Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2006 11:05:56 AM PST
I was wondering if anyone out there had an answer for me to a question I have. In book one Hagrid told Harry that James and Lily were Head Boy and Girl when they were at Hogwarts; but in book five Sirius told Harry that James Potter wasn't a prefect.

Call me crazy but I always thought that u needed to make prefect in order to have that job. And with James Potter's reputation as a troublemaker how could he have made Head Boy? Can Someone tell me if the mistake lies with me or with J.K. Rowling herself? Or is there no mistake at all and there's something I don't know yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2006 10:24:42 AM PST
Stacy V says:
There is no "rule" so to speak that says you need to be prefect to make head boy/girl. If I'm not mistaken, they reference this in book 5.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2006 3:05:24 PM PDT
M. Barry says:
Lupin and Sirius both say (after a run-in Harry has with Snape in book 5, I won't say more than that in case someone hasn't read it) that James settled down as he got older, and was quite wild as a 15-year-old. In any case, being wild doesn't mean that you can't make prefect, even. See Harry's discussion with Dumbledore at the end of book 5 and you'll notice that Harry's troublemaking isn't what kept him from being a prefect.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2006
Latest post:  Aug 23, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling (Leather Bound - November 1, 2000)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (10,561)