5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun! One of the Best Children's Book Around!
One of my all-time favorites for children aged four months to 2 1/2 years! The youngest will enjoy the enthusiastic alliterative rhyming and the bright colors; toddlers (and adults!) will also enjoy the clever pictorial links between each page (preparations for fireworks are shown in the corner of one page; delightfully exploding berries on the next).
I don't know...
Published on June 2, 2000 by M. Allen Greenbaum

3.0 out of 5 stars I love it - kids not so thrilled (not sure why)
I love this book. I love the rhythm of it, I love the note at the end, I love the dedication - love it.

Unfortunately, I've yet to get either of my nieces overly involved in it. They'll sit through it, but they won't request it :(

So I've had to take a star off what I'd normally rank this book as because, in my house, it's just not doing its job. I...
Published on June 24, 2008 by Ulyyf

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun! One of the Best Children's Book Around!, June 2, 2000
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
I don't know whether this book is more fun for the reader or the listener ("Raspberry/Jazzberry/ Razzamatazzberry/ Berryband/Merryband/Jamming in Berryland"), but it will fast become a favorite for you and a child! An enchanting tale, beautifully told: A perfect gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars The MOST imaginative book ever written for infants!, April 13, 2002
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
Come along and sing the song of "Jamberry" in "Jamberryland." A little boy befriends a dancing bear that is picking scores of berries in Berryland. The illustrations in this book are OUTSTANDING, sweet, and silly, beset with wit and surprises such as fruit tart flowers, butter-cookie lily pads, and bread vines to name a few. Visually stunning, as well as wonderfully rhythmic too, "Quickberry! Quackberry! Pick me a blackberry! Trainberry, Trackberry Clickerty-clackberry!" Terrific use of alliteration. This dynamic little board book will captivate your children, and don't be surprised if it charms you too. Indeed, "Jamberry" is one of the MOST imaginative books ever written for infants and young children! Birth and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars What rhyming fun!, October 26, 1999
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
My daughter said "OHH" for the first time when we turned the page and all the berries had fallen out of the canoe. Beautiful pictures and fun rhymes to go along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!!, October 21, 1999
Amazon Customer "salima6" (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
This book is one of my favorite children's books ever written. It is fun, sweet and my babies have loved it. I give it to every mother to be that I know!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for younger Kids, February 20, 2000
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
In the Children's book Jamberry by Bruce Degen, the pictures tell practically the whole story. The story begins with a sweet brown bear taking a berry picking adventure with a curious little boy. As they go about their berry-finding expedition, the illustrator depicts each scene with enormous imagination and creativity. The pages hold bright pictures that are simple enough for little children to comprehned and detailed so that each page holds someting new and entertaining. As the pair find themselves in going over a Niagra like berryfall, we see bread growing on bushes and jellybeans steming out of rivergrass. Upon arriving in Berryland, the two march in a berry parade, which circles the raspberry jam skating rink. This story holds age appropriate material which will hold toddlers attention enough to get to the ending where the the berry explorers expereince a jam jamboree with berries of all types. I highly reccommend this book for younger children. After reading it to my little brother once, I am now asked to read it everynight!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son and my favorite book, June 5, 2006
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
I bought this book when my son was 11 months old. The cadence of the whole book is wonderful. I've read it slow and I've read it so fast I can't keep up with myself turning the pages. It was quickly a favorite of mine, and when my son was old enough he would get this book from his 'library' and hand it to me. Even now (he's 8) we love this book. He reads it to me. And I love to ask "faster, faster" like he would do when I was reading to him. This spring we planted a strawberry pyramid and 3 blueberry bushes. It was funny that I didn't think of this book when my son said he wanted to plant these. But it makes perfect sense now. This will be a book that is handed down to his children and bought for his nieces and nephews I'm sure. The board book format is so excellent, the book is still in fabulous shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Want Berries! Great Book For Kids, September 15, 1999
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
Our three year old "reads" the book from memory -even the last two paragraph afterward by the author. Theillustrations are fun and the text is wonderful. Great book Mr. Degen!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's absolute favorite, April 8, 2006
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
This is the first book my son picks out for us to read, everytime. In fact, we're on our second copy, ready to get our third, of the board book, it is so well worn.

Just repeating "strawberry ponies and strawberry lambs, dancing in meadows of strawberry jam" gets him giggling, even without the book - very useful for fussy times.

A great gift or great for your own children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity!!, July 11, 2004
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
Yummy!! A delicious book packed with fruit flavor. Mouth-watering blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries burst from each page, as you float along on rhymes with punch. I eat this book up every time.
This is as good as it gets in a board book for your wee one. The illustrations are gorgeous, and Degan has fun with it too, giving a "hint" of the next page's adventure as the starring duo finish hunting for one fruit and move on in search of the next. Although it's tempting to whip through, singing the rhymes like a song, it's also fun to linger on each page and point out all the things going on in each picture -- hints of the adventure to come and remnants of the one just completed. So, you can read through it a couple of times in each sitting.
This is my favorite of favorites to read to my one-year-old -- luckily, he likes it too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My toddler twins LOVE this book!, April 15, 2003
This review is from: Jamberry (Board book)
I have to admit that when I first read this book, I wasn't too sure what I thought of it. As another reviewer said, it contains a lot of fanciful words: jamberry, moonberry, berryband, and so forth. My twins absolutely LOVE this book, though! To them, it's every bit as good as their favorite Dr. Seuss classic. They enjoy the rhyme and repetition of the words, and love to look through the beautifully illustrated pages to find things they recognize. We have a lot of books, and this is the one that they will ask me to read every day (sometimes more than once). We've nearly worn out one board book by reading and rereading it, so I'm going to buy another for them soon. I highly recommend this book for your toddler!

Jamberry
Jamberry by Bruce Degen (Paperback - March 23, 1983)
Used & New from: $0.67