Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on October 29, 2014
I ordered several different styles and colors of Jag Jeans in the Peri (straight), Phoenix (straight), Malia (slim) & Paley (boot) cuts. I am upper 30's, 5'6", 160 lbs and between a size 12 and a size 14 depending on the brand. I can wear a 12 in the butt and legs but my Mommy waistline usually prefers a 14. I want jeans to be flattering and comfortable. I want to be able to breathe, but I also don't want to be swimming in them. They should hug in the right places to flatter. With the Mommy tummy, I need a higher waist to smooth everything out but I still want my butt to look good. All styles of these pull-up jeans fit the bill. They smooth, lift, stretch and flatter in the correct places if you get the right size. However, I had issues in ordering the correct size across different colors and styles.

First up, the Peri, which is the straight-leg style. Yes, these are straight leg but I would classify them as what some are calling the "barely boot." I ordered the After Midnight and the Dark Shadow. I ordered 14's and 12's in both colors. The After Midnight color was super, super stretchy and did have a pretty horrible dye smell. When I put on the 14's in this color, I had a lot of bunchy material around my thighs and some crotch sag. So, I went down to the 12's. The 12's were a much better fit but I still had some extra material in the inner thighs. I honestly probably could have worn a 10. Really weird fit in this color but I think it was the super stretchy material. Between that and the smell, I decided to return both of these. Next, the Dark Shadow jeans. These are a gorgeous, trendy dark color with cute stitching. The Dark Shadow doesn't have nearly the stretch as the After Midnight color so the 14's fit perfectly. Now, I can wear the 12's and they look good as well but they are obviously a much tighter fit. Some may prefer the smaller size as it is a little more flattering as it really hugs/cinches the thigh and butt area but since I'm not going to be on the cover of Vogue anytime soon, I would just rather be comfortable and age appropriate. Don't get me wrong, the 14's are also very flattering but just don't cinch things in quite as much. It's just a matter if you like a snug fit or not. Also, I figure I can wash/dry the larger size without worrying if they shrink a little.

Update: After wearing the larger size 14 for 4 hours, I had butt sag. Not attractive, but can live with it. After 8 hours, I had crotch and butt sag to the point I couldn't keep the pants up. So, definitely go with the smaller size. They may feel too snug in the morning but they are perfect after a few hours. Also, these pants actually get larger after washing due to their stretchy nature. So, no fabric softener unless they are really too small and you actually need them to get stretchier.

If you love a straight leg fit, try the Jag Phoenix straight leg jeans. These are similar to the Peri but have decorative pockets in the back and make your butt look amazing! I got these in Blue Shadow, size 12, and while they are a tad snug, these are still very modest and comfortable. These are great date-night jeans and are super flattering all the way around. Probably my favorite pair yet.

Next, the Malia, which they are calling the slim-leg style. Yes, these are a slimmer leg but I still would not classify this as a skinny jean as they do not hug the leg. I ordered these in the Black Iris Corduroy, Dark Burgundy Corduroy and Blue Shadow in Size 14. I also ordered the Blue Shadow in Size 12 for comparison. The corduroy jeans are GORGEOUS and almost look like a velvet color. They are also a bit thicker so good for cooler days. The corduroy material is also super stretchy. The Black Iris is a deep navy but I didn't like the color as much in person as I liked it online. It looked darker in person and could be mistaken for black under the right light. It would probably be really hard to match for this reason. I ordered these in Size 14 and they were huge. I mean bunchy material for days, crotch sagging HUGE. These went back. I then put on the Dark Burgundy Corduroy in Size 14 expecting the same result, but no. These 14's actually fit perfectly. The legs do feel slimmer on these. Not form-fitting skinny legs, but definitely more modern, closer fitting. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dark Burgundy color. It is a deep, gorgeous red color. Perfect for the Holidays. Really, really strange that these same jeans in different colors fit differently but they did ship from separate places so that may explain the sizing issues. Next, I moved on to the Blue Shadow, Size 14's. Again, perfect fit. These are not as stretchy as the Corduroy material but do have stretch in them. I can wear the Blue Shadow in the smaller size 12 and they are flattering as well but they are very, very form fitting with the slimmer leg and they are also really snug in the waist, almost to the point of being uncomfortable. Again, some may prefer this, but I would prefer comfort and a little more modesty for everyday wear.

UPDATE: The Malia cut just doesn't work for me. After wearing the 14's for 4 hours, I had butt sag. After 8 hours, I had crotch and butt sag to the point I couldn't keep the pants up anymore. The 12's are just too form fitting for me to give them a few hours to "relax" so I will be sticking with the straight leg fit over this slimmer Malia fit from now on.

Finally, the Paley, which is the boot cut version of this jean. This is really more like a flare leg in my opinion. It is like the old style boot cut pants that have huge leg openings. I got these in Atlantic Blue, size 12. These were a bit snug, but were still comfortable and very flattering. Regardless of the great fit, I couldn't get past the bell bottoms. These went back.

I ended up with:

1- Peri - Dark Shadow, Size 12
2- Phoenix - Blue Shadow, Size 12

I hope you found this review helpful! Everyone kept saying to size down and now I know why!
on November 9, 2014

After enjoying the magic of pull-on maternity jeans and reluctantly returning to regular jeans when my kid was about 8 months, (yeah it took me that long, don't judge), I was OVERJOYED to find Jag pull-on jeans. I have 2 pairs of the jeans and 2 pairs of the cords. I am about to buy my third pair of cords. I am unstoppable.

Tips: if you are a 6 in button-up/zip jeans, order a 4 in these. For the cords, order a 2. Trust me. The pull-on is great but they need to be snug or you'll have dumpy butt and they'll look and feel awkward. These are insanely comfortable and so very cute. I am 5'6", about 125 lbs, have ample hips and butt and I buy a size 4 in jeans and 2 in cords. But as I said, I'm a 6 elsewhere. When I was meatier post-baby, I bought an 8 and they were great.

Pros: comfortable, comfortable, comfortable, cute as hell, long-lasting, durable, you get to say you wear a size 2 even if you're a 6.

Cons: the black cords attract so much lint they are kind of annoying. You will find yourself hiking these up a bit more than regular jeans/cords, but the comfort and style of the pull-on greatly outweigh the occasional hiking-up.

Something to consider: If you don't have much of a butt, these may not be for you. I suspect they might fall down or sag and look weird. But most other jeans on the market will fit you great, so save these for us folk with the ample bums. Everybody wins! ;)
on December 23, 2013
Very comfortable, plenty long but I dry in the dryer so if they shrink a bit, length is still fine. I am 5'6" and weigh 138.
on February 18, 2015
These pants are nice material, they look nice and feel nice. However, they are significantly small. I ordered a size up from the norm to be on the safe side, and I was disappointed when these had far less movement and stretch than I would have liked. The waistband had little stretch at all. That being said, because they do look so nice, I do plan on exchanging them for the same product in a size up.
on February 5, 2015
really good fit and style for my body shape. I am long waisted, small in the waist and need anpsnt that doesn't have a gape at the rear. They are a nice collection of colors, can be dressed up or down and nice for travel, especially in Europe and NY, they fit under boots and have enough stretch to wear long silk underwear for added warmth underneath.
A competitive price is good also.
on February 5, 2015
I love all jag jeans. They fit me perfectly. The length is great because I am 5'8" tall and they are the perfect length for me. I have at least 5 to 6 pairs and hope to get more for spring. They have spandex in them and gives you enough flexibility so they are never ever uncomfortable. *****
on November 24, 2014
They are so soft an comfortable.One could almost sleep in them.They have a slimming silhouette. They look somewhat like velvet. So for casual cords, they can be dressed up nicely.I recommend you purchase your lower size if between sizes.I take either 4 or 6 in pants, and these are great in a 4. I purchased Black Iris. It is a beautiful very dark navy blue almost black, but richer.
on November 19, 2014
Bought the corduroy jag pants and just love them. Fit is perfect and want to wear them everyday. Had to shorten them because they don't come in petite. Would love to see more colors available and in petite.
on September 7, 2015
Color is much duller/greyer than the photo would indicate. They also ran too big, so I returned them. I love the Jag brand though, so am chalking this up to a one off.
on March 10, 2015
I thought these might be "old lady" pull on type pants but they aren't! Very attractive - look like regular, real jeans and so comfortable!