Jake & the Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I found the term "full-length adventure" a little confusing; when I think of full-length, I think of a movie. This DVD comes with "Peter Pan Returns" as well as five additional episodes for a running time of 169 minutes. Their "full-length" is the televised, one-hour-with-commercials episode. It's definitely my son's favorite episode (he's almost 5 years old).
The other episodes included on this DVD are:
1. The Elephant Surprise!/Jake's Jungle Groove (Capt. Hook and Smee hide in a wooden elephant then try to steal all of the pirate crew's treasures; Izzy and Cubby have a dance party with the bongos and teach Jake the Skull and Bones Stomp)
2. The Pirate Pup!/Pirate Rock! (Jake's puppy steals Capt. Hook's boot; Capt. Hook tries to keep Jake and his friends from playing their pirate music but ends up joining them)
3. The Sword and the Stone/Jake's Home Run (Jake's sword is the key to opening a mysterious door; Jake and his friends have to get their only baseball back from Capt. Hook)
4. The Pirate Princess/The Rainbow Wand (Izzy tells her mates about the cursed pirate princess, then they find her and set her free; the pirate crew finds the pirate princess's wand and return it to her)
5. Mama Hook Knows Best!/Pixie Dust Away (This is a new episode, Capt. Hook's mother comes for a visit and wants to go on a treasure hunt, Jake and his crew follow a map to treasure, Capt.Read more ›
What is doesn't always have is Peter himself, except in this "feature" special now on DVD (actually a hour long episode) in which he does appear and the gang helps him regain his gift of flight and happy thoughts. (Fans of Walt Disney's original 1953 Peter Pan might get a kick out of his reverse angle song, "I Can't Fly, I Can't Fly, I Can't Fly."
Adam Wylie, who costarred as a child on Picket Fences and has become a veteran of stage, TV and voice acting (as well as a magician at Disneyland), voices Peter with a good feel for Bobby Driscoll's performance. The show really doesn't try to recapture the film, but instead takes a colorful preschool approach, with simple characters designs and lots of peppy songs. There's even a live-action pair of singing pirates in each episode (similar to what Filmation did back in the early '70s with The Hardy Boys).
The breakout star of every show is Captain Hook, played brilliantly by Corey Burton completely for comedy and minus the menace. To keep true to the source material, Hook, Smee and his crew are never familiar with the more contemporary materials that Jake and company enjoy, calling anything modern a "thingy" or some such. Scooby Doo fans take note: more than once, Hook refers to the young pirates as "meddling swabs."
The DVD is generously supplied with other episodes in addition to "Peter Returns" with ten additional segments, or the equivalent of five half hour shows -- including one featuring Hook's mother, voiced by Sharon Osbourne!
There is more, five more episodes. The DVD is full of action, songs, fun, and teaches good friends can do great things when they work together.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my 6 year old son. He didn't have a long Christmas list but Jake and the Neverland pirates movie and a pirate ship were definately on it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by amber b
This Dvd sure made my kiddos day. It is a great addition to our family collection and adds onto the Peter Pan movies. My son loves it.Published 1 month ago by Patricia Phinney
Love this series; the children can't get enough and there isn't any real violence in the traditional sense which we appreciate. Read morePublished 4 months ago by DH
My two year old loves Jake and the Neverland pirates. Cute DVD. Great to have in the collection when Jake is not available otherwise.Published 4 months ago by Jamie K.
Minimal packaging, which I always appreciate.
My kids LOVE Jake and the episodes with Peter Pan in particular! A new favorite at our house!
My son LOVES !!! and it has way more on it than any JNP DVD I have gotten my son beforePublished 5 months ago by Proud of My autistic Son