Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

on August 2, 2015
My son absolutely loves this book. I checked it out as a library book some months ago. Three months later he was still talking to me about Jamari. I knew then that I had to purchase it for him. It's in our nightly bedtime rotation now.
Love the story, and the illustrations
Bede bada boom kabede
on March 1, 2010
This is a terrific book for every library of every person. It's a great resource for librarians and music teachers because you can use it as an interactive lesson by recreating the drum sounds from the book on drums and percussion. My kids love it the best!
on October 13, 2011
This is a beautifully written and illustrated children's story. It makes for fun read-aloud and is well-suited for group environments (e.g. classrooms, day care centers, family gatherings) and ripe with possibilities for performative interpretations. The book provides a narrative with an important role for the collaboration of children and elders as peace-keepers. The story has something to offer the whole community in its vision. If you want your children and family to share in the spirit of healing djembe rhythms, buy this book.
on April 10, 2009
This is a great story for middle elementary aged children. You could really expand on its themes for meaningful discussion or writing prompts.
on June 7, 2008
African legend type story. Nice illustrations. My 3rd and 4th kids liked it.
on January 12, 2011
I was surprised and disappointed that this book is from a library in another state. I wanted to use it in my classroom but think it is not a good idea for students to see all the other library's markings. I thought I was receiving a regular used book.