Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

James Marsters /is/ doing the audio book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 29, 2012 7:50:45 AM PDT
R. Thiemann says:
James' facebook page, 8/28/12:

"Great news for Harry Dresden fans: James returns to the studio this week to begin recording the COLD DAYS audiobook, the 14th in Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series. It is scheduled for a US release on November 27, 2012."

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 7:08:25 PM PDT
E. A Solinas says:
Excellent! I heard he only didn't do the last one because he had a prior engagement, so it's good to hear him returning.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 10:19:26 AM PDT
Wayne Worthy says:
Awesome!!!!! That's great news! Now I have something good to look forward to this winter!

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:00:32 PM PDT
Maxx Creese says:
oohhhh yeah!!!! horray for james masters!!!!

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 12:18:57 AM PDT
Tizroc says:
No, that is horray for US, and sweeeeet!!!

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 11:01:19 AM PDT
Teahouse Fox says:
AWESOME!

Ghost Story is the only Dresden novel I don't own the audio book for, and I didn't buy any of the short stories until he read them. It's *that* jarring when someone who does such a spectacular job on a series suddenly goes missing. Reader styles are entirely different, and a sudden change can totally throw the immersion off.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 4:50:49 AM PDT
Ann Anderson says:
In all fairness, John Glover did a very good job with Ghost Story.. but I am glad that James is back..

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 11:05:11 AM PDT
RJ B. says:
I liked John Glover's version of Ghost Story. I've listened to all of the Dresden audiobooks and I thought that it was a nice change considering the massive change that happens to Harry's life in the book. To me, Glover sounded a little older and more weary than Marsters.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 11:05:34 AM PDT
RJ B. says:
I couldn't agree more with you.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 5:45:15 PM PDT
M. Wilcox says:
I haven't heard Ghost Story yet, though I've heard good things about John Glover. I am a diehard Marsters fan, so I'm very happy he's back.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 5:48:39 PM PDT
M. Wilcox says:
I'll also argue that having a different narrator for a book after a character's death adds a whole new level of character. I'm looking forward to hearing the differences.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 7:58:46 AM PDT
C. Buchanan says:
This series is awesome on it's own but then add Marsters as the narrator and you've got one of the most entertaining audiobook series around.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:56:20 PM PST
I have poor eyesight after a brain tumor and listen to the audio books for any pleasure reading I want to do. Marsters is simply the best audio book performer I've ever heard. And if you've listened to him, you know why I don't just call him a reader.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cold Days: A Novel of the Dresden Files
Cold Days: A Novel of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher (Hardcover - November 27, 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars (2,377)