Customer Discussions > Number Ones forum

Janet Jackson "I Get Lonely" feat. Blackstreet not present on Number Ones

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2009 8:53:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2009 8:57:32 PM PST
LazyBoy83 says:
Uhh what happend?. the back of the CD case lists "I Get Lonely" feat. Blackstreet yet the version on the CD is actually the 4:01 LP/Album Edit (solo version). why list them as being guests on the song and then turn around and not have them included on the CD?. this is false advertising. I was really looking forward to the TNT Remix Edit feat. Blackstreet being on here and for some weird reason it's not. is anybody else expieriencing this same issue with their CD or is it just me?. licensing issues?.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2009 6:53:48 PM PST
rmcrae says:
That's on all pressings of the album. I'm not sure why that happened though. I prefer the original, but I agree that it's false advertising. I'm glad the R. Kelly mix of Any Time, Any Place is on here too, but it's not listed either.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2010 10:48:24 PM PDT
D. Ulrich says:
Totally agree. What the hell happened to "I Get Lonely." I thought I got one of those CD's that is edited like maybe the song had explicit lyrics or something. That was the one song I was more excited about hearing than all of them because I love blackstreet and this is the one time where a remix actually bettered the original song. Janet and blackstreet are awesome on the cut but why is it not on here?

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 1:05:41 AM PDT
I don't think this is false advertising, but record industry politics. My thinking is that Janet's label and people couldn't get the license and rights to use the version of the tune in question with BLACKstreet for whatever reason. Due to this, it seems that the folks who designed the album cover assumed that the group would be included and didn't make the correction.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2010 3:04:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2010 3:07:04 AM PDT
LazyBoy83 says:
^^^ Makes sense i guess. still a shame it did'nt make it on here. i ended up buying a used copy the 5-track "I Get Lonely" austrailian import maxi-single released 1998, with the TNT Remix Edit on it, at the record shop by me for $5.50 complete and in good condition right before 2009 ended. it's all good. still though, i should'nt of had to do that just to get what was advertised in the first place.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2010 11:14:43 AM PDT
Jay says:
i do agree with that and i was pissed off that it wasn't on there
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Number Ones forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Number Ones
Number Ones by Janet Jackson (Audio CD - 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (118)