From the Publisher
A completely revised edition of Berstein's 1983 book, How to Profit from Seasonal Commodity Spreads, updated for the 1990s. While retaining the sharp coverage of traditional commodities that made the first edition so popular, the 1990 edition covers seasonal patterns in interest rate, foreign currency, and stock-index futures. Describes how to devise and implement a year-round trading strategy based strictly on seasonal patterns.
From the Inside Flap
As speculative vehicles, spreads are frequently ignored by futures traders and investors, although they typically have higher reliability than net positions in the futures markets. This book explains the seasonal characteristics of commodity spreads and shows how you can use them to tilt the trading odds in your favor. The composite seasonal spread charts alone are well worth the price of this outstanding book! Jake Bernsteins Seasonal Futures Spreads is a completely updated and revised version of Jake Bernsteins 1983 bestselling How to Profit from Seasonal Commodity Spreads. Sharpening and developing his classic coverage of the traditional commodities, Bernstein has now added coverage of seasonal patterns in interest rotes, foreign currency, and stock index futures. Youll also find a chapter on how a year-round trading strategy based strictly on seasonal patterns may be devised and implemented. Youll learn:
- The basics of spreading and seasonals
- How to use seasonal composite spread charts
- Grain market spreadsincluding soybean, wheat, corn, and oat spreads
- Livestock spreadsincluding live cattle, pork bellies, and live hog spreads
- Metals spreadsincluding copper, gold, and platinum spreads
- Fiber, food, and wood spreadsincluding cotton, lumber, coffee, cocoa, orange, and sugar spreads
- Financial spreadsincluding foreign currencies and interest rate futures
After studying the many spreads outlined in this book, youll realize that there are no spreads with 100% profit probability in any market However, by learning your history lessons on spread seasonals contained in this unique book, you can tilt the odds of success decidedly in your favor.