets are made from a very thin, soft, smooth fabric. I suspect they may not hold up for very long if you carry keys or other sharp objects in them--or if you walk around with your hands in your pockets. As usual with jeans, the legs are proportionally far too long for the waist sizes, so you'll probably have to roll up the cuffs, shorten the legs or just let them bunch up around the ankles (which seems to be a current fashion trend).

Size-wise, these jeans measure out just as advertised, and (based on one sample) you can depend on them being sized accurately. I don't know whether they'll shrink in washing, but you might want to consider the possibility when you choose a size.

All in all, my initial impression of these Jackson jeans is very positive. I tend to prefer the more nerdy look of cargo pants, and I live in shorts for about nine months of the year, but these are a great addition to my wardrobe.

3.0 out of 5 stars great material, bad labeling of the size, December 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These jeans are great in all ways but one - the size!

FYI: The length is for a tall guy.

Besides the labeling, the jeans are great, and I'd order another size if I knew which size to get!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy with confidence... these are great!, January 9, 2012
R.Suarez "R-Suarez-" (Mc Allen, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So I am the average Levi's guy that occasionally buys jeans from Express, GAP or ON. When I was offered these I was a little bit reluctant as I had never seen this Jackson brand. From prior experiences with Amazon exclusive products I decided to go ahead and order them.

The first thing I noted upon receiving these, is that while the picture in the Amazon product description page shows a dark solid black pair, the pair I received looks pre-washed and the color is not as dark as shown, that is not necessarily a bad thing but something worth mentioning. Quality is great, and the denim, while thin, looks resistant. The ones I ordered were a 34 and the length should be about 32. They fit well, but as other reviewers have pointed out, the waist feels larger than your average 34W jeans, nothing a belt cannot help resolve and in the end, they do feel comfortable, which is what really matters.

The pockets are made of a soft fabric and they are smaller than the average Levi's pocket. I noticed this immediately as I do not have a case for my iPhone 4 and always carry it on the left front pocket of my pants, that is normally not a problem but when I sat wearing these the phone on the pocket was quite uncomfortable as there is not enough room for it.

If I had to give someone a reference on the quality and design of these I guess they would come close to the X2 from Express. The price point looks ok for the quality you receive. Buy with confidence... these are great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than picture, January 20, 2012
These jeans seem to be made well, but were a lot more baggier looking than the model in the picture. The waist was true to size, but too baggy. We returned them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit!, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Jackson Amazon.com Exclusive Men's Straight Fit Jean (Apparel)
Bought this jean in a different color and would recommend to all. They are a great fit and super high quality denim and trims.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic comfortable *THIN*-denim jeans., December 9, 2011
இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾѾ Recommended with warm fuzzies.

For more than 20 years, my main jeans of choice have been Levi's 505 "Regular Fit" jeans. I bought every color variation of "Regular Fit" 505s that Levi's ever came out with and, even now, I have new black and blue pairs that I originally bought many years ago on sale and they are waiting in storage to be eventually worn (yep, I still fit in them too :-) Levi's has since tampered with the 505's success, renamed them "Straight Fit", and their "Straight Fit" jeans now ride lower on the waist compared to the original design of their "Regular Fit" 505s. Perhaps this lower-riding style was changed to appeal to the hip younger adolescent crowd? I mention this both because I am comparing these Jackson Men's Straight Fit jeans to my beloved 505s and because, like the original "Regular Fit" 505s, these jeans ride at waist level and do not sit lower down the waist (and this is a good thing IMHO!).

The overall stitching, rivets, zipper, fabric, and quality of these jeans are pretty good. Compared to Levi's 505s, they fit more like the previous "Regular Fit" 505s (which I prefer) than the later-model "Straight Fit" 505s. In fact, when I overlay both jeans together, their profiles and shapes are very similar, with the Jackson jeans being slightly roomier along the length of the entire leg (about a half-inch wider in circumference compared to the 505s). The denim fabric feels soft and very smooth, but also very thin and light. Out of curiosity, I compared the weight of the Jackson jeans to my 505s. The Jackson jeans weighed 24 ounces and my same-sized 505s weighed 28 ounces. When I wear both jeans, the Levi's feel noticeably thicker and heavier than the actual 4-ounce difference, both because the 505s have thicker denim and because the Jackson jeans feel slightly roomier along the leg area. These Jackson jeans would feel even better during the heat of summer because of the thinness of the denim and the nice roomy feel along the legs. Being that it is winter here right now, I do prefer heavier denim on my jeans when the temperatures go below freezing.

The pair of black Jackson jeans that I received was already pre-washed and, as a result, the black color had a slightly faded pre-washed/stone-washed look to it. The jeans did not shrink further after they were washed in warm water. The zoomed-in images of the black Jackson jeans on the Amazon display show a darker and more consistent black than my pair. Overall, these are good jeans!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy, August 2, 2014
I wanted to like these jeans. I struggle to find my size (38x34) and the price was good. I bought the first pair in grey and they seemed perfect, so I tried the indigo. The indigo looked nice so I quickly bought a 3rd pair. After about 2 hours of wearing the 3rd pair (desk job, had not even washed them yet) the crotch split wide open. I thought maybe it was just bad luck, but when I examined (dont laugh) the crotch on the other 2 pairs (still pretty new) the threads were stretched and they too are on the verge of splitting.

The search for a decent pair of jeans continues....

2.0 out of 5 stars Color faded out after a couple of washes!, May 11, 2014
The fitting is good for this one, but now it looks like a gray one rather than a Black one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels great, January 3, 2014
Bought these on a whim based on the price. Definitely impressed and happy. I generally wear a 31x32 (so based on reviews, ordered a 30x32) and they fit perfectly. In fit, I also wear a American Eagle Relaxed Fit 31x32 and H&M Loose regular 31x32.

3.0 out of 5 stars ITS OK!, December 20, 2013
These jeans are a bit small but feels comfortable .I thought it was a bit darker but its ok..nice pair of jeans