Jak & Daxter Collection - Playstation 3
|Price:||$19.50 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.49 (2%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Sony Jak & Daxter Collection PS3 Video Game
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Don't let the pointy ears fool you — Jak is one elf that no one wants to mess with, as plenty of villains have learned the hard way. Since they first raided your living room on the PlayStation 2, the slightly mischievous, darkly hilarious and ever-tenacious duo, Jak and Daxter have taken you on a wild ride, annihilating enemies, wielding insanely powerful weapons and driving tricked-out machines in their platforming world. There's only one place these heroes haven't taken you — but that's about to change. Get ready to charge back into action on a whole new plane as Jak and Daxter transport you to the third dimension.
Combining the three complete games of the best-selling PlayStation 2 franchise, the Jak and Daxter Collection offers all the nonstop action you love, now remastered in stereoscopic 3D and high-definition. Journey back to where it all began in Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, then explore the dark, futuristic world of Jak II as the weapons, abilities and vehicle physics get kicked up a notch. Re-experience the epic climax to the series that leaves Jak and his sidekick battling their way through an unforgiving wasteland and left for dead. In a place where survival of the fittest is the rule of the land, Jak is armed with potent weapons, armor and vehicles as they set out to escape this treacherous world. As they travel, Jak discovers inside himself a new power that is the balance to Dark Jak — Light Jack. Join Jak for a final adventure where you'll discover the answers to the mysterious Precursors, the mythical Mar, the fate of the world and even more about Jak himself. With Trophy support for each game, the Collection gives you more ways than ever to claim glory on the battleground. Jak and Dexter are back and primed to conquer a new dimension — are you?
- Wield state-of-the-art weapons, lambaste your enemies and command powerful vehicles in adventures that blend action, shooting, driving and platforming into one complete package
- Collection includes the best-selling PlayStation 2 hits, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy,
- Jak II and Jak 3 -Experience Jak and Daxter's action-packed world like never before as all three fan-favorite games surge back to life, this time fully remastered in stereoscopic 3D and high-definition
- Claim more bragging rights than ever, with Trophy support in each game
Top Customer Reviews
1. HD: The visuals in this game have definitely had a huge overhaul. The frame rate is a smooth 60fps, with hardly any hiccups or slowdowns. The character models look much more detailed and fine tuned. Environments look beautiful as well, and seeing many iconic locations remastered with detailed HD graphics can only be described as nostalgic. I hope they keep up the good work they've done with updating these PS2 classics when they make the Ratchet & Clank Collection.
2. 3D: For many, this won't matter since the number of 3D TVs in households is still a slim number, but for those who do (myself included) it's a feature well worth mentioning. They did a great job making the visuals really "pop". The multiple layers are well placed for dynamic depth perception. It' really been a joy to play the trilogy in 3D so far. You can adjust the depth to your liking, but I found the default setting to be just about right.
3. Trophies: If you're looking for a few challenges while replaying the trilogy, Naughty Dog's got you covered. The trophies range from challenging to pushover, but it's still been fun collecting them, as they have you doing things you might have otherwise never tried.Read more ›
As for this collection, it's the next best thing. The HD visuals are definitely an upgrade to the originals on PS2 (particularly 2 & 3). Frame rate is smooth and the environments look great. I do not own a 3D television so I can't comment on that, although I have read that it is well done.
If you're a fan of the series, you'll be very pleased. If you've never played Jak & Daxter before, this is a perfect opportunity to enjoy the best platformer created IMO for $39. In addition, there are trophies to collect! Enjoy!
Now. The games are still good, and still playable even against today's standards. But the quality of the HD port is probably one of the worst in the HD Remasters series. Elements that are present in other HD ports are missing from the port. The games run at a fluid 60FPS, but all of the Jak games ran at 60FPS to begin with. All previous framerate issues with the PS2 versions have been fixed, so instead of being a variable 60FPS, it now runs at a constant 60FPS.
A new Stereoscopic 3D effect was added into all three games for all of you people who own a 3DTV, and it does the job. It's pretty good for a simple conversion. But, as you'll read below, I feel like the need for 3D was unnecessary, and easily could have been put on hold so that more pressing technical matters could have been fixed first.
What can be considered a huge negative towards the quality of the ports themselves is the apparent lack of anti-aliasing. Previous HD Collections, such as Metal Gear Solid HD, God of War HD, etc., all have rendering resolutions of 720p. Jak and Daxter HD also renders at 720p, but it lacks the sufficient amount of anti-aliasing that the other ports have that really give the makeovers that fresh, satisfying look that we expect from a big collection. In MGS HD and GoW HD, jagged lines are limited to almost none. On the flipside, Jak HD suffers from many jagged lines that are plainly noticeable.Read more ›
Sadly not in a new series, but this collection is the next best thing. In case it wasn't obvious, this collection includes HD remastered versions of the three original Jak & Daxter games, made by none other than Naughty Dog, of Uncharted (and Crash Bandicoot) fame. Now if you were expecting anything else, like the other JaD games or perhaps some bonus features, or maybe even *gasp* a downloadable avatar, you will not find it here. Pure and simple, the games (accompanied by the standard HD Collection menu and achievements...er...trophies, sorry) are the only thing here. Not even the making of video is included. Oh yeah, speaking of trophies, there are quite a few here as each game in the trilogy has it's own separate trophies (somewhere around 40 to 50 for each game). Yes that means three separate platinum's for trophy hunters. Also, most of the trophies are pretty easy to get, most of them (except for those precursor orb ones ): ) will be acquired by simply playing the game. Anyways, buying an HD collection for merely trophies or bonus content is a total waste, it's really about the games. So...
Are these games any good?
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
An old school 3d platformer, this is a great game (possibly my favorite of the three) which screams potential for future installments (more on the irony of that in a moment). The Precursor Legacy looks and plays beautifully. Sure it's a bit graphically dated, but the colorful island environments look quite pretty regardless of age. Amazingly enough TPL (Precursor Le...oh you know) never loads.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the best games I used to play growing up and if you have kids this is an excellent game to get them started on since everything you do is an achievement and it will keep... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Dylan
I love these games, and having them in one package in HD is awesome!Published 19 days ago by David Lifson
I finally got around to purchasing the HD Collection of this series, and so far I'm glad I made the investment. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Margaret
Thank you very much everything on this game works perfect not a single scratch, it arrived perfectly on time with no problems I would Defintaly order againPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer